News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

May 2009 Observations

Started by NewFlyer9736BCT, May 03, 2009, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WayneNYC

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on June 02, 2009, 12:18:57 PM
D2 uses 3900s as well.

on Saturday, 3918 came into Friendship Heights with its sign saying "D2 Glover Park-Dupont Circle", then it because the N6.

although, I don't remember ever seeing Orion IIs on the D2, I have seen 3900s on that line all the time

When all of the Orion IIs were still in service they were regulars on the D2 (and M4).

WMATAGMOAGH

Add the E6, N6, 98 to Western routes that the Orion IIs could easily be found on.

George,

I wouldn't use seeing 3918 on the D2 on a Saturday as a good measure of what is running on the D2, since the bus requirements on a Saturday are lower than that on the weekend.  Also, it is possible someone forgot to change the sign, I'd be surprised if the D2 interlined with the N6.

The reason I asked about what is on the D2 is that either the D2 has some other type of bus now or I suspect the 3900s got shifted around since I'm pretty sure Western didn't have many 3900s to begin with.


Note to a mod:  You may want to move some of this in to the June post.  I forgot we started a new month yesterday.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on June 02, 2009, 01:47:01 PM
Add the E6, N6, 98 to Western routes that the Orion IIs could easily be found on.

George,

I wouldn't use seeing 3918 on the D2 on a Saturday as a good measure of what is running on the D2, since the bus requirements on a Saturday are lower than that on the weekend.  Also, it is possible someone forgot to change the sign, I'd be surprised if the D2 interlined with the N6.

The reason I asked about what is on the D2 is that either the D2 has some other type of bus now or I suspect the 3900s got shifted around since I'm pretty sure Western didn't have many 3900s to begin with.


Note to a mod:  You may want to move some of this in to the June post.  I forgot we started a new month yesterday.

First off, the 98 was replaced by the new Circulator route that runs from Woodley Park Metro to McPherson Square.

Second, although Western didn't have much 3900s, they seem to have more today since some of Landover and Northern's 3900s have moved over there. 3908 was previously a Landover bus and 3914 was a Northern bus, and on Saturday I saw both on the N6, as well as 3918 (though I don't know if that was already a Western bus or Northern). I think Northern doesn't really need 3900s much anymore anyways because they're pretty much used only on the 60 (which doesn't run very often, plus the 64 goes the same way plus more) and the H8 uses 40-ft buses now.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on June 02, 2009, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on June 02, 2009, 01:47:01 PM
Add the E6, N6, 98 to Western routes that the Orion IIs could easily be found on.

George,

I wouldn't use seeing 3918 on the D2 on a Saturday as a good measure of what is running on the D2, since the bus requirements on a Saturday are lower than that on the weekend.  Also, it is possible someone forgot to change the sign, I'd be surprised if the D2 interlined with the N6.

The reason I asked about what is on the D2 is that either the D2 has some other type of bus now or I suspect the 3900s got shifted around since I'm pretty sure Western didn't have many 3900s to begin with.


Note to a mod:  You may want to move some of this in to the June post.  I forgot we started a new month yesterday.

First off, the 98 was replaced by the new Circulator route that runs from Woodley Park Metro to McPherson Square.

Second, although Western didn't have much 3900s, they seem to have more today since some of Landover and Northern's 3900s have moved over there. 3908 was previously a Landover bus and 3914 was a Northern bus, and on Saturday I saw both on the N6, as well as 3918 (though I don't know if that was already a Western bus or Northern). I think Northern doesn't really need 3900s much anymore anyways because they're pretty much used only on the 60 (which doesn't run very often, plus the 64 goes the same way plus more) and the H8 uses 40-ft buses now.

Makes sense and this is what I was assuming.  They shifted 3900s to Western, and I'm guessing the Orion IIs are all out of service or very close to it.

Including the 98 on the list of Western Orion II routes was instinctive.  Old habits die hard...

ChristopherF

And now, to round out the month of May:

RIDE ON:
085746 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
015587 on the 10 (Hillandale)
005821 on the 48 (Rockville)
055832 on the 48 (Wheaton)
085745 on the 20 (Silver Spring)
075763 on the 20 (Hillandale)

FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
9600 & 9604 on training; both are 40' with frameless windows
9781 on the RIBS 2
7908 on the RIBS 1
9705 on the 401 (Franconia/ Springfield Metro)
9712 on the 401 (Tysons West Park Transit Center)
9715 on the 171
9716 on the 950 (Reston Town Center via Herndon-Monroe P&R)
7777 on the 505 (West Falls Church Metro)
9730 on the 605 (Reston Town Center)
9735 on the 605 (Reston Town Center)

PRTC OMNIRIDE:
364 (West Falls Church Metro)
173 (Manassas)
315 (Gainesville/ Linton Hall Road)
323 (Manassas)

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
6107 on the NH1
IS 9310 STILL @ CET?
9345 remains @ Landover.
9351 remains @ Montgomery.
9360 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
9361 remains @ Landover.
9362 on the 80 (Fort Totten Station)
9366 remains @ Landover.
9374 on the 10A (Hunting Towers)
9376 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
9378 remains @ Landover.
9381 on the 28A (King St Sta)
9382 remains @ Landover.
9385 remains @ Landover.
9386 on the 28B (King St Sta)
9388 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
9389 on the 28B (Tysons Corner)
9390 on the 83 (Rhode Island Ave Station)
9408 remains @ Montgomery.
9409 remains @ Montgomery.
9411 remains @ Montgomery.
9412 remains @ Montgomery.
9705 on the F4 (Silver Spring Station)
9731 on the F8 (Chevery Station)
9734 on the T18 (New Carrollton Station)
9748 on the T18 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
9759 remains @ Northern.
9765 remains @ Montgomery.
9766 remains @ Montgomery.
9768 remains @ Montgomery.
9772 remains @ Montgomery.
9777 remains @ Northern.
9781 remains @ Northern.
9782 remains @ Northern.
9821 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4061 on the R5 (Calverton)
4322 remains @ Montgomery.
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
2103 on the 70 (Archives), bus is back @ Northern
2173 on the 32 (Southern Avenue Station)
2618 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
3010 on the R4 (Highview)
2671 on the 9S (Crystal City)
2669-2673: 9S-branded buses
6014 on the F4 (Silver Spring Station), bus is back @ Landover
6024 on the K6 (Ft Totten), bus is back @ Montgomery
6001-6014: LANDOVER
6015-6039: MONTGOMERY
6103 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
6105 on the Y8 (Montgomery Gen Hospital)
6173 on the F2 (Takoma Station)
6197 on the C8 (College Park Station)
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2394 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2342 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
2505, 2511, 2518 & 2522 are no longer wrapped in "Go Green On Metro"
6386 on the 42 (Mt Pleasant via Adams Morgan)
2423 on the 86 (Calverton), freshly rehabbed in the silver/red Local scheme
2390 on the 86 (Calverton & then to Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2321 on the R2 (Calverton)

Tristan

Quote from: ChristopherF on June 03, 2009, 12:08:50 PM
And now, to round out the month of May:
FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
9600 & 9604 on training; both are 40' with frameless windows


What's a 9600? Pardon my ignorance.

ChristopherF

9600 & 9604 are fleet numbers for the Fairfax Connector's newest buses - the 2009 New Flyer D40LFR models.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: ChristopherF on June 12, 2009, 11:17:12 AM
9600 & 9604 are fleet numbers for the Fairfax Connector's newest buses - the 2009 New Flyer D40LFR models.

I thought they were gonna be 9800s
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station