News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

April 2009 Observation Photos

Started by LandoverDivision, April 01, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

C40LF_2464

#15
Nice pics Brandon. Ima head up to Silver Spring when i get the chance. And Ken i think 4272 wouldve sayed S2 or 54 since it has a N block with a S.

Tritransit Area

Quote from: Tristan on April 03, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
I don't think 2801 -2814 are going to be in that Metro Extra scheme for long. I mean WMATA added buses to the 79 (the C40lfrs painted in express scheme). I still think 2801-2814 are going to be repainted in the Express scheme eventually.

Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?

I agree, and it wouldn't be a huge loss or anything -- not like it was a great name to begin with.

I guess...but the thing with calling it an "express" is that there are other express routes out there...with express fares, where the "Extra" was a limited stop "BRT" service with frequent headways during the rush.  But oh well, the schemes do look nice.

Do these LFAs have the signal prioritization feature as well?
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

It's not so much signal priority but proximity. It only extends the green, doesn't initiate it like fire and EMS. I heard it is on Georgia Avenue, but only works at times. It's in the plans for 16th Street. As for the express, they do add the limited-stop "footnote" to the signs.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

79MetroExtraMD

#18
Got my chance to ride a DE42LFA, 6425 to be exact. I think I timed it perfectly. I got to McPherson Square (Franklin Sq side) around 7:40. Snapped a few pics, then this baby pulls around the corner. I got pics and such. Front shot came out pretty good minus the minimal sun glare (semi-direct sunlight. Couldn't really do anything about it). Also got an interior shot. These feature an LED Stop Requested sign (which is pretty nice). One little caveat, the S9 hasn't been programmed into the Clever Devices as of yet.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

C40LF_2464

Dang i went to Silver Sping yesterday with Brandon and we only caught the last AM S9 (DE40LF).  >:(

But anyways here are some pics.
























I know i need to work a liltle on taking my photos better.

OrionFlyer

Nice pics 79MetroExtraMD and DE40lfr. Hey 79MetroExtraMD, can I use your pictures of the S9 for an article on Wikipedia?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 08, 2009, 11:45:03 AM
Nice pics 79MetroExtraMD and DE40lfr. Hey 79MetroExtraMD, can I use your pictures of the S9 for an article on Wikipedia?

Once I copyright them, you can. I just have to download the GIMP again. I'll send them to you later on today.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: landoverdivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with those photo sizes...

NewFlyer9736BCT

#25
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on April 08, 2009, 03:57:34 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.


Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with those photo sizes...

same...
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Quote from: landoverdivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.

Where are those other pictures you have?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Things are not looking so well for 5753 today...these pictures below are nothing compared to actually seeing this bus smoking in person...everyone thought there was a fire or something...

well anyways...here's pics of poor 5753:






Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

NewFlyer9736BCT

...and some more from today (no time for VA unfortunately)
oh...and apparently there is more than one bus wrapped for the German photo contest thing...look for it below (its 4343)
funny thing...right behind 4343 was 4344...which was the first bus to be wrapped for Germany (though now it's back to its original colors)

Anyways...less talk more pics...enjoy!








<--This one was on the Z11




<--morning
<---afternoon


Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

ChristopherF

9412 remains @ Montgomery.

George, I mentioned in the April 2009 Observations thread that there are 2 buses wrapped in the "Zeitgeist is German" ad.  Thanks for showing us the photos of 4343 & 4350, respectively.  And I also noticed that 2394 - the 2nd New Flyer C40LF to be rehabbed - now has the Alcoa wheels.  And yes, the quality of the photos were good.  I cannot wait to see all of those photos on your GP Bus Gallery Website.