50 "Green" buses for Logan International Airport

Started by WMAveteran, July 19, 2010, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMAveteran

 Thirty-two (32) diesel-electric hybird artics and eighteen (18) 42 foot CNGs will be purchased for use at Logan International Airport (Boston MA) to replace 94 diesel rental car buses and 26 older CNGs.  Read details at www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/07/green_buses_are.html.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: WMAveteran on July 19, 2010, 04:16:55 PM
Thirty-two (32) diesel-electric hybird artics and eighteen (18) 42 foot CNGs will be purchased for use at Logan International Airport (Boston MA) to replace 94 diesel rental car buses and 26 older CNGs.  Read details at www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/07/green_buses_are.html.

42' CNG's...this order screams either LFA/LFR or NABI BRT. Either way, those Neoplans are starting to be a bit long in the tooth (they're mid 90's vintage) and save for the Avis/Budget Gilligs everything else is a cruel joke posing as a bus.

Tritransit Area

My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...


79MetroExtraMD

I figured they'd go with NABI. I haven't really heard of anyone getting CNG LFAs yet although I wouldn't put it past New Flyer given if someone puts in specs for them (maybe Phoenix).
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06