DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: C40LF_2464 on February 04, 2010, 08:47:01 PM

Title: February 2010 Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 04, 2010, 08:47:01 PM
1st batch from yesterday!
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/005-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/008.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/009.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/021.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/012-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/013-1.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photo's!
Post by: Nabinut on February 04, 2010, 10:46:20 PM
I hope they are being stored and not on their way to the scrap line
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on February 05, 2010, 08:46:07 AM
I hope that Orion VI that's there isn't being retired
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 05, 2010, 03:07:38 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on February 05, 2010, 08:46:07 AM
I hope that Orion VI that's there isn't being retired
It looks like it was in a accident just needs some body work like 6040.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 05, 2010, 04:12:06 PM
2nd batch!
1st pic is one of my favorite's I took today and is now my icon! And this might be the last time i upload them this big.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/007-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/010-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/011.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/012-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/013-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/014.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/015.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/023-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/025-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/032.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/035-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/037.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/038-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/040.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/041.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/043-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/047.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/048.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/049.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/052.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/053.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/058.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/061.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on February 05, 2010, 09:47:03 PM
Here are my photos from today:

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300889.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300890.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300894-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300895.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300896.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300898-1.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7300904-1.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on February 07, 2010, 10:56:53 PM
Gosh I haven't seen a 30ft TL960 in years...nor have I seen the 40 foot version.  Are those 40 footers still around?  I kinda liked them - they were much less of a school bus than the HDXs.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on February 07, 2010, 11:46:37 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 07, 2010, 10:56:53 PM
Gosh I haven't seen a 30ft TL960 in years...nor have I seen the 40 foot version.  Are those 40 footers still around?  I kinda liked them - they were much less of a school bus than the HDXs.

yup 63036-63038 I think.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Antozilla on February 09, 2010, 08:39:44 AM
We need a new title for this next month because it causes confusion in the in box with the observation thread.  May I suggest March Photos.  Short sweet and to the point
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on February 11, 2010, 01:57:49 PM
I like it!  Hey, what's going on with the photo gallery?  A lot of these pictures are just oh so nice!
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 15, 2010, 04:40:19 PM
3rd batch, DC and VA
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/010-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/019.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/020.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/021-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/025-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/026-1.jpg)

Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on February 15, 2010, 10:00:18 PM
Is there any rhyme or reason to the FFX 30 Foot Orion VII assignment?  Also, are the 30 foot Orion Vs still running?
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 16, 2010, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 15, 2010, 10:00:18 PM
Is there any rhyme or reason to the FFX 30 Foot Orion VII assignment?  Also, are the 30 foot Orion Vs still running?

the 30-ft Orion Vs are still around. they're not found as easily anymore since the debut of the Orion VIIs but they are still around.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Transport on February 16, 2010, 08:52:05 PM
FFX Connector still has all of their 30' Orion Vs.  They are easily found on Huntington garage routes.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 17, 2010, 10:15:28 AM
Quote from: Transport on February 16, 2010, 08:52:05 PM
FFX Connector still has all of their 30' Orion Vs.  They are easily found on Huntington garage routes.

Huntington? heh...they used to all be at Herndon I think (maybe some at West Ox)

does anyone know if north county still has them?
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 19, 2010, 06:38:05 PM
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/006-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/007-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/008-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/010-3.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/012-4.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/020-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/021-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/022-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/025-3.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/033.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Flxible on February 20, 2010, 01:02:54 PM
Am I the only one that thinks WMATA is trying to hack DASH's colors with the REX wrap?
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 21, 2010, 06:38:32 PM
6217!
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN1201_0001.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN1201_0002.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/DSCN1203_0001.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on February 22, 2010, 02:12:55 PM
6217 needs more black trim...around the windshield and door!

What's the story with 5377 and those three cars?  It looks like the SUV did a bad traffic maneuver?
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Annex4421 on February 22, 2010, 07:00:08 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 22, 2010, 02:12:55 PM
6217 needs more black trim...around the windshield and door!

