News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Silver Spring Station....update please!

Started by Tritransit Area, November 19, 2009, 12:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tritransit Area

Did they start building the structure?  When will it be done?

I miss the old terminus, but understand this change had to be done and may benefit everyone!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

DCT S9Z4Z6

I miss the old terminal that was once where the Silver Spring armory was.

Bounded by Pershing Dr, Fenton Street, and Wayne Ave.


I would have LOVED to have seen the OTHER Silver Spring Terminal (marked by DC Transit) as GA & ALASKA (actual location was Eastern Ave about 100yds west of Georgia & Eastern).
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 12:13:09 PM
Did they start building the structure?  When will it be done?
Not even close. Still doing the groundwork.

*looks at broken watch* half past a click of whenever.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tritransit Area

Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
To be honest, its been over 3 years.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 19, 2009, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
To be honest, its been over 3 years.

...seriously? it seems like last year they started...
it's gotta be 2 years at the most since I remember seeing the 2800s and 61-6200s in the old station and they've been around since 2007.

anyways, Ken is right, they are still doing the ground work, and honestly that doesn't even seem to be done yet.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

The did the preliminary work in preparation for the construction just about 3 years ago, which basically was the start of the project.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Scrabbleship

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 20, 2009, 08:58:08 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 19, 2009, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM
Are you serious?!  it has been over a year now!  Well, I guess if you want it done right...
To be honest, its been over 3 years.

...seriously? it seems like last year they started...
it's gotta be 2 years at the most since I remember seeing the 2800s and 61-6200s in the old station and they've been around since 2007.

anyways, Ken is right, they are still doing the ground work, and honestly that doesn't even seem to be done yet.

The old bus terminal closed September 28, 2008. I would think Ken's "over 3 years" dates from when they originally were supposed to get started before the typical MoCo delays bogged it down.

I think that at this point the greater speculation would be if "Penguin Rush Hour" would be vandalized by angry Caps fans when/if it is ever reinstalled. ;)

Tristan

This is going much better than Anacostia Light Rail, which had a sham groundbreaking either the week before or the week after NY Ave Station opened -- and NY Ave just celebrated its five-year anniversary.

End off topic commentary :-)