News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

April 2009 Observation Photos

Started by LandoverDivision, April 01, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMAveteran

Wayne: Nice pictures.  Thank you very much.

C40LF_2464

#46
Just wanted to share these with you guys.



C40LF_2464

#47
Ok got more pics from busfanning with Brandon and Theodore. (You can see Brandon in the 1st pic LOL)



___________________________________________________________
These are some failed pics i managed to get.





Yup and thats about it.

NewFlyer9736BCT

#48
Finally got some of the new DE42LFRs today...





a back shot of 2665: (sorry for the bad quality...it almost left me so I took a quick one)




and more of everything else...












Time for Fairfax Connector!













Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Those are some excellent shots. 2665 in the Express scheme, love it. I think it would have looked better if the black parts weren't added to the windows. Also, why is "NOT' in a green box on 6424?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 18, 2009, 03:23:13 PM
Those are some excellent shots. 2665 in the Express scheme, love it. I think it would have looked better if the black parts weren't added to the windows. Also, why is "NOT' in a green box on 6424?


thanks!

I've been wondering that too...I think it has to do with the sign or something...2801 has the same thing...with the route number being embedded in red and white...but when it says "Not In Service" the whole thing is orange...idk

but yeah...if i'm not mistaking, these 6400s are using the same signs as the MetroExtra 2800s, except with different programming (i.e. MetroExtra would say "Silver Spring" then "Station", 6400s would say "Silver Spgs Station" in 2 lines
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

MetroLinerXLZ

#51
AHHH!!! WMATA's using MAN axles on the DE42LFA's!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

(Pinches self to make sure that the MAN axles seen in the pics of #6424 are fake)
It is whatever.

C40LF_2464

Will any of the FFC Orion VII NG's oporate on the 171?

LandoverDivision

Here are some pictures I got over the past 3-4 weeks.

















And an Inverse Photo.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

2802 on the 36. Now I've seen everything.  Good catch man. Do you remember what street that is?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 20, 2009, 04:44:35 PM
2802 on the 36. Now I've seen everything.  Good catch man. Do you remember what street that is?

7th St. Right there by Archives. Me and Theodore (Orionvii271) were on the Circulator when we spotted this.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

NewFlyer9736BCT

I remember a long time ago I saw a MetroExtra bus on the D5 (I think it was 2805, it was autumn/winter so it was really dark by PM rush)
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Here's something that I've been thinking about, WMATA recently increased service on the 79; adding additional buses (the C40lfrs painted in the Express scheme) to it. If they're going to keep the keep the 79 named as "Metro Extra", then why would those additional buses be painted in the Express scheme instead of the Metro Extra scheme? This is leading me to think that the name "Metro Extra" is not going to be around for long. Of course if one of the Metro Extra buses are repainted into the Express scheme then my suspicions would be true. 
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Hey do you guys think I'll win the trip to Germany?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

LandoverDivision

I just notcied something, what is a Landover bus doing on the 80?
The REAL Landover Division fan!