DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: LandoverDivision on May 04, 2009, 03:42:36 PM

Title: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 04, 2009, 03:42:36 PM
Ummm....
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 06, 2009, 06:07:36 PM
Here are my first few photos of May:

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300094.jpg)

I know this isn't the best picture of 9753 but why is there no numbers in the back?
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300095.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300122.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300124.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300125.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300146.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300013.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 06, 2009, 07:28:20 PM
Where was that pic of 2015 taken?

btw I think 9764 is also missing numbers in the back...unless they fixed that which I think they did but I don't remember
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 07, 2009, 09:37:04 AM
2015 is at Addison Road Station. Also bus # 2600 is missing the numbers on the back, but on the inside.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on May 07, 2009, 01:34:08 PM
9753 remains @ Northern.  And 9764, which remains @ Montgomery, now has decals on the back.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:39:02 PM
Well so much for that FC block
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:40:07 PM
Did someone say the Pike Ride Scheme si doomed and that Pike Ride buses are no longer slated for the Pike only?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:40:51 PM
New Circulators
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:41:35 PM
More
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:43:52 PM
No one ever takes pics of the supervisors vehicles police or Maintenance vehicles and that is sad as a bit of history is lost.

I feel for the poor guy who has to drive the soccer mom van.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:44:34 PM
 :)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 10, 2009, 10:00:45 PM
FJXX is used on the 10 and 90's routes too. I don't get it.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 10, 2009, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 10, 2009, 10:00:45 PM
FJXX is used on the 10 and 90's routes too. I don't get it.

90s would be NJxx...unless FMR does some 90s trips, do they?

Also, it could be an interlining that just happened...for example...sometimes on the Q2 I see buses with blocks MWxx, MYxx, MZxx, and I think also MJxx.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on May 10, 2009, 11:45:47 PM
Quote from: Antozilla on May 10, 2009, 09:39:02 PM
Well so much for that FC block

If that block interlines, that would explain the different letter. 
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 11, 2009, 12:06:51 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 10, 2009, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 10, 2009, 10:00:45 PM
FJXX is used on the 10 and 90's routes too. I don't get it.

90s would be NJxx...unless FMR does some 90s trips, do they?

Also, it would be an interlining that just happened...for example...sometimes on the Q2 I see buses with blocks MWxx, MYxx, MZxx, and I think also MJxx.

Oops. I was just talking about the "J" part. I've seen the J used a lot.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 14, 2009, 01:59:22 PM
These are from last month:

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9782b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9302b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9301a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb5416a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb5403a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb5403b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2618a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2395b.jpg)


...and from yesterday:

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9403a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9398a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9337a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6423a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6404a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6388a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6387a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6384a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6105a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4388a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4071a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4043b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2818b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2727a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2438a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2436c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2390a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2344a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2166a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2131a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5288b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5501a.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on May 14, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
Nice photos! Especcialy those DE42LFA's. And the 64 is a northern route right?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 14, 2009, 05:20:04 PM
Those photos are sweet. Especially the BRT's. I can't wait to ride them.

The 64 is Western operated.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: DE40LFR on May 14, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
Nice photos! Especcialy those DE42LFA's. And the 64 is a northern route right?

Thanks!

The 64 is a Western route, though Northern has some of the new Locals as well. If you wanna look for one, the 63 is your best bet. Oh...I saw one going along E Street...so either Bladensburg has them too (D6 is the only bus that goes through E St) or that was a Western bus.

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on May 14, 2009, 06:22:52 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: DE40LFR on May 14, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
Nice photos! Especcialy those DE42LFA's. And the 64 is a northern route right?

Thanks!

The 64 is a Western route, though Northern has some of the new Locals as well. If you wanna look for one, the 63 is your best bet. Oh...I saw one going along E Street...so either Bladensburg has them too (D6 is the only bus that goes through E St) or that was a Western bus.

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.

Western covers some D6 runs in the PM rush, not sure about AM but it is possible then too.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 14, 2009, 06:39:30 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.

lol I forgot I rode one on the S9 before. I already know what its like. I wonder which ones are going to have Suburban seats.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 14, 2009, 08:54:25 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 14, 2009, 06:39:30 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.

lol I forgot I rode one on the S9 before. I already know what its like. I wonder which ones are going to have Suburban seats.

