News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tritransit Area

#105
Quote from: DCT S9Z4Z6 on December 01, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Ahhh   Driving on the Q.T.

I had a run on Sunday Mornings, that did 3.5 R/T's on the 16, starting at Langley Park. 4-5 min layovers on each end, IF you were lucky.

Back in 89-90, there were 30 min headways on the 16, and early Sunday mornings, you wern't slowed down with the shoppers at Safeway & Kmart in Langley Park, or the grocery store at Piney & Arliss. . .  cause most the people in that neighborhoods were going to/from church.

The pic of 5749   looked to be mid block, almost to end of Q.T.  From the mid block stop, if ppl missed the bus, then could run thru the building & catch the bus at Carol & Piney Branch, before the light.

Oh the stories I could tell about the 15, 16 & 20's.  ;D

Oh boy, I miss that Kmart.  It was HUGE!

I actually used the method of running between Carroll and Q.T. to get the two shots of 5315.  Apparently there are two outside stairways that will take you up the hill.  I never thought to do that before.  Of course, the last time I actually walked those streets, rather than ride the bus on them, I was quite little.

Heh, Sunday morning I'd hop a TMC or '89 Gillig on the 16 to Silver Spring, then take a MAN or a Flx Metro on the 70 to church back in those days.

Ah the memories...too bad the area seems to be going downhill with the crime and such.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...