News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

PHOTOS: CET From Friday the 13th

Started by LandoverDivision, March 15, 2009, 03:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Here are the photos everyone has been waiting for. Notice the changed exaust pipes.





The REAL Landover Division fan!

C40LF_2464

#1
WOW!!! :o those are some impressive pics and man that express scheme is killing. more sexyer then the local!!!

OrionFlyer

#2
Awesome man. Whats up with all those Orion IIs?

Does anybody notice a difference between 6301 and those other BRT local painted buses?


And I hope Landover gets some of the Express buses for the B30. That would be great!
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 15, 2009, 04:29:08 PM
Awesome man. Whats up with all those Orion IIs?

Does anybody notice a difference between 6301 and those other BRT local painted buses?


And I hope Landover gets some of the Express buses for the B30. That would be great!

I think I know what you're talking about, and the 3 other BRTs are the same. 6320 is the only one not painted all the way at the top.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Nice pics. Gives me a better perspective than what I get on the NEC. The baby Circs look cute. I wonder how many they'll need for the "98" when the service is transferred over by the end of the month. The Express paint is kickass, a curvier Metro Extra scheme. Also, I wonder if Metro would have thought about getting the Van Hools for the low key M4 and N8 routes since even a 37 footer is too big for those routes.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WMATAGMOAGH

If a 37 footer is "too big" for the M4, why does that route operate 40 foot buses?

OrionFlyer

Are the Orion II's going to get the local scheme?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 15, 2009, 05:27:33 PM
Are the Orion II's going to get the local scheme?

I'm not 100% sure but I think they retired them. I don't know though. They've been sitting at CET for a very long time.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

I'm still getting the impression that the Metro Extra buses are going to be repainted to Express theme. WMATA keeps on calling that route "Express", instead of limited stop. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WayneNYC

They look good, but I still say this "Local" and "Express" branding is a bad move for WMATA.  Just the other day I saw 4329 on the J9 and Montgomery's 4396-4399 & 6207-6217 regularly show up on local routes.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 15, 2009, 05:42:23 PM
I'm still getting the impression that the Metro Extra buses are going to be repainted to Express theme. WMATA keeps on calling that route "Express", instead of limited stop. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I don't think they'll repaint them since that line is branded as Metro Extra. They are technically already in the Express scheme.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 06:06:53 PM
They look good, but I still say this "Local" and "Express" branding is a bad move for WMATA.  Just the other day I saw 4329 on the J9 and Montgomery's 4396-4399 & 6207-6217 regularly show up on local routes.

Just like Landover's 4390-4395 showing up on other routes ALL the time. And Four Mile Run's 2701-2730 showing up on a lot of other routes as well. I don't think the Local and Express brands are really that big of a deal.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

rideonrulez

"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Tritransit Area

Nice pics.  Those new buses look nice, in both the local and express scheme.  If anything, people will be able to tell from a distance whether or not they will be getting buses with nice, high-backed seats.

So...what's the story with 9355?  It has quite a significant scratch on it...
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 06:06:53 PM
They look good, but I still say this "Local" and "Express" branding is a bad move for WMATA.  Just the other day I saw 4329 on the J9 and Montgomery's 4396-4399 & 6207-6217 regularly show up on local routes.

I still say it wouldn't matter because of interlining, plus alot of people either misread or can't read the sign at all in the first place. Plus, it makes for some interesting sightings.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06