Redskins, WMATA Discontinue Shuttle Service due to FTA Regulations

Started by WMATAGMOAGH, August 05, 2008, 09:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WES

I will be avoiding FedEx field this Saturday.  Though there might not be as many fans going to the game as during the regular season, why take the risk.  It is going to be hell, because in place of WMATA not running the service the Landover site will look even more attractive to those who used to take the shuttle will now drive and those persons will fill up the Morgan Boulevard lot(even though, if I am correct is a fee paid on game days), and the Landover Mall site will be covered in vehicles, unless the site owners restrict parking.  If this is the case, we could be paid up the a** providing a parking space for desperate fans.  That'll pay for gas.


MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY!!!!!!!
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

WMATAGMOAGH

WMATA no longer charges the premium parking fee at Morgan Boulevard and Largo on game days.


WMATAGMOAGH

My bad.  Maybe it was a proposal to eliminate it that didn't go through, I don't recall at this point.

WES

Were all the shuttles discontinued because I did see some shuttles being operated by WMATA going to and from the Landover Mall site as well as seeing a MetroExtra bus leaving the Landover Station. 

This my sound stupid and weird but could WMATA or even Maryland make an appeal to the FTA on environmental concerns.  Because putting more vehicles on the road, for those who would normally take transit to Redskins games, causing more pollution, along with the fact that persons can't pay the 20 dollars for the company who was going to provide the shuttles in place of WMATA.

I can understand about not letting T/As chartering buses for sightseeing and other stuff where one to three buses would do, but when it is a large scale event like a sporting event, that was going too far.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

rideonrulez

I was watching the news last night (8/9/08) and when they were interviewing people in the parking lot at Fed Ex field I saw an Orion VII CNG in the background.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WMATAGMOAGH

Perhaps WMATA got a waiver to operate the parking lot shuttles but not the Landover shuttle?