Suburban seats? Since when was that
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on May 14, 2009, 09:10:03 PM
Are Montgomery and Landover still getting 42LFA's? I haven't seen one in Montgomery's yard in ages and the ones they had are now at Western.
If I want a ride on one, where should I go to find them?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 15, 2009, 12:49:50 AM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on May 14, 2009, 09:10:03 PM
Are Montgomery and Landover still getting 42LFA's? I haven't seen one in Montgomery's yard in ages and the ones they had are now at Western.
If I want a ride on one, where should I go to find them?

like I said a couple of posts earlier, the 63 is your best bet...you might also find the occasional Local bus on the 62 or 64 but for an even greater chance, look for one at Federal Triangle where both the 63 and 64 go.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 15, 2009, 09:55:52 AM
Wait isn't 4388 a Landover bus? Awesome photos btw. Umm either today or Monday is my last day of school so if anyone wants to bus fan, holla. LOL
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on May 15, 2009, 10:42:17 AM
9301 is now a Bladensburg bus.  It was a Northern bus when that photo was taken last month.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 15, 2009, 01:29:34 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 15, 2009, 09:55:52 AM
Wait isn't 4388 a Landover bus? Awesome photos btw. Umm either today or Monday is my last day of school so if anyone wants to bus fan, holla. LOL

Yeah that's what I was thinking...but then I only remember seeing 4389 at Landover...I'm not sure if 4388 ever went there. I wonder if 4389 is back to Annex as well. Also, 4388 still has the original solid blue suburban seats.

And thanks Brandon!
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on May 15, 2009, 02:03:08 PM
This one caught me off guard.

(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/05-15-09_1212.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 21, 2009, 08:31:23 PM
Let's start with some Circulator, Fairfax Connector, and Art, respectively...

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/dcc1143a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/dcc1143b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/7771a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/ART/5229a.jpg)




And the rest...

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2073a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2168b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2352a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2549a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2816c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2816d.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4007b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4010b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4065a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4258b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4309b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4350e.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4398b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4412a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6214a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6445a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9314a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9777a.jpg)


Fun fact: 6445 has the MetroExtra logo scrolling on its sign...I failed to get a pic of that though. BTW that bus was taken at 7th and Independence SW while on the 39.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 21, 2009, 08:56:10 PM
So Royal has 2073 right now?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on May 21, 2009, 09:02:28 PM
METROBUS:
9314 remains @ Royal.
9777 remains @ Northern.
4350 remains @ Western.
4398 & 6214 are now @ Annex, both were previously @ Montgomery.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 21, 2009, 11:15:46 PM
Quote from: ChristopherF on May 21, 2009, 09:02:28 PM
METROBUS:
9314 remains @ Royal.
9777 remains @ Northern.
4350 remains @ Western.
4398 & 6214 are now @ Annex, both were previously @ Montgomery.

no, 4398 is at Royal
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 21, 2009, 11:18:30 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 21, 2009, 08:56:10 PM
So Royal has 2073 right now?

No, West Ox does...apparently they do some 13 line trips now instead of Royal (note that I have another pic up there with 4258 on the 13)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 22, 2009, 10:28:03 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 21, 2009, 11:18:30 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 21, 2009, 08:56:10 PM
So Royal has 2073 right now?

No, West Ox does...apparently they do some 13 line trips now instead of Royal (note that I have another pic up there with 4258 on the 13)

Considering where West Ox is located I never thought that division would operate that route.
Title: The Week in Pictures (56K. You know the deal)
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 22, 2009, 07:20:52 PM
Pictures are on my blog. Click on them to view fullsize
http://79metroextramd.blogspot.com/2009/05/52209-what-friday.html (http://79metroextramd.blogspot.com/2009/05/52209-what-friday.html)

Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 22, 2009, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on May 22, 2009, 07:20:52 PM
Pictures are on my blog. Click on them to view fullsize
http://79metroextramd.blogspot.com/2009/05/52209-what-friday.html (http://79metroextramd.blogspot.com/2009/05/52209-what-friday.html)



I wonder why Western is borrowing 2339.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 22, 2009, 09:21:10 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 22, 2009, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on May 22, 2009, 07:20:52 PM
Pictures are on my blog. Click on them to view fullsize
http://79metroextramd.blogspot.com/2009/05/52209-what-friday.html (http://79metroextramd.blogspot.com/2009/05/52209-what-friday.html)

I wonder why Western is borrowing 2339.

