News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

April 2009 Observation Photos

Started by LandoverDivision, April 01, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Photos coming soon. I'll see if I can spot FFXs Orion VII NGs and the LFAs on the S9. And maybe a few from CET again. Spring Break is all out busfan week!! If anyone wants to go busfanning, hit meh up!
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

#1
Here are some pictures for you. 6425 on the S9 "16th & Eastern" and 2817 in the Express scheme on the 79









Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

#2
Tight pics. The blue for the express seems like a shade darker than the blue for Metro Extra.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WMAveteran

Excellent shots, thank you very much.  If I wasn't going out of town I would join you for a bus fan excursion.

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

I'm heading to Silver Spring today. Hopefully, I can spot these babies. I hate when I'm there and I don't see the buses in the new paint job.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Remember to go to Colesville & East West Hwy.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

C40LF_2464

Man those are some hella nice pics. I should go there and check on these babies out.

Tritransit Area

Those buses look nice.  I wish they kept the "Metro Extra" branding though for the S9.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

OrionFlyer

#9
I don't think 2801 -2814 are going to be in that Metro Extra scheme for long. I mean WMATA added buses to the 79 (the C40lfrs painted in express scheme). I still think 2801-2814 are going to be repainted in the Express scheme eventually.

Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?

83 doing rush hour. Maybe some Limited-Stop 30s.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tristan

Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
I don't think 2801 -2814 are going to be in that Metro Extra scheme for long. I mean WMATA added buses to the 79 (the C40lfrs painted in express scheme). I still think 2801-2814 are going to be repainted in the Express scheme eventually.

Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?

I agree, and it wouldn't be a huge loss or anything -- not like it was a great name to begin with.

LandoverDivision

I didn't think the name was bad at all. It really didn't matter anyways. So are they going to rename the 79 MetroExpress?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

LandoverDivision

#13
My photos from yesterday (4/2/09). Here's the story behind the 2815 pics: I was standing near the 79 bus stop and looked over to my left and saw a C40LFR pull in. I couldn't see it well for a second since the S4 was in the way, so I backed up and noticed the C40LFR had silver in the front instead of blue. So I decided to wait until it pulls off to get a pic. It pulled off pretty fast that's why the first (which is actually the second photo of 2815) pic is blurry a bit. The second picture was taken after I was lucky enough to run up the street to see 2815 at a red light. My picture still didn't come out well. And man is that LFA AWESOME!!












The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Nice pics. I gotta wait for a good sunny day for the colors to pop. I got a pic that I had to get because of the way the sign came up. Try to guess what the sign could have said.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06