News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

NABI 60-BRTs to go on the 5A

Started by LandoverDivision, September 14, 2008, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Yep the 60-BRTs WILL go on the 5A. They will wait untill the Benning Road project is complete to put them on the X2 as told by a WMATA Supervisor.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

BladensburgB2

Good Afternoon to all

well if the BRT's are going on the 5A which comes from Four Mile Run are the BRT's going to Four Mile or the 5A going to Bladensburg Div????????????????????????????????????????
What kinda buses are going to pop up next  ...................

LandoverDivision

Quote from: BladensburgB2 on September 14, 2008, 04:10:24 PM
Good Afternoon to all

well if the BRT's are going on the 5A which comes from Four Mile Run are the BRT's going to Four Mile or the 5A going to Bladensburg Div????????????????????????????????????????

That's the same exact thing I wondered. If they do end up at FMR, then we could be seing the 60 fts (possibly) on other routes.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Scrabbleship

Quote from: landoverdivision on September 14, 2008, 03:30:55 PM
Yep the 60-BRTs WILL go on the 5A. They will wait untill the Benning Road project is complete to put them on the X2 as told by a WMATA Supervisor.

All 22 of them? What about putting some on the other Bladensburg routes or giving Bladensburg some blocks from other depots? I mean, it'd be odd to have a bus dressed up as "Local" doing a limited/express route.

I remember hearing something about Bladensburg splitting the 70 and possibly the 50's/S's with Northern because of the Benning Road project (that of course might never end). Was this ever true?

Tristan

5A only needs a few buses, and I'm pretty sure if FMR was assigned 4-5 tics, they'd stay on the 5...I mean it runs "most of the time" so they wouldn't have a chance to put them on other routes unless they actually intended to and took one from the 5.

I floated the possibility of reblocking the 5A and assigning it to Bladensburg.  All the runs start out of L'Enfant, I'm pretty sure (no deadheading to Dulles), which would pretty much be like Landover running the B30 -- that is, it starts not _too_ far from the garage.  If need be, they could even trade off for a route like the 66 or some of those Federal Triangle shorts.  The deadhead from FMR to downtown isn't too bad for something like that.

OrionFlyer

Quote from: BladensburgB2 on September 14, 2008, 04:10:24 PM
Good Afternoon to all

well if the BRT's are going on the 5A which comes from Four Mile Run are the BRT's going to Four Mile or the 5A going to Bladensburg Div????????????????????????????????????????


They all going to the Bladensburg division. Bladensburg will do the 5A. The only new buses that are going to Virginia are the new New Flyer BRT Hybrids. They are going to West Ox.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

BladensburgB2

Hello to all

NG were did u get that info from
What kinda buses are going to pop up next  ...................

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tristan

No mention of the 5A in this document.

OrionFlyer

Quote from: Tristan on September 16, 2008, 10:51:47 AM
No mention of the 5A in this document.

Oh, I thought he was talking about where the buses were going. If some of  the BRT NABI's are going to do the 5A, then, according to the document, there going to be out of Bladensburg since thats where all of them are going.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tristan

I think the most likely outcome is that Bladensburg will just take the 5A...it was originally a DC route anyway.  It's no problem to deadhead a bus to L'Enfant Plaza.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: Tristan on September 16, 2008, 10:51:47 AM
No mention of the 5A in this document.

It might not be there, but from what I was told by a WMATA supervisor, they will put it on the 5A.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

wmata employee

the information is not true they have not decided what line the fleet will go on but they will have a part of the X2 line. Bladensburg will not do any Virgina line work at all!!.Look for the up comming weeks were they will be tested on the DC routes only .

LandoverDivision

Quote from: wmata employee on September 16, 2008, 05:18:47 PM
the information is not true they have not decided what line the fleet will go on but they will have a part of the X2 line. Bladensburg will not do any Virgina line work at all!!.Look for the up comming weeks were they will be tested on the DC routes only .

Ok. From what I saw in the document also, some of these buses are going to Montgomery Division. Now, I'm just telling information someone, or something else told me.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

wmata employee

were are talikng about the 22 fleet  will be stored in BLADENSBURG ONLY! in the next cumming months new artics will be going to MONTGONERY, NORTHERN GARAGES ONLY RESPECTIVLEY ,but rite now they will be only 22 buses now at BLADENSBURG.