News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Ride On's daily block log

Started by rideonrulez, January 30, 2009, 09:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: rideonrulez on February 05, 2009, 07:21:13 AM
2/5/09: 5501,5502,5523,5527,5529 (GB) is operating on a Nicholson run this morning.

Only this morning?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on February 05, 2009, 08:15:58 AM
Quote from: rideonrulez on February 05, 2009, 07:21:13 AM
2/5/09: 5501,5502,5523,5527,5529 (GB) is operating on a Nicholson run this morning.

Only this morning?

As of now yes, later this afternoon I have no idea. It depends how many vehicles they can get ready by the time PM rush starts. You can also add 5401 (training) to the list too.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Tritransit Area

rideonrulez, is Ride-On starting to turn away from having Nicholson as the "cutaway depot"?  There's an awful lot of heavy duty buses running there now...

Not that I'm complaining, but it'll sure catch my eye when I see a heavy duty bus on the 18 for the first time....ever.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

rideonrulez

Quote from: Tritransit Area on February 05, 2009, 02:11:36 PM
rideonrulez, is Ride-On starting to turn away from having Nicholson as the "cutaway depot"?  There's an awful lot of heavy duty buses running there now...
Not that I'm complaining, but it'll sure catch my eye when I see a heavy duty bus on the 18 for the first time....ever.

Well we are getting more baby Gilligs to replace the rest of the Helldorado's so I guess you can say that. After this order arrives, That will only leave us with 61 cutaways in which 11 are at Silver Spring and 50 at Nicholson.

2/6/09: 5400 & 5401 (training) and 5501,5523 & 5529 are operating on Nicholson runs
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

rideonrulez

#19
2/9/09: 5400 & 5401 (training) and 5501 & 5502 (GB) are operating on Nicholson runs.

PM update: 5523, 5529 & 5537 are operating on Nicholson runs.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

79MetroExtraMD

Spotted 5529 on the 21 this morning at Silver Spring.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 09, 2009, 10:31:37 AM
Spotted 5529 on the 21 this morning at Silver Spring.
isn't the 21 a Silver Spring route now? as in...they run exclusively with the upper 5200 cutaways? or was that the 22?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tritransit Area

The 21 actually has been a Silver Spring route since it first started service, which wasn't that long ago IIRC.  It was interesting because it was the first cutaway route to run out of Silver Spring.  I think it's the only cutaway-only route to run out of that depot to this day, if I'm not mistaken.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

I dunno if it was on the 21 or not. The block sign had red numbers showing 21. The sign was crapped out. My second thought was either 18 or 22.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

rideonrulez


Quote
The 21 actually has been a Silver Spring route since it first started service, which wasn't that long ago IIRC.  It was interesting because it was the first cutaway route to run out of Silver Spring.  I think it's the only cutaway-only route to run out of that depot to this day, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess let me clear things up, the 21 has always been operated by Silver Spring depot. The 22 & 25 was transfered to Silver Spring from Nicholson effective September 28, 2008. 

Quote
I dunno if it was on the 21 or not. The block sign had red numbers showing 21. The sign was crapped out. My second thought was either 18 or 22.

5529 was on the 18 this morning.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

rideonrulez

I have'nt said much here lately BUT the Orion I's looks like they will spend the rest of there lives at Nicholson, so I kind of gave up posting it here. But 5546 was running out of Nicholson yesterday (2/24/09).
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

NewFlyer9736BCT

I saw 5546 at Shady Grove Station like 2 weeks ago so i'm guessing it was already at Nicholson.
Plus, I believe 5537 is also a Nicholson bus, I saw that on the 45 last week, as well as a Gillig Phantom on the 45 (couldn't see the number). Also, 5401 on the 79 this afternoon.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

2/26/09: 5296 (SS) is operating on a Nicholson run. 
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

rideonrulez

2/27/09: 5565 (GB) was operating on a Nicholson run.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

rideonrulez

3/3/09: 5551 & 5557 (GB) are operating on Nicholson runs this morning. What would be a neat pic oppurtunity is 5557 is down county doing the 3 & 18!!
"Ignore Asian Character Width"