News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2008 Sightings

Started by Tristan, November 02, 2008, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

79MetroExtraMD

I should've ridden this one, but it came on my kinda suddenly plus I was eating my breakfast nearly choked when I saw it :D. Also, do these have the radios already installed?

It's nice that Ride On puts new buses out to service within a short period of delivery. Wasn't it just last week when the babys were delivered?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

rideonrulez

Well tonight (11/24/08) I rode baby G 5003 & 5004. They do have the stop announcement system sign but not the system or radio as of yet. 5005 also made it to service this afternoon. That leaves 5006 still MIA.

Also to note, saw 5731 at the Silver Spring garage this afternoon but didn't get any pics (sorry in a rush) which means the brand new 40 footers (5731-5746) are starting to come in.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

NewFlyer9736BCT

I knew some would end up on the 45! How often will the 45 see them? Fallsgrove is the nearest Nicholson terminal near my home, and it would be more convenient for me.

Also, are there any differences between 5726-5730 and the new 5700s?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

Chris, do they have the same powertrain as their cousins?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WayneNYC

Looks like Ride On's 5545 which went to Gaithersburg recently has managed to find it's way back to Silver Spring.  I saw it on the 17 this afternoon.

9313 on the R2. 

rideonrulez

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2008, 10:19:15 PM
Chris, do they have the same powertrain as their cousins?

Most likely they do because there as quiet as 5726-5730. I never popped the hood to find out.

QuoteAlso, are there any differences between 5726-5730 and the new 5700s?

Like I stated earlier, I did'nt even get to look at it because I was in a rush. I'll try and find out when I get time one of these days.

Wayne, I saw 5545 on the 22 to Hillandale this morning (11/25/08) when I was in White Oak.

Also saw 9387 on the K6 to Fort Rotten....
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

ChristopherF

#141
RIDE ON:
085002 on the VanGo
965396 on the 15 (Langley Park)

METROBUS:
9412 remains @ Montgomery.
9771 remains @ Montgomery.
4349 on the 42 (Metro Center)
4396 remains @ Montgomery.
2096 on the C2, remains unrehabbed
2825 on the 79 (Archives)
(NOTE: 2825 is a regular Metrobus.)
2396 on the R2 (Calverton & then to Ft Totten)
2320 on the R2 (Calverton)

Tristan

#142
I don't care what Ride On bus drivers say.  Just post the number correctly or don't post it at all.

Stop thinking about yourselves and your convenience and whatever you're thinking about when you take such shortcuts and instead think about what would happen if someone who isn't "in the know" reads some of the information posted on this site.  Would they understand what "FMR" is and why some Ride On buses sometimes have 3-digit numbers, why others have 4-digit numbers, and why still others have 6-digit numbers?

That's why I take such a hard line on this issue.  The purpose of this site is to preserve information about transit - that means CORRECT information that ANYONE can comprehend years into the future.

It works for Ride On because it involves Ride On drivers conveying information to Ride On dispatchers and Ride On coordinators.  If you bring it here, now there's who knows how many people from how many places who know NOTHING about Ride On are perusing this information.  That's why The Grapevine was created - so you can share things you heard that might be of interest but are not sure about the actual factual value of those things.  It's all to make sure that the information that WE are putting out there is correct, or as close to correct as we can get.

So please go with me on this.  Four-digit numbers.  Years are not required - they aren't a part of the bus number.  Fives are required.  They ARE a part of the bus number. 

No "N4" (unless it's a route number!) or "JGB" or whatever without explaining what it is.  No obscure references to things no one has heard of except you and 3 other people.  It doesn't take that much more energy to "spell it out", but it saves a lot of energy from having to clarify and demystify when someone gets confused.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Perry

The '5" designation is given to Transit.  But also it's easy to keep it that way when you have less than 1,000 buses at at ime.

ChristopherF

#144
RIDE ON:
015591 on the 10 (Hillandale)

METROBUS:
9331 on the 28T with an A block
9398 on the 28B with an R block
9377 on the 28B with an R block
4311 on the K6 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad

PRTC OMNIRIDE:
182 on the Gainesville-Linton Hall Road route & is now wrapped in the Dale City Fire ad
145 on the Gainesville-Linton Hall Road route

OrionFlyer

#145
I took a bus trip to dc today. I've seen some unusual sightings today, like the the B30 with non B30 buses.

These are all my sightings. Every bus I've seen today. I managed to get all of theses thanks to the Notepad feature in my phone.   The sightings with an asterisk are the buses I was on.

