News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

aznboy4305

#30
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look WORSE in the new paint?
It's just you. Hell, the newer seats inside at least gives the impression its cleaner than the other ones. Just look at MTS for comparison.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

Agreed the C40LFs look brand new in the new paint all the buses should get the new paint.



WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

It is quite possible.  I'm not a fan of the new scheme, especially the red backs.  I think the blue version looks better on nearly every bus, and I'm still not a huge fan of that.

OrionFlyer

The local scheme would look a little better if the red was darker.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tristan

#35
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

Actually I think the silver front does age them quite a bit.  At first they looked like old design New Flyers, which aren't the most modern looking buses...now they look like someone's *really old* bus that they tried to make look new again by going to Maaco.

I think the new schemes would look a lot better if the arc down the side softened so that a red/white/blue band could run along the bottom and around the front of the bus - that would make the red or blue look like more than an afterthought and really help out the front end of the New Flyers.

OrionFlyer

They should have gone with that other paint scheme concept, but I guess they thought it wouldn't look right. I think it would have looked a lot better. It would have worked for both LOCAL and EXPRESS.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on November 13, 2009, 10:11:45 AM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Is it just me or do the C40LFs actually look worse in the new paint?

Actually I think the silver front does age them quite a bit.  At first they looked like old design New Flyers, which aren't the most modern looking buses...now they look like someone's *really old* bus that they tried to make look new again by going to Maaco.

I think the new schemes would look a lot better if the arc down the side softened so that a red/white/blue band could run along the bottom and around the front of the bus - that would make the red or blue look like more than an afterthought and really help out the front end of the New Flyers.
Is it just the silver or just the dark shade that does it?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "dark shade" but I'm pretty sure the silver is causing what I'm perceiving.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on November 13, 2009, 12:51:28 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "dark shade" but I'm pretty sure the silver is causing what I'm perceiving.
I meant a darker shade of silver. Would a lighter shade of silver have been any better?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

Now that's a nice paint scheme right there that silver would go well with our buses.



79MetroExtraMD

Crappy day
Worse weather
Friday the 13th
and some pics
















"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

#42
Naylor Road Station











11/12/09






BladensburgB2

Hello everyone, has anyone taken pics of the new 5400's????????????????
What kinda buses are going to pop up next  ...................

Tristan

#44
They haven't really hit service yet.  I think in October Observations there's a sneak shot of one in training.  Unless you're talking about the 60BRTs...of which there are several photos here and there.