News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

PHOTOS: CET From Friday the 13th

Started by LandoverDivision, March 15, 2009, 03:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WayneNYC

#15
9355 is the runaway bus that crashed into an apartment building last year in Alexandria.

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on March 15, 2009, 09:59:38 PM
Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 06:06:53 PM
They look good, but I still say this "Local" and "Express" branding is a bad move for WMATA.  Just the other day I saw 4329 on the J9 and Montgomery's 4396-4399 & 6207-6217 regularly show up on local routes.

I still say it wouldn't matter because of interlining, plus alot of people either misread or can't read the sign at all in the first place. Plus, it makes for some interesting sightings.

That's precisely why I think it's not a good move for WMATA.  Remember, you shouldn't look at this from a transit fan's perspective.  If it gets to the point where all brands are regularly showing up on all routes at any given time, then it begs the question... Why have the branding?

LandoverDivision

Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 10:01:20 PM
9355 is the runaway bus that crashed into an apartment building last year in Alexandria.

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on March 15, 2009, 09:59:38 PM
Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 06:06:53 PM
They look good, but I still say this "Local" and "Express" branding is a bad move for WMATA. Just the other day I saw 4329 on the J9 and Montgomery' 4396-4399 & 6207-6217 regularly show up on local routes.

I still say it wouldn' matter because of interlining, plus alot of people either misread or can' read the sign at all in the first place. Plus, it makes for some interesting sightings.

That' precisely why I think it' not a good move for WMATA. Remember, you shouldn' look at this from a transit fan' perspective. If it gets to the point where all brands are regularly showing up on all routes at any given time, then it begs the question... Why have the branding?

I'm not WMATA so I'm not saying this is what they do or why they do it, but maybe they don't mean for it to happen. Maybe they are just leftover buses for routes that could use them or something. I'm not saying don't brand the buses, but brand only whar's neccesary. I think WMATA may have branded too many buses in some cases.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Can anybody make out the numbers of those two Express painted buses?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 10:01:20 PM
9355 is the runaway bus that crashed into an apartment building last year in Alexandria.

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on March 15, 2009, 09:59:38 PM
Quote from: WayneNYC on March 15, 2009, 06:06:53 PM
They look good, but I still say this "Local" and "Express" branding is a bad move for WMATA.  Just the other day I saw 4329 on the J9 and Montgomery's 4396-4399 & 6207-6217 regularly show up on local routes.

I still say it wouldn't matter because of interlining, plus alot of people either misread or can't read the sign at all in the first place. Plus, it makes for some interesting sightings.

That's precisely why I think it's not a good move for WMATA.  Remember, you shouldn't look at this from a transit fan's perspective.  If it gets to the point where all brands are regularly showing up on all routes at any given time, then it begs the question... Why have the branding?

Marketing I suppose. Catoe noted in the board meeting that attractiveness was one point that drew folks to Circulator. Plus, I think in the long run when more services come into place, the brandings will serve a purpose. But as I said, it's more important to focus on the destination sign rather than the paint.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WMAveteran

Excellent pictures.  Thank you very much.

WMAveteran

Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 16, 2009, 12:00:00 AM
Can anybody make out the numbers of those two Express painted buses?

From what I could magnify those two buses are numbered 6425 and 6434.

LandoverDivision

I couldn't see them that well, but from what it looked like on my camera, it looks like 6424 and 6425.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

#22
6400s? If some of those are there already, does that mean all the 6300s are in the DC area now?

Also, I think the New Flyer 60ft buses are going to numbered as 5500s.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Perry

Buses are not delivered in fleet order.  We get buses sent to us out of order all the time.

C40LF_2464

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on March 15, 2009, 05:26:23 PM
If a 37 footer is "too big" for the M4, why does that route operate 40 foot buses?
I think he is trying to be sarcastic

OrionFlyer

#25
According to this, the Express buses only are going to have the Color destination signs and an additional sign on the other side of the bus. Its pretty cool. Also, can anybody recognize the street these are on in the document?

http://www.wmata.com/Images/mrel/42FootBRT_FactSheet.pdf
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

That's the Jackson Graham Building aka Metro HQ. I think that's probably F Street.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

C40LF_2464

Man!!! Where the F*** was i when that pic was tooken? DE42LFA and 62LFA just parked there chillen without me  >:(. This is one of the things that gets my busfan side jealous.

Tritransit Area

Quote from: OrionFlyer on March 30, 2009, 03:16:33 PM
According to this, the Express buses only are going to have the Color destination signs and an additional sign on the other side of the bus. Its pretty cool. Also, can anybody recognize the street these are on in the document?

http://www.wmata.com/Images/mrel/42FootBRT_FactSheet.pdf

This document intrigues me.  Those Express LFAs have traditional local seating, don't they.  Also, the NABI BRTs are being used on the 5A...

I think WMATA may be shifting the "Express" designation from the old fashioned suburban expresses (like the J9, etc) to the "Extra" services (like the S9 and 79).

It would be very interesting to see how those New Flyer D40LFRs are repainted.  I doubt they will repaint the Orion Vs, but who knows?
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

OrionFlyer

#29
The Suburban seat Express branded buses will probably go to the county divisions (Landover and Montgomery). Northern will have 10 of the non suburban Express branded buses.  I hope some of the suburbans go to Landover for use on the B30. Or Montgomery could move some of their 6200s to Landover. There are going to be 38 of the Express buses, so I'm very curious as to how many the other divisions are going to get.

And I asked John Catoe and he said all the buses that are active in the fleet are going to be repainted. I'm very curious to see how the Orion V's and VI's and VII's are going to look in this scheme.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.