News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

New Ride On Gilligs

Started by rideonrulez, November 19, 2008, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ChristopherF

I haven't seen the 5731-5746 in my neck of the woods yet...

rideonrulez

Quote from: ChristopherF on December 18, 2008, 12:45:55 PM
I haven't seen the 5731-5746 in my neck of the woods yet...

Thats because they have farebox issues. Three of them did hit service for one afternoon that I mentioned a few weeks ago but since then have been parked. We have 15/16 units on property.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

rideonrulez

Well 5731, 5733, 5734, 5736 & 5737 are on the road this morning but I think it was because we needed buses to make pull out.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

79MetroExtraMD

I saw 5734 doing two inbound 15 runs this morning. That baby looked beautiful. The paint is darker and richer and it look like it just had been unwrapped. So farebox issues delayed their service debuts. So Chris, when you said 16 units on the property, are these the second order or combined from 5726 up to 5737 or so?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tritransit Area

They are darker than the other diesel Gillig Advantages? No more teal (or is it sky blue?).

I noticed the scheme changed with these new Gilligs.  Is this the modified scheme for the advertisements?  I can dig it, although I kinda miss the white around the taillights and sides near the back...was kinda like a "blur" only with lines instead of a gradient.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

rideonrulez

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 19, 2008, 09:34:27 AM
So Chris, when you said 16 units on the property, are these the second order or combined from 5726 up to 5737 or so?

The 16 number did not include the 5 (5726-5730) we already have. This is the group that is numbered 5731-5746. Next year were looking at getting a pretty BIG order though which means George can get some Gilligs upcounty  ;)
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Tritransit Area

Wow Gilligs upcounty?  Never thought I would see the day - i missed the time when the '99 Gilligs (5400s?) were up there.

I imagine if the order is big enough we are saying goodbye to...the '96 Gilligs?!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

C40LF_2464

dam those Gilligs are so kute lol

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 20, 2008, 03:42:23 PM
Wow Gilligs upcounty?  Never thought I would see the day - i missed the time when the '99 Gilligs (5400s?) were up there.

I imagine if the order is big enough we are saying goodbye to...the '96 Gilligs?!
I believe the '99 Gilligs (5410-5423) were originally Gaithersburg buses. Plus, a couple of months ago, 5400 and 5401 paid a brief visit to some Gaithersburg routes, but now they are on the training track (though they are still Gaithersburg buses).

I'm still protesting on why 5579 is on the training track when it has the new (and only) LED signs....that's such a waste.

Oh and yeah, I'm looking forward to upcounty Gilligs, will they be CNGs?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Scrabbleship

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on December 20, 2008, 05:57:46 PM
Oh and yeah, I'm looking forward to upcounty Gilligs, will they be CNGs?

Gillig doesn't do CNG (that is until the CARB probably forces them to) so unless Ride On wants to have a third party convert them to CNG I wouldn't hold my breath.

What I wonder is who the next bunch of CNG buses will come from? Would they go back to New Flyer? Give NABI a try? Try to see if another manufacturer comes in the picture? That might be more interesting if Gillig and Ride On are once again best buddies...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: rideonrulez on December 19, 2008, 11:33:14 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 19, 2008, 09:34:27 AM
So Chris, when you said 16 units on the property, are these the second order or combined from 5726 up to 5737 or so?

The 16 number did not include the 5 (5726-5730) we already have. This is the group that is numbered 5731-5746. Next year were looking at getting a pretty BIG order though which means George can get some Gilligs upcounty  ;)

Any more nat gases? It'd be funny if Ride On got 45CLFWs.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

rideonrulez

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on December 20, 2008, 05:57:46 PM
I'm still protesting on why 5579 is on the training track when it has the new (and only) LED signs....that's such a waste.

How is it a waste? It's better off there because the sign isn't even programmed.

Also to note 5718 & 5721 are up at Gaithersburg and are in service. That's because the 40 foot Gilligs have hit the street in full force today. 5731-5734, 5736-5742. That only leaves 5735, 5743-5746 to go into revenue service.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Tritransit Area

Farewell 40ft Orion Vs!  I shall miss thee...at least in the southern part of the county.

Of course, I had a chance to ride on of them on the 15, but I decided to ride a '96 Gillig on the 16 instead!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

LandoverDivision

Monday I spotted 5004 on the 4 to Kensington. I also spotted 3 different Orion Is. 2 on the 55 and another one on an unknown route. I didn't know Ride-On's C40LFs sounded just like WMATA's but a little quieter.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

LandoverDivision

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on December 01, 2008, 10:44:43 PM
Can't wait to ride them!

(hey I asked...now I demand one on the 55!  ;D )

Dude, I would kill to see one of these on the 55. I would ride it from Rockville to Lakeforest all day!!
The REAL Landover Division fan!