Bladensburg does some rush hour trips on the 30s...notice in my latest pics you can see 2352 and 4065 on the 32

EDIT: I realized now that in that pic of 2339, it had a W block...interesting...
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 22, 2009, 09:28:23 PM
I took that pic of 2339 last Saturday.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on May 23, 2009, 09:08:19 AM
I doubt it truly spent time at Western.  I once saw 2302 on the S2 with a Northern block, and I think I saw that bus on the H line earlier that morning.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on May 23, 2009, 08:39:17 PM
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/05-22-09_1538.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WES on May 24, 2009, 02:23:57 PM
A few photos from last week.

(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5758_38.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5754.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/9833.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/4104_Z2.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/2115_S2.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WES on May 24, 2009, 02:38:33 PM
Let's see if these work.

(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5750_9.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5612_12.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5415_20.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5370_26.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5006_8.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/RO5362_20.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/6440_S9.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/6434_S9.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/6429_S9.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/6428_S9.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/6425_S9.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/5218_S2.jpg)
(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/WES9719/2001_F4.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on May 24, 2009, 03:15:20 PM
I don't think that any of Ride On's so-called "baby Gillig Advantages" have fleet numbers on the front.

And I also didn't know that the S2 does a long "loop" just after the beginning of the southbound route & just before  the end of the northbound route.  The S4 doesn't do that.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 26, 2009, 04:04:19 PM
Sweet pictures WES! So the 6440s (well some of them) did end up on the S9. So how many is that so far like 15, 16?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 26, 2009, 04:22:27 PM
Here are some pics of mine from last week. Check out the MetroAccess paint job.

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300641.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300642.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300650.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300664.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300665.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300687.jpg)

Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 26, 2009, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 04:22:27 PM
Here are some pics of mine from last week. Check out the MetroAccess paint job.

Just hear us out Brandon, you will get in deep trouble if you are caught taking pictures at the Pentagon...you don't want that, trust me.

anyways, nice pics, and interesting MetroAccess scheme...
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 26, 2009, 06:44:56 PM
My obs from half an hour ago:

Wow 4378 on the 17K? Since when did Royal operate the 17K?
2707 on the 9A (Pentagon)
9386 on the 18E (Springfield)
2555 on the 13A (Pentagon via Mall)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 26, 2009, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 06:44:56 PM
My obs from half an hour ago:

Wow 4378 on the 17K? Since when did Royal operate the 17K?

4378 is West Ox...
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 26, 2009, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 26, 2009, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 06:44:56 PM
My obs from half an hour ago:

Wow 4378 on the 17K? Since when did Royal operate the 17K?

4378 is West Ox...

I could've sworn 4378 was Royal. I saw either this bus or 4387 on the P17.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 26, 2009, 11:09:59 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 26, 2009, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 06:44:56 PM
My obs from half an hour ago:

Wow 4378 on the 17K? Since when did Royal operate the 17K?

4378 is West Ox...

I could've sworn 4378 was Royal. I saw either this bus or 4387 on the P17.

First you said 17K now you say P17...
I have no idea about the 17K but as for the P17 (as well as W13 and P19, and possibly P18), both Annex and Royal serve those routes.

also, 4387 is also West Ox...Royal has 4352-4377 and West Ox has 4378-4387, I'm not sure whether 4351 is at Western or Royal
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 27, 2009, 09:42:28 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 26, 2009, 11:09:59 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 26, 2009, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 26, 2009, 06:44:56 PM
My obs from half an hour ago:

Wow 4378 on the 17K? Since when did Royal operate the 17K?

4378 is West Ox...

I could've sworn 4378 was Royal. I saw either this bus or 4387 on the P17.

First you said 17K now you say P17...
I have no idea about the 17K but as for the P17 (as well as W13 and P19, and possibly P18), both Annex and Royal serve those routes.

also, 4387 is also West Ox...Royal has 4352-4377 and West Ox has 4378-4387, I'm not sure whether 4351 is at Western or Royal

My bad 4374 is what I saw on the P17 but it was like a month ago. 4378 is what was on the 17K yesterday.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 30, 2009, 07:05:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what kind of bus this is?

