News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

May 2009 Observation Photos

Started by LandoverDivision, May 04, 2009, 03:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NewFlyer9736BCT

These are from last month:











...and from yesterday:























Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

C40LF_2464

Nice photos! Especcialy those DE42LFA's. And the 64 is a northern route right?

OrionFlyer

Those photos are sweet. Especially the BRT's. I can't wait to ride them.

The 64 is Western operated.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: DE40LFR on May 14, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
Nice photos! Especcialy those DE42LFA's. And the 64 is a northern route right?

Thanks!

The 64 is a Western route, though Northern has some of the new Locals as well. If you wanna look for one, the 63 is your best bet. Oh...I saw one going along E Street...so either Bladensburg has them too (D6 is the only bus that goes through E St) or that was a Western bus.

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: DE40LFR on May 14, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
Nice photos! Especcialy those DE42LFA's. And the 64 is a northern route right?

Thanks!

The 64 is a Western route, though Northern has some of the new Locals as well. If you wanna look for one, the 63 is your best bet. Oh...I saw one going along E Street...so either Bladensburg has them too (D6 is the only bus that goes through E St) or that was a Western bus.

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.

Western covers some D6 runs in the PM rush, not sure about AM but it is possible then too.

OrionFlyer

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.

lol I forgot I rode one on the S9 before. I already know what its like. I wonder which ones are going to have Suburban seats.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 14, 2009, 06:39:30 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 05:28:51 PM

and OrionFlyer...if you rode the new Express buses on the S9, then you will find that the Locals are not different at all, except for the outside color.

lol I forgot I rode one on the S9 before. I already know what its like. I wonder which ones are going to have Suburban seats.

Suburban seats? Since when was that
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Scrabbleship

Are Montgomery and Landover still getting 42LFA's? I haven't seen one in Montgomery's yard in ages and the ones they had are now at Western.
If I want a ride on one, where should I go to find them?

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Scrabbleship on May 14, 2009, 09:10:03 PM
Are Montgomery and Landover still getting 42LFA's? I haven't seen one in Montgomery's yard in ages and the ones they had are now at Western.
If I want a ride on one, where should I go to find them?

like I said a couple of posts earlier, the 63 is your best bet...you might also find the occasional Local bus on the 62 or 64 but for an even greater chance, look for one at Federal Triangle where both the 63 and 64 go.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

Wait isn't 4388 a Landover bus? Awesome photos btw. Umm either today or Monday is my last day of school so if anyone wants to bus fan, holla. LOL
The REAL Landover Division fan!

ChristopherF

9301 is now a Bladensburg bus.  It was a Northern bus when that photo was taken last month.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: landoverdivision on May 15, 2009, 09:55:52 AM
Wait isn't 4388 a Landover bus? Awesome photos btw. Umm either today or Monday is my last day of school so if anyone wants to bus fan, holla. LOL

Yeah that's what I was thinking...but then I only remember seeing 4389 at Landover...I'm not sure if 4388 ever went there. I wonder if 4389 is back to Annex as well. Also, 4388 still has the original solid blue suburban seats.

And thanks Brandon!
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

C40LF_2464


NewFlyer9736BCT

Let's start with some Circulator, Fairfax Connector, and Art, respectively...









And the rest...





















Fun fact: 6445 has the MetroExtra logo scrolling on its sign...I failed to get a pic of that though. BTW that bus was taken at 7th and Independence SW while on the 39.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.