News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

NABI 60-BRT Debut

Started by LandoverDivision, October 27, 2008, 01:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OrionFlyer

My experience with the S line has always been a 40ft. I seen more 40fts on this line then artics.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 30, 2008, 06:17:10 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 30, 2008, 03:50:41 AM
The X2 has service too support it's heavy loas. Now, these buses need to go on lines that they are really suitable for. Like the T18, F4/6, Q2 maybe?, A12, 32/36 (i've seen 60 ft density on these routes), the P12 (but I wouldn't count on it since they go through Forest Hills Apartments) C2, C4 maybe?, or the some the A's (A2, A6, A7, A8 just during rush hour).

If Landover needed tics, Metro would have ordered them for Landover. Montgomery is already going to get tics next year. Annex cannot hold tics because of the restricted space at the garage (even the 6100s can't navigate thru the garage perfectly). Also, you have to realize, just because a run is crowded at just one time of the day doesn't mean it's crowded the rest of the day. If you assign a tic to a block where its a standing load for just that one trip and its used for the rest of its run period, you pretty much wasted the use of a good tic which could be used elsewhere.

Most of it's crowding is from New Carrollton Station to P.G Plaza and P.G Plaza to New Carrollton, but it stays crowed all the way at times. Everyday and every time of the day, it stays crowded from New Carrollton to P.G Plaza .
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: NGOrion on October 30, 2008, 01:13:23 PM
My experience with the S line has always been a 40ft. I seen more 40fts on this line then artics.

Did you look at the timetables?  The Georgia Avenue line carries more people than the 16th Street Line, but the 16th Street line has more arrivals and departures into and out of Silver Spring each day than any other line to serve the station.  Why?  Because the 70 runs articulated buses, whereas the Ss do not. 

OrionFlyer

Oh yeah I looked at it. But I just looked at the times it leaves silver spring. More 70,71 trips
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tristan

Regarding destination signs,

The last programming session really made a mess of things:

3T FALLS / 3T CHURCH STA (actually I think all routes into West Falls Church say this)
10B PENDLETON / 10B COLUMBUS (no ampersand)
3A ROSSLYN STATION - one line but justified at the top instead of the center - looks really silly.

I've also seen cute little problems on the old Vultrons like "2C TYSONS CORNER / 2C TYSONS / 2C CORNER"

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: NGOrion on October 30, 2008, 05:31:03 PM
Oh yeah I looked at it. But I just looked at the times it leaves silver spring. More 70,71 trips

The 70/71 has a 10 minute headway during the peaks.  The S2/S4 are running every 2-5 minutes apart during the peaks, and that isn't even accounting for S1s.  The 70/71 has artics, the S2/S4 does not.  See my point?

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on October 30, 2008, 09:03:24 PM
Regarding destination signs,

The last programming session really made a mess of things:

3T FALLS / 3T CHURCH STA (actually I think all routes into West Falls Church say this)
10B PENDLETON / 10B COLUMBUS (no ampersand)
3A ROSSLYN STATION - one line but justified at the top instead of the center - looks really silly.

I've also seen cute little problems on the old Vultrons like "2C TYSONS CORNER / 2C TYSONS / 2C CORNER"


They still didn't fix the FALLS CHURCH STA thing? I think WMATA wants to do something to have everything on one sign but just have the wrong signs to do them. Herein where Aesys and Luminator TITANs can do the job. Also, is FRIENDSHIPHEIGHTS still blinky blinky?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

It's just shoddy programming, I guarantee you, because...well they've got *some* stuff on one sign stacked neatly and looking good (U8 MINNESOTA AVENUE STATION) and others just jacked up...and everything that was blinky blinky was formerly two screens, and they moved everything to one screen but I think they didn't delete the other "page" ... so the sign's doing what it was told to do, show page 1 and then page 2, but page 2 is blank sans the route number.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on October 31, 2008, 10:49:27 AM
It's just shoddy programming, I guarantee you, because...well they've got *some* stuff on one sign stacked neatly and looking good (U8 MINNESOTA AVENUE STATION) and others just jacked up...and everything that was blinky blinky was formerly two screens, and they moved everything to one screen but I think they didn't delete the other "page" ... so the sign's doing what it was told to do, show page 1 and then page 2, but page 2 is blank sans the route number.

Still sacrificing clarity for simplicity.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: Tristan on October 31, 2008, 10:49:27 AM
It's just shoddy programming, I guarantee you, because...well they've got *some* stuff on one sign stacked neatly and looking good (U8 MINNESOTA AVENUE STATION) and others just jacked up...and everything that was blinky blinky was formerly two screens, and they moved everything to one screen but I think they didn't delete the other "page" ... so the sign's doing what it was told to do, show page 1 and then page 2, but page 2 is blank sans the route number.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like the T17 for instance. It says T17 Greenbelt Station on one screen, then when it flips it says T17. I don't get it sometimes.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

The same thing with every bus that displays Rhode Island Avenue Station.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WES

Quote from: NGOrion on October 30, 2008, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 30, 2008, 09:58:13 AM
Now, let's see if Bladensburg is going to do the T18 in the near future...

Well Bladensburg used to do the 84 so T18 may be in the future.

That will never happen due to the fact that Landover is under a different union then Bladensburg and all hell would break loose if WMATA switched the T18 from one union garage to a different union garage.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

Scrabbleship

Quote from: WES on October 31, 2008, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 30, 2008, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 30, 2008, 09:58:13 AM
Now, let's see if Bladensburg is going to do the T18 in the near future...

Well Bladensburg used to do the 84 so T18 may be in the future.

That will never happen due to the fact that Landover is under a different union then Bladensburg and all hell would break loose if WMATA switched the T18 from one union garage to a different union garage.

How sure can you be of that? Why WMATA just doesn't switch Landover over from Teamsters to ATU, heck how Landover ended up with Teamsters in the first place, is one of the mysteries of the world. WMATA should have never let it happen...

Perry

This was probably done way before it was WMATA. Most likely when all of the privates were merged into the conglomeration.  You can't just switch a union.  WMATA can't force that, there would be huge trouble if that were to happen.