DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => Beyond the Beltway => Topic started by: LandoverDivision on November 26, 2009, 12:55:35 PM

Title: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 26, 2009, 12:55:35 PM
I know this isn't good proof but it's something. Also if you look at the New Flyer website under the buses tab, you'll see that the LF models aren't there anymore. And someone also has a video dedicated to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Flyer
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: Annex4421 on November 26, 2009, 12:57:55 PM
Aww man, But hey they still make the LFRs and it looks like a C40LFA could be making it debut
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on November 26, 2009, 01:01:02 PM
wait...no more LFs but they still have LFRs? I thought the LFRs in that case would automatically replace the LFs.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
I kinda thought this was news like....last year.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: Annex4421 on November 26, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
I kinda thought this was news like....last year.
If so? why does CTA have 2009 D40LFs?
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: Tritransit Area on November 26, 2009, 09:40:11 PM
Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 26, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
I kinda thought this was news like....last year.
If so? why does CTA have 2009 D40LFs?

Because they purchased them as part of a multi-year contract.  Ditto with SEPTA.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 10:01:59 PM
Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 26, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
]If so? why does CTA have 2009 D40LFs?

Because they had a contract that started before the LF got discontinued, and they will CONTINUE to get LFs for a few more years after it is discontinued, if I'm not mistaken.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: LandoverDivision on November 26, 2009, 11:31:28 PM
Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 26, 2009, 04:00:31 PM
I kinda thought this was news like....last year.

If you'd did some research,you'd probably known they were still making the LFs earlier this year. This discontinuation started recently.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: Tristan on November 27, 2009, 10:14:02 AM
The "news" from last year that azn speaks of is that the LF's days were numbered.  The day they released the LFR, they said that would be their standard design and that they were going to pretty much be only fulfilling existing orders and options with LFs.  I think they ended up doing it longer than they had anticipated - so it's no surprise to many.  Still, now we know almost exactly when it happened and who got the last units, so +1 for pointing it out.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 02:12:53 AM
How many new LF orders came out since the announcement was made?  I guess New Flyer's "oops" was when they accepted the SEPTA and CTA multi-year contracts for LF buses.
Title: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Flyer discontinues the LF model
Post by: Tristan on December 01, 2009, 11:20:54 AM
Those were large enough orders, I guess, that NF thought it would be okay to squeeze them in.  And I have no doubt that if NJT came to them and wanted 2500 D40LFs, they'd start casting the old caps all over again.