News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

May 2009 Observations

Started by NewFlyer9736BCT, May 03, 2009, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

79MetroExtraMD

Probably since when it was renumbered from the M5. I have seen a couple New Flyers on the 34.

I also spotted 6440 on the S1 this morning
4018 S2 @ 16th/Irving
2816 79 @ Silver Spring
6386 @ Fort Totten
and another Local on the D3 this morning
and another Local on the 52 this morning.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

An unidentified Orion VII on the M4. What is going on with Western Division? Or does Bladensburg do this route too.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

ChristopherF

#107
RIDE ON:
995804 on the 48 (Rockville)
995811 on the 55 (Germantown Trans Ctr)
005821 on the 55 (Rockville)
055831 on the 48 (Wheaton)
995412 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
995411 on the 10 (Hillandale)

FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
9759 on the 401 (Franconia/ Springfield Metro)
9766 on the 401 (Tysons West Park Transit Center)
7884 on the 171
9726 on the 621
9734 on the 605 (Reston Town Center)
7775 on the 505 (West Falls Church Metro)

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
6107 on the NH1
4349 on the 28A (Tysons Corner) with an R block
9340, 9342, 9343, 9344, 9381, 9388 & 9389 were all @ Pentagon Station
9345 remains @ Landover.
9408 remains @ Montgomery.
9731 on the F6 (Silver Spring Station)
9759 remains @ Northern.
9765 remains @ Montgomery.
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
9769 remains @ Montgomery.
9781 remains @ Northern.
9804 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
9822 on the J4 (College Park Station)
4060 on the R2 (Calverton)
4066 on the J2 (Silver Spring Station)
4073 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4101 on the Z6 (Burtonsville)
4215 on the 1A & is no longer wrapped in the IKEA ad
4322 remains @ Montgomery.
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4335 on the 28B (King Street Station) with an R block
4347 on the 28B (Tysons Corner) with an R block

4378 on the 1B
2120 on the S2 & is no longer wrapped in the Astepro ad
2511 on the 3B & is no longer wrapped in Go Green On Metro
6024 on the K6 (White Oak), bus is back @ Montgomery
2394 on the R2 (Calverton & then to Ft Totten)
2411 on the R2 (Calverton)

79MetroExtraMD

6385 36 W302 @ Friendship Heights
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WMATAGMOAGH

6389 laying over on the 31 in Potomac Park.  Was on my bike and didn't have my camera.  Also saw a new bus in the express scheme laying over on 12th Street or somewhere around there.  Again, I was on my bike on Pennsylvania Avenue and had no way of seeing what bus it may have been.  But I do think this is why it is stupid to paint the buses this way: no express routes are in operation today.

OrionFlyer

Since Western's only Limited Stop route, or "Express" as WMATA puts it, is the 37, they'll probably use them on that route mostly eventually. At least until Western gets more Express routes.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: OrionFlyer on May 31, 2009, 08:12:36 PM
Since Western's only Limited Stop route, or "Express" as WMATA puts it, is the 37, they'll probably use them on that route mostly eventually. At least until Western gets more Express routes.

Western also does the 39...not sure if it's still split with Bladensburg though.

Also do know that the only express route that Northern has is the S9, and Northern has express buses 6424-6443, that's more than they need IMO but it's probably a temporary home until the rest of the new buses settle in, also because they can use those buses for service on regular routes for now, which is why it won't be uncommon to see an express bus on routes such as the N6 or E2 or 42, etc...
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

You all are doing a great job of further proving my point.  Running branded buses all the time on routes where they don't belong is a good way to bring about confusion, as if people don't already complain about Metro not being simple enough to understand.  Considering WMATA's past inability to keep the few branded buses that it has where they belong, why should we expect anything different now?

I'm pretty sure Western doesn't do any 39 runs, that is quite the deadhead if they do.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on June 01, 2009, 12:21:36 AMI'm pretty sure Western doesn't do any 39 runs, that is quite the deadhead if they do.

I know this isn't the photo thread, but just to prove you wrong...



and I have a picture of 6445 on the 39 but I took the pic when the sign said "LIMITED-STOP" so I have no proof for that, but you get the point.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Thanks for the photo. Make that 39 too.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WayneNYC



NOTE FROM MOD:

Guys - I deleted a few posts that contained more back-and-forth type of bickering than relevant information.  I have to ask that we all stay on-topic and to be mindful that different people will have different opinions/likes/dislikes etc.

WMATAGMOAGH

4337 was at Friendship Heights, finishing up either a 32 or 36 within the hour.  Based solely on exterior appearances, that bus has seen better days.

WMATAGMOAGH

Sorry if any of these are repeats:

2455 repainted, on the D6
4055 (I think, could have been 4059) got in what I would describe as a fender-bender on MacArthur Boulevard at Dana Place in the Palisades.  Had a Bladensburg block and a paper sign indicating it was a D5.  Did not help to ease the congestion caused by the Chain Bridge congestion in any way. 

Lots of bus bunching and I saw a larger than usual crowd waiting for the D6 as a result of all the congestion in that part of town tonight.  I hope it gets better or else it will be a long 8 months for the people who use the roads that feed into the Chain Bridge.

WMATAGMOAGH

3920 on the N8 about 45 minutes ago.  Also, I've been seeing 3900 Series Orions on the E6.  Haven't seen any Orion IIs at all.  Any ideas as to what is running on the D2?

Also, the N8 destination sign is now "GLOVER PARK-VAN NESS."  I'm not a huge fan of listing both destinations on a sign, even on a "loop" line like that one, but I'm sure they could do worse.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on June 02, 2009, 11:36:22 AM
3920 on the N8 about 45 minutes ago.  Also, I've been seeing 3900 Series Orions on the E6.  Haven't seen any Orion IIs at all.  Any ideas as to what is running on the D2?

Also, the N8 destination sign is now "GLOVER PARK-VAN NESS."  I'm not a huge fan of listing both destinations on a sign, even on a "loop" line like that one, but I'm sure they could do worse.

D2 uses 3900s as well.

on Saturday, 3918 came into Friendship Heights with its sign saying "D2 Glover Park-Dupont Circle", then it because the N6.

although, I don't remember ever seeing Orion IIs on the D2, I have seen 3900s on that line all the time

...also, if anyone finds 3921, let me know, that's the border bus since we know 3920 is at Western and 3922 is at Annex (I have seen 3922 on the 34 a month or 2 ago, so I hereby confirm 3922 to be Annex).
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station