News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tritransit Area

Ah, thanks for the update.  What routes used to run those buses out of Montgomery.  I always saw New Flyers on the J-buses.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:08:27 PM
Ah, thanks for the update.  What routes used to run those buses out of Montgomery.  I always saw New Flyers on the J-buses.

Montgomery's suburban seaters (or today's express LFA's) usually operated on the J7/J9, and I think some rush hour Z routes as well (Z11, Z29 I think, whatever other Z route (I don't know my Z's very well)).

I love how there's no photos on page 4...here's mine from Nov 6 and Nov 16 (in no order at all)









Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Is the K2 a Western or Northern route?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Annex4421




NewFlyer9736BCT

#64
the funny thing is that those 2 express LFAs were on both the K1 and K2, I really wasn't expecting that. and yes, K1 and K2 are Northern
btw the bus behind 6434 is 6428
...also, I noticed 9357 has wrap-around taillights, I forgot...was this a rarity on the Metro-Ds only or Metro-Bs as well?
and mwahahaha 666th post >=D
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

ChristopherF

9357 on the E4?  Is that bus a Western bus or a Bladensburg bus?

Tritransit Area

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 20, 2009, 08:45:43 AM
the funny thing is that those 2 express LFAs were on both the K1 and K2, I really wasn't expecting that. and yes, K1 and K2 are Northern
btw the bus behind 6434 is 6428
...also, I noticed 9357 has wrap-around taillights, I forgot...was this a rarity on the Metro-Ds only or Metro-Bs as well?
and mwahahaha 666th post >=D

Amazing that these routes (especially the K2) now use full sized buses.  I remember when the K2 was my source for Orion II rides!  The wrap-around taillights is a rarity on all Flxes currently running in WMATA service :(.  It looks great, though . I have missed the wrap around lights!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...


Annex4421

Quote from: ChristopherF on November 20, 2009, 10:36:11 AM
9357 on the E4?  Is that bus a Western bus or a Bladensburg bus?
9357 is a Bladensburg bus



WES

Question didn't someone mentioned that when the first DE62LFA came it was 5423 and if that was the case what does 5447 mean, if it was supposed to be 22 artics and if the Flyer artics was starting at 5423 that would make 5444 the last bus in the order.  Unless I remembered it wrong and it was 5433.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

WES

Nevermind answered my own question, it was 5431 that came in first which means that 5447 makes sense.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

Annex4421

#71
Some recent pics
Hmmm something's not right with 2091



This was Unexpected




Best things out here!!!








79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WMATAGMOAGH

An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?