News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Photos & Videos: Northern Virginia

Started by Nabinut, January 01, 2010, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabinut

Spending a frosty and cold New Years' eve in Northern Virginia (Barely touched DC) Here are some content from three area carriers:

Fairfax Connector:

Orion V "Baby" 7908 at Franconia-Springfield Metro:

FXC New Flyer D40LFR 9707 posed at the crossover between the station and parking garage"

The ice storm couldn't stop 7887 from it duties as it's seen a short distance from Huntington Metro:

Orion VII NG 9779 prepares to enter Huntington after an nearly hour long run:

RTS 7853 loads up a slew of passengers (waiting in line) at West Falls Church Metro:

9601 leads a line of Fairfax & Metrobus equipment:


Alexandria DASH:

Gillig Phantom 56 of 1999 Vintage lays over at Van Dorn Metro:

Orion V 70 in Downtown Alexandria:

Gillig Phantom 44 (The oldest bus in DASH) in Old Town Alexandria:


Arlington Transit:

NABI CNG 40LFW #5273 at Ballston Metro on Route 42:

"Mobilty" van 5223 on Route 53:

5254 at East Falls Church Metro:


CUE (City University Energysaver):

CUE Gillig Phantom 823 at Vienna Metro:

New Gillig BRT Low Floor 831:



WMATA Metrobus:

Metrobus CNG Orion VII Semi-Suburban 2721 wrapped for clean air departs Huntington Metro:

Orion V 4353 at King Street Metro in Alexandria:

New Flyer DE37LFA #3751 at West Falls Church:


Videos:

Video of the day's events:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUf8pfZyuk
Fairfax Connector Orion VII NG #9792:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoJTta1wDQQ
Fairfax Connector New Flyer D40LFR #9612:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWzK7nu2Ys
Alexandria DASH Gillig Phantom #56:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIR7lLg_hsM
Arlington Transit CNG NABI #5254:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEhLt1Ifd6o
Metrobus Orion VII CNG #2603:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3pgiOFJSa8

NewFlyer9736BCT

nice shots!

about 7908 on the 331, I never seen a 7900 Orion V south county before, I guess north county gave them some
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Nabinut

There was a bunch of them there yesterday morning. That was the only one in the "Lifesaver" scheme

Transport

And the FFX RTSs are back in service on West Falls Church routes... they must have moved the RTSs from West Ox to Herndon.


Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on January 01, 2010, 07:45:22 PM
nice shots!

about 7908 on the 331, I never seen a 7900 Orion V south county before, I guess north county gave them some

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Transport on January 01, 2010, 11:29:22 PM
And the FFX RTSs are back in service on West Falls Church routes... they must have moved the RTSs from West Ox to Herndon.


Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on January 01, 2010, 07:45:22 PM
nice shots!

about 7908 on the 331, I never seen a 7900 Orion V south county before, I guess north county gave them some

I thought there was only 1 north county division, and that the buses in Herndon moved to West Ox once it was complete.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Transport

Nope- 3 divisions.  These are their addresses http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/jobs.htm


Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on January 02, 2010, 07:55:25 PM
Quote from: Transport on January 01, 2010, 11:29:22 PM
And the FFX RTSs are back in service on West Falls Church routes... they must have moved the RTSs from West Ox to Herndon.


Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on January 01, 2010, 07:45:22 PM
nice shots!

about 7908 on the 331, I never seen a 7900 Orion V south county before, I guess north county gave them some

I thought there was only 1 north county division, and that the buses in Herndon moved to West Ox once it was complete.

Tristan

Minor correction, 44 isn't the oldest DASH bus - we still have 3 1996 Gillig Phantoms (40, 41, and 43) that mainly see service on the midday Lunch Loop or our two school runs.

Nabinut

Thanks for the correction. When I saw the Lunch loop shuttle (Cool idea BTW) It was a later model Orion V

Tristan

It's a 2-bus operation.  One of them probably was a Phantom, but...you probably just picked a bad day.

Tritransit Area

Hmm...I've forgotten that those buses are no longer wrapped for "Old Town"
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...