News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

New DASH Facility

Started by Tristan, October 31, 2009, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 04:50:41 PM
Cool? I dunno.  Someone in Admin today breathed the word "Opus".

Well it would be one of the few models that aren't in operation in SmarTrip territory so it'd be something different.

Tristan

That doesn't make it good LOL

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 04:50:41 PM
Cool? I dunno.  Someone in Admin today breathed the word "Opus".
Have they seen our Opuses yet? I haven't ridden them in quite a while.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

Nor have I but they were falling apart early on.

Alright: Per the GM, our Grand Opening will be held on Saturday, November 21 at 8:00 AM.  There will be a ribbon cutting, time capsule, etc, then a luncheon until 1 PM.

Important: If you want to come by for the event, you will have to RSVP here with me first, by Wednesday 11/18.  There's probably a soft limit on the number of people who can show up.  Also, there will be members of the Alexandria City Council, the ATC Board of Directors, State officials, and other transit officials present -- so you'll probably want to wear a collared shirt w/no less than khakis.  Nothing over the top, but baggy jeans are out.

Just putting it out there now so you don't RSVP if you can't handle it :-)

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 07:59:00 PM
That doesn't make it good LOL

I'm probably the only person on this board who has ridden an Opus down a country road without a dividing line. I think the streets of Alexandria would be a little more forgiving. :)

Tristan

How about a back street in Lynchburg, VA on some sort of embankment with no guardrail, a steep drop on both sides, and about 3" of space on either edge of the roadway...no dividing line because, well...

Oh and there were scrape marks where buses had bottomed out.

Quite an adventure :-)

Tritransit Area

Wow!  That seems like a fun ride!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tritransit Area

Quote from: Tristan on November 04, 2009, 12:51:59 PM
Nor have I but they were falling apart early on.

Alright: Per the GM, our Grand Opening will be held on Saturday, November 21 at 8:00 AM.  There will be a ribbon cutting, time capsule, etc, then a luncheon until 1 PM.

Important: If you want to come by for the event, you will have to RSVP here with me first, by Wednesday 11/18.  There's probably a soft limit on the number of people who can show up.  Also, there will be members of the Alexandria City Council, the ATC Board of Directors, State officials, and other transit officials present -- so you'll probably want to wear a collared shirt w/no less than khakis.  Nothing over the top, but baggy jeans are out.

Just putting it out there now so you don't RSVP if you can't handle it :-)

Aw, man!  No baggy jeans?!  However, hmm...t'would be great to meet the people that make it all happen!  I'll see if I can make it down, but it's not an official RSVP yet!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Scrabbleship

Will sweaters work? Not that I have a lack of collared shirts and dressy pants...

Also, how would we get to the new facility from Metro if we've RSVP'd?

Tritransit Area

My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Scrabbleship

I don't have pictures, but I can say that DASH drivers are very lucky to have a nice facility. What other agencies have foosball tables and pool tables in the break room, a "quiet room", and other stuff? The actual garage also looks nice and their next Roadeo will have an interesting course through it.
Thanks Tristan!

Perry

They did that with our new Sunset Maintenance Facility.  It's nice, quiet room, separate room for pool plus a large screen tv.  It's good to take care of those that work their butts off all day.

rideonrulez

Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 21, 2009, 02:19:49 PM
I don't have pictures, but I can say that DASH drivers are very lucky to have a nice facility. What other agencies have foosball tables and pool tables in the break room, a "quiet room", and other stuff? The actual garage also looks nice and their next Roadeo will have an interesting course through it.
Thanks Tristan!

I guess you don't visit bus garages at many properties  ;) Ride On has pool tables and other amenities at all 3 garages.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WayneNYC

Quote from: rideonrulez on November 21, 2009, 11:41:06 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 21, 2009, 02:19:49 PM
I don't have pictures, but I can say that DASH drivers are very lucky to have a nice facility. What other agencies have foosball tables and pool tables in the break room, a "quiet room", and other stuff? The actual garage also looks nice and their next Roadeo will have an interesting course through it.
Thanks Tristan!

I guess you don't visit bus garages at many properties  ;) Ride On has pool tables and other amenities at all 3 garages.

Agreed.  I remember seeing pool tables, vending machines, TVs, card tables and comfy chairs/couches and such at a few NYCTA depots. 

Scrabbleship

I need to go to more bus depots more often then! :)

How much tricked out can a garage get? Makes me want to become a GM to not use my housing allotment to give the agency's drivers, say, massage chairs or saunas in exchange :-p