Ride On 5529: Still In Service, Or A Thing Of The Past?

Started by Flxible, August 16, 2010, 01:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flxible

Does anyone know the present whereabouts of Ride On's last(?) Orion I, and if more than the one survive either in or out of service?  Last time I saw it was this past Spring, when it was working the 22 line.  Any info on this would be appreciated.

BTW, I have only three of my Orion I models left at the moment, and they're going fast, so order yours while you still can!
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

RideOn5905

Yes, it's still in service. Didn't you see ChristopherF's latest post in the August Observations thread?

Scrabbleship

I saw it leaving Nicholson last Thursday at around 1:30 PM. It sees mainly rush hour service with its middays often training new drivers.

NewFlyer9736BCT

I haven't seen it within the past month, but it's probably still out there. and yes I do believe it is the last Orion I in service. what would be awesome is if they pull a Fairfax Connector and repaint the Orion I with the new scheme. that likely won't happen though.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

George, are you suggesting that 5529 is the last Orion I in service anywhere?  I can pretty much assure you that is not the case, I have yet to hear anything about the entire Orion I fleet at TCAT being retired, and I think there are a small handful of other systems that might still be operating a few.

SchuminWeb

I'm pretty sure he was referring only to whether other Orion I's still exist in Ride-On's fleet - not worldwide.

Ride On 51 to Norbeck Park and Ride

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: SchuminWeb on August 17, 2010, 02:15:33 PM
I'm pretty sure he was referring only to whether other Orion I's still exist in Ride-On's fleet - not worldwide.

Yeah I was referring to Ride On, not worldwide.

there's also still a couple of Orion Is at the training facility, and a couple of Gillig Phantoms as well ('95 5300s from what my friend told me). Not sure if 5578 and 5579 are still there, but I'm assuming they are.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station