News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Routes by Garage

Started by 79MetroExtraMD, July 20, 2008, 12:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: landoverdivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.

Montgomery can't really do any of Landover's routes. I wanna take a stab and say because of the two different unions.  The A12 has been an Annex route and 6120 is a Landover bus. 9766 is as well.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

6101-6139 (Annex), 6140-6178 (Landover), 6179-6217 (Montgomery). 9701-9749 (I believe) is Landover. 9766 is either Western, or Nothern. And 4101 is Montgomery. I also seen 9809 on the A12.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 12:57:42 AM
6101-6139 (Annex), 6140-6178 (Landover), 6179-6217 (Montgomery). 9701-9749 (I believe) is Landover. 9766 is either Western, or Nothern. And 4101 is Montgomery. I also seen 9809 on the A12.

I misread 6120 as another number. :P
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 01:32:08 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 12:57:42 AM
6101-6139 (Annex), 6140-6178 (Landover), 6179-6217 (Montgomery). 9701-9749 (I believe) is Landover. 9766 is either Western, or Nothern. And 4101 is Montgomery. I also seen 9809 on the A12.

I misread 6120 as another number. :P

Wow LOL. Man, I would love for Landover to get some Flxible Metro-Es and some artics. We need more buses here.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: landoverdivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.
Are you serious?
I didn't think Landover get any help from other divisions.
btw 9768 is a Montgomery bus
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

Quote from: George on August 23, 2008, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.
Are you serious?
I didn't think Landover get any help from other divisions.
btw 9768 is a Montgomery bus

Oh. Well, I saw Montgomery's and Annex's buses do Landover Routes. Man, Montgomey has the same buses we have, plus more.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

#21
Annex does the T18?

And also does Landover do the 86 line?  One day I saw a D40lfr on the 86 line. And no I did not mistake it for a C40lfr. The D40lfrs have the window in the back and guess what number was on the back sign.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: NGOrion on August 23, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
Annex does the T18?

And also does Landover do the 86 line?  One day I saw a D40lfr on the 86 line. And no I did not mistake it for a C40lfr. The D40lfrs have the window in the back and guess what number was on the back sign.

Landover does the T18. Bladensburg does the 86 line. That bus you saw was probably a fill in from Landover to cover a particular run.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:04:07 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on August 23, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
Annex does the T18?

And also does Landover do the 86 line?  One day I saw a D40lfr on the 86 line. And no I did not mistake it for a C40lfr. The D40lfrs have the window in the back and guess what number was on the back sign.

Landover does the T18. Bladensburg does the 86 line. That bus you saw was probably a fill in from Landover to cover a particular run.

Probably. But you will see some unsual buses on routes like the small Orion VII on the X2 or a 30 ft Orion V on the A12. A 30 ft on the A12. What the hell was Landover thinking when they did that?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
Probably. But you will see some unsual buses on routes like the small Orion VII on the X2 or a 30 ft Orion V on the A12. A 30 ft on the A12. What the hell was Landover thinking when they did that?

Sometimes it might be from the availibility of vehicles in the garage or probably due to the way run might interline. For instance, the C8 normally doesn't run with tics, but I know someone who runs it with a tic because he does a Z8 late night run. It happens at times.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:14:24 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
Probably. But you will see some unsual buses on routes like the small Orion VII on the X2 or a 30 ft Orion V on the A12. A 30 ft on the A12. What the hell was Landover thinking when they did that?

Sometimes it might be from the availibility of vehicles in the garage or probably due to the way run might interline. For instance, the C8 normally doesn't run with tics, but I know someone who runs it with a tic because he does a Z8 late night run. It happens at times.

Good point. But what if that particular A12 was so overcorwded that people couldn't fit on that bus? I wonder...
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Perry

It keeps going and they have to wait for the next bus.  Things like that happen here in Vegas every now and then.

LandoverDivision

People here in the D.C area get impatient waiting for the bus. Here in P.G County, you have to be patient, but people aren't. So if they were to wait for the next bus, they would have to wait 20 minutes for it. If it was a weekend, 30-40 minutes and on Sundays an hour for the A12 anyways.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Perry on August 23, 2008, 04:19:44 PM
It keeps going and they have to wait for the next bus.  Things like that happen here in Vegas every now and then.

I've seen it like that on the J line at night especially from 9pm with the workers in Bethesda wanting to go east. There was only one time where we had to pass up people because there were a bit more people than usual (college kids), but doesn't compare to the S line or Z line at night. Many a time I've taken the S line at late night (around 12am 1am) where you get a full standing load going up 16th Street. No wonder they operate tics until last runs. The Z line is the same way up to White Oak, mainly White Oak S.C, White Oak Apartments. The times I've ridden with an operator buddy of mine, it was hectic. I was wondering why there was always a load of people waiting for the Z8 at night and wanted to satisfy my curiosity.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Perry

Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 04:24:19 PM
People here in the D.C area get impatient waiting for the bus. Here in P.G County, you have to be patient, but people aren't. So if they were to wait for the next bus, they would have to wait 20 minutes for it. If it was a weekend, 30-40 minutes and on Sundays an hour for the A12 anyways.

I live in DC for 36 years, so believe me I know.  But, it's either that or miss service and would be even worse if that happened.