BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model

Started by LandoverDivision, November 26, 2009, 12:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

I know this isn't good proof but it's something. Also if you look at the New Flyer website under the buses tab, you'll see that the LF models aren't there anymore. And someone also has a video dedicated to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Flyer
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Annex4421

Aww man, But hey they still make the LFRs and it looks like a C40LFA could be making it debut



NewFlyer9736BCT

wait...no more LFs but they still have LFRs? I thought the LFRs in that case would automatically replace the LFs.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

aznboy4305


Annex4421




Tritransit Area

Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 26, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
I kinda thought this was news like....last year.
If so? why does CTA have 2009 D40LFs?

Because they purchased them as part of a multi-year contract.  Ditto with SEPTA.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

aznboy4305

Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 26, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
]If so? why does CTA have 2009 D40LFs?

Because they had a contract that started before the LF got discontinued, and they will CONTINUE to get LFs for a few more years after it is discontinued, if I'm not mistaken.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
I kinda thought this was news like....last year.

If you'd did some research,you'd probably known they were still making the LFs earlier this year. This discontinuation started recently.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tristan

The "news" from last year that azn speaks of is that the LF's days were numbered.  The day they released the LFR, they said that would be their standard design and that they were going to pretty much be only fulfilling existing orders and options with LFs.  I think they ended up doing it longer than they had anticipated - so it's no surprise to many.  Still, now we know almost exactly when it happened and who got the last units, so +1 for pointing it out.

Tritransit Area

How many new LF orders came out since the announcement was made?  I guess New Flyer's "oops" was when they accepted the SEPTA and CTA multi-year contracts for LF buses.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tristan

Those were large enough orders, I guess, that NF thought it would be okay to squeeze them in.  And I have no doubt that if NJT came to them and wanted 2500 D40LFs, they'd start casting the old caps all over again.