News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

STAFF VERY PLEASED WITH ......

Started by wmata employee, October 30, 2008, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wmata employee

We as supervisors are very pleased with the 60 ft.brt buses they are very quiet,very clean colorful buses.
Metro is due to get 250 buses in march 09. every garage will get new equipment accept ROYAL ST.
Arlington(west ox)garage will get new buses when they open in March so there are a lot of good things thats happening in the BMNT.

OrionFlyer

Which older buses will be getting the new paint scheme?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

wmata employee

4001-4104, 9701-9785,9801-9835 only these buses will be kept in service they will go threw another big major overhaul next year they will be like new all over again.

OrionFlyer

Sounds good. What about the Orion's, New Flyer's, and Neoplan's?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: wmata employee on October 30, 2008, 10:40:55 AM
We as supervisors are very pleased with the 60 ft.brt buses they are very quiet,very clean colorful buses.
Metro is due to get 250 buses in march 09. every garage will get new equipment accept ROYAL ST.
Arlington(west ox)garage will get new buses when they open in March so there are a lot of good things thats happening in the BMNT.

Aren't Royal Street and Arlington closing due to West Ox?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Perry


LandoverDivision

I couldve sworn somewhere it said Royal was being replaced by West Ox.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Perry

As far as I know, Arlington was the only one to close.  That would be one heck of an inefficient deadhead to send something from western Fairfax to Alexandria.  I suppose they could mix with Four Mile Run, but I dont' think Royal is closing because of West Ox.

Tristan

They're looking for a Royal replacement but it won't be West Ox.  At one point, they talked about putting DASH and WMATA in the same division, but uh let's talk about NO.

BAD MOVE

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Tristan on October 30, 2008, 09:04:34 PM
They're looking for a Royal replacement but it won't be West Ox.  At one point, they talked about putting DASH and WMATA in the same division, but uh let's talk about NO.

BAD MOVE

BAD MOVE? How? Union conflicts? Fears that WMATA would absorb DASH's routes? Do tell.

wmata employee

I  dont no were you all are getting this information from its wrong wmata will never move another contractor into Royal st.

There is talk to replace the existing division but not sure were it will be .

Arlington is the garage that will move with another "TA" company .

Tristan

I didn't say that we were moving into Royal, and we're not a contractor.  I meant to imply that, while we were discussing new garage options (we broke ground in March), the city floated the idea of putting Royal and DASH together like with Fairfax.

DASH is not union, so I don't anticipate any conflicts, but ... there's just a different mentality towards bus operations at WMATA vs. DASH.  WMATA lets too many things go like they aren't happening - no offense, Antonio (? or is it Cedric?), not saying all employees at WMATA are bad, but...to be honest, if you ask anyone in Alexandria which bus they'd take first, if they aren't a senior citizen (we don't have a senior fare because we don't receive federal funding), 9.8 out of 10 say DASH.