What's the story with 5377 and those three cars?  It looks like the SUV did a bad traffic maneuver?
5377 was getting towed.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Tristan on February 23, 2010, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.

Isn't the 402 now just the southbound 401?
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: Transport on February 23, 2010, 10:49:20 PM
Quote from: Tristan on February 23, 2010, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.

Isn't the 402 now just the southbound 401?

Yes, the 402 is the SB 401.  Not sure if most still refer to it as "the 401."  There used to be an old 402 and 403 but it appears their route numbers were changes to 462 and 463.  See the 462-3 schedule and there is a note on top of the cover. 

A breakdown of FFX Conn routes by garage is actually on their website http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/schedulesmaps.htm .  The 605 is out of north county in Herndon.  Love the RTS on their web site.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on February 24, 2010, 07:46:10 AM
Quote from: Tristan on February 23, 2010, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.

Isn't the 402 now just the southbound 401?
I still have no idea why they made the SB part of the 401 renumbered. It makes no sense. It only causes confusion to folks who know it as the 401.
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 25, 2010, 06:20:14 PM
Yesterday and today.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/002.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/010-4.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/011-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/016-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/018-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/034.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/035-2.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/041-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/042-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/047-1.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/052-1.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Observation photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on February 28, 2010, 09:47:02 PM
Friday, Feb 26.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/004-2.jpg)
Title: Re: February 2010 Photos
Post by: Tristan on March 11, 2010, 09:51:44 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 24, 2010, 07:46:10 AM
I still have no idea why they made the SB part of the 401 renumbered. It makes no sense. It only causes confusion to folks who know it as the 401.

Resurrection: I think they did this to make it fall in line with most of the other South County routes with their loop numbering (a la 231/232).  But, I could be dead wrong, I mean there's still a 171, 301, and 304-307.
Title: Re: February 2010 Photos
Post by: Scrabbleship on March 11, 2010, 09:59:58 AM
I've wondered if the newer "Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood" signs are being held up by the original "Rhode Island Ave" signs. Those pics got me wondering once more.

Also, I wonder how much seating loss there is from running the D40LFR suburbans with the door-facing luggage rack vs running the Orion V suburbans.
Title: Re: February 2010 Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on March 11, 2010, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on March 11, 2010, 09:59:58 AM
I've wondered if the newer "Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood" signs are being held up by the original "Rhode Island Ave" signs. Those pics got me wondering once more.

Also, I wonder how much seating loss there is from running the D40LFR suburbans with the door-facing luggage rack vs running the Orion V suburbans.

Well for the Airport D40lfrs there are only 3 seats lost.
Title: Re: February 2010 Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on March 12, 2010, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 11, 2010, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on March 11, 2010, 09:59:58 AM
I've wondered if the newer "Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood" signs are being held up by the original "Rhode Island Ave" signs. Those pics got me wondering once more.

Also, I wonder how much seating loss there is from running the D40LFR suburbans with the door-facing luggage rack vs running the Orion V suburbans.

Well for the Airport D40lfrs there are only 3 seats lost.

with the 6200s, I don't think they added the luggage racks like the Orion Vs had because they have the overhead rack like the 2700s have. assuming this is what you guys are talking about...
Title: Re: February 2010 Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on March 16, 2010, 09:59:55 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on March 12, 2010, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 11, 2010, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on March 11, 2010, 09:59:58 AM
I've wondered if the newer "Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood" signs are being held up by the original "Rhode Island Ave" signs. Those pics got me wondering once more.

Also, I wonder how much seating loss there is from running the D40LFR suburbans with the door-facing luggage rack vs running the Orion V suburbans.

Well for the Airport D40lfrs there are only 3 seats lost.

with the 6200s, I don't think they added the luggage racks like the Orion Vs had because they have the overhead rack like the 2700s have. assuming this is what you guys are talking about...

Yeah they did. The three seats that were across from the rear door are luggage racks now, just on 6212, 6216, and 6217.