News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

New Ride On Gilligs

Started by rideonrulez, November 19, 2008, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: rideonrulez on November 25, 2008, 10:01:37 PM
All of the baby G's (5001-5006) are now in revenue service as of today (11/25/08).
Great...now that I just arrived in Florida...perfect timing as always, lol...
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

aznboy4305

Looks sweet, it even has different doors this time around.

Tritransit Area

Yeah, I never saw a Gillig with the squared off glass for the doors before.  Hopefully I'll be able to run into a few on my trip to the area.

Route 18, here I come!

Out of curiosity, how many of the Dorados are now left?  Additionally, are the G-town routes still using these or did they go low floor?
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 27, 2008, 02:47:42 PM
Yeah, I never saw a Gillig with the squared off glass for the doors before.  Hopefully I'll be able to run into a few on my trip to the area.

Route 18, here I come!

Out of curiosity, how many of the Dorados are now left?  Additionally, are the G-town routes still using these or did they go low floor?
The Germantown cutaway routes, like the other cutaway routes, use both the helldorados and low-floors. I usually see more helldorados but occasionally I do see low-floors, except on the 75...

Now hopefully I will be able to see some of the new 29' Gilligs around there.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tritransit Area

I kinda wish we got more 29' Gilligs.  They sure look nice...

I was intrigued to find an Hell Dorado on the Van Go...I thought those were all replaced by the low floors.

BTW, getting to the various buses in during construction (especially most Ride-On routes) sure is a workout, especially going uphill on Ramsey!  Great way to get in shape!  :)
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

rideonrulez

#20
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 27, 2008, 02:47:42 PM

Out of curiosity, how many of the Dorados are now left?  Additionally, are the G-town routes still using these or did they go low floor?

Ride On has about 30+ of the Helldorado's (unfortunately) and George is on the ball with the second question....

Quote
I was intrigued to find an Hell Dorado on the Van Go...I thought those were all replaced by the low floors.

Ride On actually still has all three of the old Van Go painted (5179-5181) buses vehicles.

(Sorry Tristan, it was a little early in the morning for me)
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

rideonrulez

5731-5734 were at Silver Spring garage. They look exactly like the 30 footers (except no girlfriend seat) but ten feet longer.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

79MetroExtraMD

Last week it was 5001-5006, now we got 5731-5734. More surprises every week :P. Chris,are there any cosmetic differences between 5731-34 compared to their cousins 5726-30?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

rideonrulez

#23
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 10:46:46 AM
Last week it was 5001-5006, now we got 5731-5734. More surprises every week :P . Chris,are there any cosmetic differences between 5731-34 compared to their cousins 5726-30?

From an earlier post.....There are a few differences from the last few (5726-5730) that came such as, they got rid of the "Christmas lights" on the rear, they put the "Rideonbus.com" instead of the long ass county website address, they have a "girlfriend seat" and they got Alcoa rims.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

79MetroExtraMD

Cool. Can't wait to see pics of them. Watch by either the end of the week or next week, they'll be in service.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

hmm...I thought I heard from someone that they were in service already. I guess it was my imagination...now that I return home tomorrow, I look forward to finding the baby Gilligs and hopefully the new 40-foot Gilligs.

Speaking of which, when are 5735-5746 coming into service?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

QuoteCan't wait to see pics of them

You asked....

Plus an extra shot of 5002..
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

NewFlyer9736BCT

Can't wait to ride them!

(hey I asked...now I demand one on the 55!  ;D )
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

Quote from: George on December 01, 2008, 10:44:43 PM

(hey I asked...now I demand one on the 55!  ;D )

LOL Maybe next year  ;)
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WES

Quote from: George on December 01, 2008, 10:44:43 PM
Can't wait to ride them!

(hey I asked...now I demand one on the 55!  ;D )

Dude what's your problem with the Flyers?   ;D
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun