News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

May 2009 Observations

Started by NewFlyer9736BCT, May 03, 2009, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Well I came back home today from Florida...took the B30 to Greenbelt then the yellow line to PG Plaza then the C4 to Wheaton then the Q2 to Rockville then 54 home. So yeah...nothing much today...except that while on the C4 at Four Corners...there's a typo on "THE OAKS AT 4 CORNERS"...instead of OAKS, it says AOKS.
Oh, and also, isn't the T2 served by Nicholson on weekends? I saw 5402 on the T2 at Rockville today.

so yeah...happy May everyone, keep those sightings coming!
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

#1
6440 on the S9 this morning (Somebody must have programmed in the alternate limited-stop PR that the 79s have because it showed the animated MetroExtra logo)
6320 42 @ Mt. Pleasant. I got pics of this and rode it as far as 18th Street (This bus was packed leaving Mt. Pleasant).
5403 doing route training at College Park Station.

Forgot to add
6217 W13 @ McPherson Square
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

ChristopherF

#2
RIDE ON:
995804 on the 48 (Rockville)
995806 on the 59 (Montgomery Village)
005808 on the 55 (Germantown Trans Ctr)
005809 on the 46 (Montgomery College Rockville)
995810 on the 54 (Lakeforest)
995812 on the 56 (Lakeforest)
005815 on the 48 (Wheaton)
005818 on the 55 (Rockville)
965997 on the 48 (Rockville)
055940 on the 59 (Rockville)
045932 on the 54 (Rockville)
055941 on the 56 (Rockville)
965555 on the 46 (Medical Center)
085746 on the 26 (Glenmont)
085744 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
025594 on the 10 (Hillandale)
085745 on the 20 (Silver Spring)
995411 on the 20 (Hillandale)
085735 on the 34 (Friendship Heights)
085729 on the 34 (Wheaton)

FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
9764 on the 401 (Franconia/ Springfield Metro)
9768 on the 401 (Tysons West Park Transit Center)
7878 on the 171
7819 on the 950 (Reston Town Center via Herndon-Monroe P&R)
7825 on the 505 (West Falls Church Metro)
7827 on the 950 (West Falls Church Metro via Herndon-Monroe P&R)
7844 on the 505 (West Falls Church Metro)

METROBUS:
From which garage does 6110 operate out of?
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4350 remains @ Western.
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
9768 remains @ Montgomery.
9804 on the C8 (White Flint Station) & then on the C4 (PG Plaza Station)
9806 on the C8 (College Park Station) & then on the J4 (Bethesda Station)
9808 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center)
9809 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
9820 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center)
9821 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
9829 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
4074 on the Q2 (Shady Grove Station)
4076 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
4084 on the Y9 (Montgomery Gen Hospital)
4089 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
4099 on the K6 (White Oak)
4322 remains @ Montgomery.
4328 on the K6 (White Oak)
2109 on the C8 (White Flint Station) with malfunctioning destination signs
2110 on the Z6 (Burtonsville)
2111 remains @ Northern.
2502, 2503 & 2512 are no longer wrapped in "Go Green On Metro"
2640 on the 16G (Pentagon City Station)
2667 on the 16G (Columbia Heights West)
2713 on the 23A (Crystal City)
2718 on the 16A; bus still has the NGV wrap
6015 on the K6 (White Oak); bus was previously on loan by Northern for its use on the new S9 until it returned to Montgomery late last week
6104 on the C9
6195 on the K6 (White Oak)
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2430 on the 86 (Calverton) & then on the R2 (Ft Totten)
2394 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2362 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
2822 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2820 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
2380 on the R3 (PG Plaza Station)
2618 on the 86 (Calverton)
2339 on the 86 (Calverton & then to Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2343 on the R2 (Calverton)

NOTES:
So far, 2501, 2502, 2503, 2506, 2508, 2512, 2513, 2514, 2520 & 2637 are no longer wrapped in "Go Green On Metro."  If either of you folks see any more "rainforest" theme buses that are unwrapped (2501-2523, 2636 & 2637 were wrapped in green), please let us know.

WMATAGMOAGH

Didn't you see 6110 last week???

ChristopherF

I was shocked when I saw 6104 on the C9 last Friday.

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: ChristopherF on May 04, 2009, 11:27:26 AM
I was shocked when I saw 6104 on the C9 last Friday.

Is that supposed to be an answer to my question, because it is totally unrelated.

You saw 6110 on the A2 several times in the past few weeks.  Why is it necessary to keep asking what garage it is at? 

OrionFlyer

#6
Is it safe to assume that all the 6300s and 6400's that were seen recently at CET are in service now?

Also, it looks as though Montgomery and Annex did a little trade with buses. Montgomery has 6104 and Annex as 6217. I wonder what thats all about.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

ChristopherF

I was just asking, because I was wondering if 6110 could wind up going to Montgomery or another garage soon, after seeing 6104 on the C9 last Friday.

WMATAGMOAGH

Anything is possible with WMATA Roulette.  But seriously, why do you ask about 9310 and 6110 all the time?  Eventually someone will see those buses and you'll figure out where they are.  No need to ask every day.

Antozilla

Yes why is 9310 so special????

79MetroExtraMD

I think he just likes any bus with 10. 6110 9310
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

#11
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on May 04, 2009, 04:06:36 PM
I think he just likes any bus with 10. 6110 9310

and 9610. He also used to ask about 4020 all the time but he stopped for some reason.

BTW if Montgomery is giving Annex some suburbans, they should give Montgomery some of their 4400s back.

Also, Ken, is 6440 in the Express scheme? And does anyone know if Northern will be getting some Local scheme buses?

BTW mods...don't forget to sticky this and the photos thread!
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

Yep, 6440 is in the Express scheme. Only the express schemed DE42s have the Luminator Spectrum multi-color signs.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WayneNYC

Quote from: ChristopherF on May 04, 2009, 11:27:26 AM
I was shocked when I saw 6104 on the C9 last Friday.

Now it makes sense to me.  This past Saturday, I was driving N/B on Georgia Ave in Silver Spring when I saw 6103 on the Q2.  I thought maybe I had simply mistaken it for 6183 or 6193, and then I saw 6193 in Rockville a few minutes later.

BladensburgB2

Hello All

6386 63-W656
2805 79-B711
5312 71-N741
2808 79-B785
5303 70-N702
2807 79-B788
5311 71-N710
5219 70-N704
2815 79-B775
2346 V7-BV18
2389 V8-BV22
2705 5A-FD14
2106 54-N500
4399 P19-RP71 (i did not know royal comes all tha way up in dc just to do this line why not four mile)
2139 54-N538
2177 32-W341
2146 90-N915
5305 70-N708

What kinda buses are going to pop up next  ...................