DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Nabinut on May 26, 2009, 04:55:03 PM

Title: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: Nabinut on May 26, 2009, 04:55:03 PM
Here's some photos i took as well:

WMATA Metrobus:
C40LFR:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3786.jpg)
Orion VI:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3789.jpg)
New Flyer in the "Local" scheme:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3791.jpg)
A pair of Orion Vs at Sliver Spring:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3795.jpg)
Orion VII CNG:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3805.jpg)
Nabi/Ikarus:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3811.jpg)
"Baby" Orion V:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3814.jpg)
D40LFR:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3816.jpg)

Montgomery County Ride-On:
Orion V CNG:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3798.jpg)
5409...the infamous "25th Anniversary" bus...from the year 2000:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3801.jpg)
Extra:
Double Decker:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3787.jpg)
Van Hool:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Nabinut3548/WMATA/RTA3788.jpg)
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 26, 2009, 05:34:54 PM
Sweet pics man. You shoulda told me you were in DC last weekend. I got quite a bunch of interesting sightings on my end. Two DE42LFAs and the Germany bus all at FH.
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on May 26, 2009, 06:38:40 PM
Where were 3939 and 6119 taken?

Excellent photos man, especially the one of 2822, that one was really nice

EDIT - looking back through them, they were all really nice
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: LandoverDivision on May 26, 2009, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 26, 2009, 06:38:40 PM
Where were 3939 and 6119 taken?

Excellent photos man, especially the one of 2822, that one was really nice

EDIT - looking back through them, they were all really nice

Anacostia if I'm not mistaken.
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: ChristopherF on May 28, 2009, 11:38:58 AM
5409 still has that -paint scheme that can be changed at any time-.  And they won't repaint!
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: Nabinut on May 28, 2009, 03:09:56 PM
I thought about that. All Ride-On has to do is change the 2 to a 3 and 2000 to 2010. That's all to it  ;D
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on May 28, 2009, 03:56:14 PM
Quote from: Nabinut on May 28, 2009, 03:09:56 PM
I thought about that. All Ride-On has to do is change the 2 to a 3 and 2000 to 2010. That's all to it  ;D

Not exactly.  A 35th anniversary is called the coral anniversary or jade anniversary. 
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: WES on May 28, 2009, 04:58:00 PM
If that is supposed to be silver, on 5409, it don't look silver to me, more like purpleish or blueish, so I don't think changing numbers would matter.

Plus RIDE ON rarely changes anything unless they really have to.  When RIDE ON changed its paint scheme, only the '84 Orion Is, and TMC rehabs were painted as such and I can't remember if all of the '84 Orion Is
If the new paint scheme is not that different from the current on I highly doubt they'll paint the rest of their buses into the new paint scheme.

BTW Nice pics.
Title: Re: Photos: Not all were Videos
Post by: Tritransit Area on May 29, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
I don't believe all of the '84 Orion Is were repainted in the new scheme.

I'm really curious to see what the new scheme turns out to be.

By the way, the pictures are great!