News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

The Bus STILL selling all-day passes!

Started by LandoverDivision, January 13, 2009, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

I walked off The Bus Gillig Advantage earlier and it's a good thing I looked where the driver is. What I saw surprised the hell out of me. Today's date on a whole stack of orange all day passes. I thought they were done with transfers. Seems not.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

NewFlyer9736BCT

I think Ride-On still sells them as well.

BTW will all regional TAs accept the 1-day pass even though they are paper passes?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on January 13, 2009, 03:13:21 PM
I think Ride-On still sells them as well.

BTW will all regional TAs accept the 1-day pass even though they are paper passes?

Wow I did'nt know PG The Bus stll had them too. I thought Ride On was the only system to still sell them as we were the inventers of the all day pass in this region.

Now the other TA's are suppose to honor the all day pass because if you read in between the lines it states that they won't accept "paper TRANSFERs". It is an "all day PASS" that is why it is still accepted.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

LandoverDivision

Quote from: rideonrulez on January 13, 2009, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on January 13, 2009, 03:13:21 PM
I think Ride-On still sells them as well.

BTW will all regional TAs accept the 1-day pass even though they are paper passes?

Wow I did'nt know PG The Bus stll had them too. I thought Ride On was the only system to still sell them as we were the inventers of the all day pass in this region.

Now the other TA's are suppose to honor the all day pass because if you read in between the lines it states that they won't accept "paper TRANSFERs". It is an "all day PASS" that is why it is still accepted.

Yes but an all day pass is still a paper transfer kinda. I count it as a paper transfer.  ;D
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Perry

Except you don't hand it off to the operator like a normal transfer.  It's just a pass that's made of paper.

WayneNYC

I guess you can think of it as a flash pass that's valid for just one day.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: WayneNYC on January 13, 2009, 04:40:07 PM
I guess you can think of it as a flash pass that's valid for just one day.

True. I was going to call it that.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tritransit Area

WHOA!  That's interesting, I didn't realize that regional day passes were still available...from the other authorities.

Do they still cost 3 dollars and whatnot?  Hopefully all the area TA's got the memo to accept them...
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

aznboy4305

Yeah...one day passes still exist, its a pass not a transfer. Many operators tend to hand them out when they don't feel like explaining to people why they can't get a paper transfer.

Tritransit Area

So is WMATA the only one who got rid of them?  I thought they specifically got rid of the 1 day pass a long time back.  That's why I've been using the Smartrip card on buses nowadays - I used to just buy a daypass and save the Smartrip for the Metrorail.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

NewFlyer9736BCT

I think it was Ken who told me that you can have your Smartrip card activated as a 1-day pass, IIRC the driver has to press the number 6 and you just scan the card.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on January 17, 2009, 12:04:56 PM
I think it was Ken who told me that you can have your Smartrip card activated as a 1-day pass, IIRC the driver has to press the number 6 and you just scan the card.

I'm skeptical of this, and even if the feature exists, it is probably just in the testing phase and not meant to be used.  It is in WMATA's interest to make passes and Smartrip compatible as soon as possible, so it wouldn't make much sense to have that capability and not use it.

Tritransit Area

I believe they have been working on enabling the Smartrip to be used as a 1 day pass for quite a while if I'm not mistaken.  The only problem that I would see with this procedure is that the Smartrip would accidentally turn into a one day pass...regardless of how much money is on the card.  This could also affect transferring in the future.

It would be cool if they can get it to work...apparently MTA Baltimore is still working on their card.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

NewFlyer9736BCT

Yeah that would be cool if they can officially get it to work because sometimes I'm out all day and I don't wanna have to worry about the time I have to transfer to the next bus or how much money I have on my Smartrip...plus it saves paper and it will bring back the already-gone 1-day pass for WMATA.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tristan

I don't think it's that it works as a one-day pass but that $3 can be deducted to PAY for a one-day pass.  Also, key assignments vary from system-to-system: for us, Key 6 is Lunch Loop...others use Alt keys (Blue or Green + another button) for things like day passes.