News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

METRO IS GETTING EVERYTHING READY

Started by wmata employee, January 15, 2009, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wmata employee

ATTENTION:If u see any old bus out that means they are getting out all the 93/9400's out of mothballs due to the upcoming events. Arlington and Royal will be open this weekend for prep. Greyhound has stored some of there prevost buses at one of metro's facilities for prep.

LandoverDivision

Talk about awesome. Greyhound though? Maybe Dillion's should do the same.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tritransit Area

Wow....when did the 93/9400s become old?

I almost wish I could make it down there just to see these veterans in action.  Plus, I'd love to grab one decent photo of a Ride-On Flx, especially a final ride on those vehicles.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

WES

Yep, it's hard to believe that they are approaching 19 years old, if they made it to this upcoming August, which they won't.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

Tristan

Quote from: Tritransit Area on January 16, 2009, 03:00:22 PM
Wow....when did the 93/9400s become old?

I almost wish I could make it down there just to see these veterans in action.  Plus, I'd love to grab one decent photo of a Ride-On Flx, especially a final ride on those vehicles.

I think you might have missed the boat on the Ride On Flxes but there are people more qualified than me to confirm that.