News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Xcelsior Demenstrator

Started by LandoverDivision, August 19, 2010, 08:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

The pic is in my cell but unfortunately, I can't send it to my computer. Anyways, there is an Xcelsior sitting at CET not sure if it's still there or not. Maybe WMATA is getting Xcelsiors soon? IDK but maybe it'll be at the Roadeo next month. I hope.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Man I hope WMATA considers buying these. That would be awesome.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tritransit Area

*gasp*  That would be quite nifty!  They should get these instead of LFAs.  At least the Xcelsiors have functional benefits over the LFAs...they aren't just there to look pretty.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tritransit Area on August 19, 2010, 10:33:39 AM
*gasp*  That would be quite nifty!  They should get these instead of LFAs.  At least the Xcelsiors have functional benefits over the LFAs...they aren't just there to look pretty.
Yeah. I've seen the specs of them and they boast pretty neat features. So far, CT Transit is ordering them and they are the only US agency AFAIK that has placed orders for them. Given if NFI can offer a good price, I'm sure we could be seeing these.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tritransit Area

Quite frankly, I wonder if WMATA, as a part of the 500 hybrid order(s?) can change from the LFAs to the Excelsiors.  SEPTA went from DE40LFs and DE40LFRs in our 400-480 bus order.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tritransit Area on August 19, 2010, 02:43:14 PM
Quite frankly, I wonder if WMATA, as a part of the 500 hybrid order(s?) can change from the LFAs to the Excelsiors.  SEPTA went from DE40LFs and DE40LFRs in our 400-480 bus order.
I think it's possible given if the costs are still reasonable.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

My friend told me theres 2 of them MTA Maryland has one and is considering 785 of them I wonder if WMATA is gonna go back to diesels and CNGs after these hybrids a CNG Xcelsior would look so beautiful



79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on August 19, 2010, 06:43:14 PM
My friend told me theres 2 of them MTA Maryland has one and is considering 785 of them I wonder if WMATA is gonna go back to diesels and CNGs after these hybrids a CNG Xcelsior would look so beautiful
Really doubt they'll go back to diesels. Brampton and CT ordered the XDE40s. I know for sure all future orders from now on for MTA are going to be hybrid.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06