News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OrionFlyer

Quote from: BladensburgB2 on November 14, 2009, 02:44:04 PM
Hello everyone, has anyone taken pics of the new 5400's????????????????

There is a video of 5440 on the Y8. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oketft6jpWc
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tritransit Area

Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

Hmm...they would probably look better without that black trim.  I still think they look good, but an LF New Flyer wasn't meant to wear a "swooshy" scheme I guess.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tritransit Area

Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 15, 2009, 12:36:51 PM
Quote from: BladensburgB2 on November 14, 2009, 02:44:04 PM
Hello everyone, has anyone taken pics of the new 5400's????????????????

There is a video of 5440 on the Y8. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oketft6jpWc

Nice video, but yuck @ the bus.  It has the same, boring, obnoxious drone that I absolutely can't stand with SEPTA's new DE40LFs.  I like the rear window (with the rear route sign mounted from the top, rather than the bottom), but meh with the rest.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tritransit Area

Not my picture; it's a WMATA photograph: http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/flu/Images/flu_sprayRail.jpg

1) They just spray "that stuff" wherever on the bus like that over all of the seats?

2) Is that a C40LF?  I don't remember those seats on ANY of them.  Are they really changing out the seats and whatnot?  Wow....if so...
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tristan

Seems like a Silverbrid or DE40LF.

But yea...looks like...they just fog that crap all over everything and flu pandemic solved, I guess...

aznboy4305

I think thats just a Silverbrid. If I recall correctly, the DE40LFs have the American Seating Metropolitan seats, but its been months since I've rode one. I want to say the C40LFRs have those seats but I'm not 100% sure. Again, its been months...

Annex4421

Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.



NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Annex4421

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
It was it was at the Southeastern from 04 to 05 thats when I started reading but numbers but wasn't a fan yet and no it doesn't have those seats anymore.



NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
It was it was at the Southeastern from 04 to 05 thats when I started reading but numbers but wasn't a fan yet and no it doesn't have those seats anymore.

hmm...that's odd, I know 4359-4375 were at Montgomery during that time, but it's odd to see one of them wandered off into SE, even if it's a demo for the seats. then again, SE had the Aesys on 2163-2165 and Annex had it on 4247, as well as the purple-white sign on 4212 but that was originally from FMR
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Annex4421

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 08:29:13 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 16, 2009, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
Yeah the C40LFRs and DE40LFRs have these seats and in late 2005 4368 (when it was a southeastern bus) had these seats as a demo.

wasn't 4368 a Montgomery bus? and does it still have those seats?
It was it was at the Southeastern from 04 to 05 thats when I started reading but numbers but wasn't a fan yet and no it doesn't have those seats anymore.

hmm...that's odd, I know 4359-4375 were at Montgomery during that time, but it's odd to see one of them wandered off into SE, even if it's a demo for the seats. then again, SE had the Aesys on 2163-2165 and Annex had it on 4247, as well as the purple-white sign on 4212 but that was originally from FMR
Aww man so thats where 4374-4376 came from when they where at the Annex in 2006 before going to Royal. and yes the purple sign on 4212 and the aesys on 2163-2165 worked well but 2166's had nerver worked. 4247 was northern I remeber seeing that on the 70 when I worked on Geogian Avenue in the summer of 2006.



NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 16, 2009, 08:37:44 PM
Aww man so thats where 4374-4376 came from when they where at the Annex in 2006 before going to Royal. and yes the purple sign on 4212 and the aesys on 2163-2165 worked well but 2166's had nerver worked. 4247 was northern I remeber seeing that on the 70 when I worked on Geogian Avenue in the summer of 2006.

Montgomery had 4374-4375, Annex had 4376 and up, I'm pretty sure this is true, unless 4374-4375 moved to Annex for a bit...

also, 4247-4257 were originally from Annex but before moving to West Ox where they are now, they were at Northern for a month or so.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

ChristopherF

And just for the record, 2164 & 2165 now have Luminator signs.

I mentioned last month in the October Observations thread to be on the lookout for the University of Maryland's Shuttle UM 35' Gillig Advantage buses (8005-9706) that have the new banner ads that read either one of the following:

* MORE TURTLE IN THE TANK
* RUN RABBIT RUN
* SHELL ON WHEELS

If you can take photos of these buses, please post them here.  I would appreciate it if you do.

Tritransit Area

Speaking of seats, where do the 4300 series suburban Orion Vs that Montgomery has (had?) run?  I remember riding a suburban Orion V twice on the K6, and wonder what route it might have come off of, since it seemed to be the same run.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

4396-4398 runs from the Annex and 4399 runs from Royal.