News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

February 2010 Photos

Started by C40LF_2464, February 04, 2010, 08:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tritransit Area

What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station


Flxible

Am I the only one that thinks WMATA is trying to hack DASH's colors with the REX wrap?
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.


Tritransit Area

6217 needs more black trim...around the windshield and door!

What's the story with 5377 and those three cars?  It looks like the SUV did a bad traffic maneuver?
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 22, 2010, 02:12:55 PM
6217 needs more black trim...around the windshield and door!

What's the story with 5377 and those three cars?  It looks like the SUV did a bad traffic maneuver?
5377 was getting towed.



Tristan

Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.

Isn't the 402 now just the southbound 401?

Transport

Quote from: Tristan on February 23, 2010, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.

Isn't the 402 now just the southbound 401?

Yes, the 402 is the SB 401.  Not sure if most still refer to it as "the 401."  There used to be an old 402 and 403 but it appears their route numbers were changes to 462 and 463.  See the 462-3 schedule and there is a note on top of the cover. 

A breakdown of FFX Conn routes by garage is actually on their website http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/schedulesmaps.htm .  The 605 is out of north county in Herndon.  Love the RTS on their web site.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on February 23, 2010, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on February 19, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 17, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
What routes run out of Huntington?  Does the 109 run out of there?  I'm also interested in checking out the Orion VII NGs.
Everything from 101-402.

I thought 402 was a north county route. anyways, yeah everything from 101-401 is south county (Huntington), and maybe 402 but not sure. everything above 402 is north county (West Ox and Herndon)...not sure what division runs what though.
that leads me to my next question though...what division runs the 605? that route goes nearby both north county divisions.

Isn't the 402 now just the southbound 401?
I still have no idea why they made the SB part of the 401 renumbered. It makes no sense. It only causes confusion to folks who know it as the 401.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

C40LF_2464


C40LF_2464


Tristan

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 24, 2010, 07:46:10 AM
I still have no idea why they made the SB part of the 401 renumbered. It makes no sense. It only causes confusion to folks who know it as the 401.

Resurrection: I think they did this to make it fall in line with most of the other South County routes with their loop numbering (a la 231/232).  But, I could be dead wrong, I mean there's still a 171, 301, and 304-307.

Scrabbleship

I've wondered if the newer "Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood" signs are being held up by the original "Rhode Island Ave" signs. Those pics got me wondering once more.

Also, I wonder how much seating loss there is from running the D40LFR suburbans with the door-facing luggage rack vs running the Orion V suburbans.