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300023.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 30, 2009, 08:27:07 PM
ABC M1235.
Title: The Week in Pictures (23 May - 31 May) (56K warning)
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 31, 2009, 10:01:43 AM
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0470-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0440-2.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0170-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0311-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0221-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0132-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0100-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0770-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0810-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0490-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0500-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0620-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0630-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0820-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0650-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0840-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0850-1.jpg)
(http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/bigken7005/Transit/DCATZ/101B0920-2.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 31, 2009, 10:51:50 AM
Nice pics man.

So 6404 must be Bladensburg since only Bladensburg buses operate routes at Minnesota Ave Station.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 31, 2009, 10:52:21 AM
6404 is a Western bus.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 31, 2009, 10:55:57 AM
Well the sign must have been inaccurate.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 31, 2009, 10:59:49 AM
Hey Ken I want your camera. Can I have it? Anyways hella awesome pictures. Man those signs are jacked up. Why did a Northern bus end up on the 32 anyway?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 31, 2009, 11:03:25 AM
Another thing. Why is 6444 on the N6? Isn't the N6 Western?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 31, 2009, 11:09:12 AM
6444 and 6445 are Western. Northern has 6424-6443.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 31, 2009, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on May 31, 2009, 11:09:12 AM
6444 and 6445 are Western. Northern has 6424-6443.

Oh ok. This mixup is giving me a headache I swear. I could've sworn 6444 and 6445 were Northern.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 31, 2009, 11:48:56 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 31, 2009, 11:03:25 AM
Another thing. Why is 6444 on the N6? Isn't the N6 Western?

Yeah 6444 is Western but remember that Montgomery does the N routes on weekdays, Western does weekends, as well as the L2.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 31, 2009, 11:55:24 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 31, 2009, 11:48:56 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 31, 2009, 11:03:25 AM
Another thing. Why is 6444 on the N6? Isn't the N6 Western?

Yeah 6444 is Western but remember that Montgomery does the N routes on weekdays, Western does weekends, as well as the L2.

Yeah I know they do the Ns and Ls. So where are the rest of the Express LFAs going? Anyone know?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 31, 2009, 12:02:44 PM
Forgot to post these from Thursday and Friday. As I look as these photos and some others, I am wondering how much WPGC paid to advertise on all these buses in the region.

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300050.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300045.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300044.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 31, 2009, 12:16:31 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 31, 2009, 11:55:24 AM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 31, 2009, 11:48:56 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on May 31, 2009, 11:03:25 AM
Another thing. Why is 6444 on the N6? Isn't the N6 Western?

Yeah 6444 is Western but remember that Montgomery does the N routes on weekdays, Western does weekends, as well as the L2.

Yeah I know they do the Ns and Ls. So where are the rest of the Express LFAs going? Anyone know?

Apparently there was also 6445, 6447, 6449, and 6452 out yesterday...I saw the first two on the 30s, 6449 on the E3, and 6452 on the N6.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 31, 2009, 06:32:58 PM
I went busfanning with Ken yesterday...turns out that Saturday fanning was better than I thought...


(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2193b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2416b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2429c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2434a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2457b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3908b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3930b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3949a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3950a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6320b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6385a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6388b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6388c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6389a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6445b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6447a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6449a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6452a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb6452b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5005a.jpg)
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on May 31, 2009, 08:07:58 PM
Nice photos man. I'm missing all the action down there. I got to plan a weekend trip. Which division has 6320? Western?
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 31, 2009, 11:40:09 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 31, 2009, 08:07:58 PM
Nice photos man. I'm missing all the action down there. I got to plan a weekend trip. Which division has 6320? Western?

Yep, as far as I know, Western has 6320, 6384-6389, 6404, and 6444-6452 (6452 being the highest so far, the order goes up to 6461 but I'm unsure whether the rest of the Express buses will go somewhere else or not.

Northern has 6421-6443, with 6421-6423 being local and the rest are express, not sure if 6422 is in service yet because I don't remember anyone confirming that it's in service yet.

As for the rest...we'll find out sooner or later.
Title: Re: May 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on June 01, 2009, 12:06:47 AM
Damn Ken your photos are killer! Eric you're not the only one missing the action. I'm down here and I'm missing it. I haven't been downtown in a while. Anyways I saw 6378 and 6350 @ CET about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Wonder what division they're going to. And what the heck happened to 6301?