Orion V's

4395 on the B30*,
4290, 2155 on the 92
2151, 4288 on the 90
4210 on the P6
4266 on the 96
4344 on the 32
2112 on the 54
4315 on the K6
2173 on the 36 (W302) ( To Bradon: Northern doesn't do the 32,36 line. If you see some 2100's on these lines, they are Western's)
3911 on the L99 (Employee Shuttle)
4291 on the S4
4319 on the Q2


Orion VI's

2032 on the T16
2019 on the B30 (I was shocked when I saw this)
2001 on the 89M
2028 on the 89
2002 on the R12
2015 on the A12
2031*, 2030 on the F14 
2088 on the Q2
2070 on the C8

Orion VII's

2633 Not in Service but with a BM10 Block. What route was this on?
2636*, 2584, 2582 on the N22

2615 was on the N22 as well but I thought 2615 was at Bladensburg
2635 on the R3
2629 on the D6
3001 on the U4
3021 on the D8
3002 on the D4


Neoplans/NABI's

5412, 5407, 5405,5416, on the U8
5305, 5304, 5217, 5217, 5319, 5307, 5303, and 5305 on the 70
5321 on the 71
5226 on the X2
5205*, 5207 on the Y9


Flxibles

9711*, 9742. and 9709 on the R12
4031 on the M5
9749 on the S2 (Is this normal?)
9802 on the Z11
9805 on the C4
9816 on the J4
9725 on the T17

New Flyer

6198 on the C2 parked in front of Greenbelt Center
6142 on the F13
6174 on the F6
2304, 2369 on the U5
2315 on the U6
2305 on the X2
2440*, 2425, 2322, and  2390 on the V7
2319 on the U2
2360, 2312 on the P2
2442 on the D8
2462 on the D6*
2360, 2357 on the P6
2452 on the 79 ( I got a picture to prove it)
2801*, 2803, 2807, 2810, 2808 on the 79
6197 on the J2
6177 on the F6
6191 on the Q2
6022 on the Y9
6199, 6038*, 6187, 6016, 6188, 6023, and  6194 on the C2
61XX on the R12
6034, 6024, 6182, and 6189 on the C4
6040 on the B30 (LB01)  (I was on this bus and I have a picture to prove it. This is the bus I rode back to BWI Airport)

Well that's it. All my observations today.

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

2452 on the 79. There must be a 2800 that is in the shop or something because there has been one block where there was a regular bus on it all week

As for 2019 and 6040 on the B30, I don't blame them for putting them on that route. I was pretty much banking on Metro putting in extras on that route to accomodate the crowds going to the airport. I'd like to see the pics.

I was at Greenbelt around 5 today and saw 4395 packed to the brim. I was on 4393 last night on LG11 heading to the airport and traffic was heavy into the airport. I guess people wanted to take the cheap way to the airport. Maybe we might see an increase in headways on this line in the future.

Did anybody ride the 5A or go around Rosslyn?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

#147
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 26, 2008, 09:34:21 PM


As for 2019 and 6040 on the B30, I don't blame them for putting them on that route. I was pretty much banking on Metro putting in extras on that route to accomodate the crowds going to the airport. I'd like to see the pics.

Yup. At Greenbelt one of the Meto police officers told said that extra B30's would be put because of the Holiday. And, as fait would have it 6040 comes on in. Unfortunately when we got to the Airport the driver had already but the sign to "NOT IN SERVICE". But it was still reading "EXPRESS" as well, so I just snapped a pic of that and I got 2452 on the 79

Also "B772" wouldn't haven't to be that block you're talking about would it? Also does Northern have any Flxibles?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WayneNYC

Non-B30 buses on that route does happen here and there..  Back when Landover had 9831-9835, I saw one of those heading up the parkway.  I've also seen hybrids a few times on the B30.  Also - you can occasionally see the dedicated B30 buses doing other Landover routes

Tristan

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 26, 2008, 09:34:21 PM
2452 on the 79. There must be a 2800 that is in the shop or something because there has been one block where there was a regular bus on it all week

As for 2019 and 6040 on the B30, I don't blame them for putting them on that route. I was pretty much banking on Metro putting in extras on that route to accomodate the crowds going to the airport. I'd like to see the pics.

I was at Greenbelt around 5 today and saw 4395 packed to the brim. I was on 4393 last night on LG11 heading to the airport and traffic was heavy into the airport. I guess people wanted to take the cheap way to the airport. Maybe we might see an increase in headways on this line in the future.

Did anybody ride the 5A or go around Rosslyn?

I can confirm that - went past Bladensburg today and saw one sitting there, and it was about 5:00 PM so it shoulda been out if it was going to go out.