News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

NABI 60-BRT Debut

Started by LandoverDivision, October 27, 2008, 01:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wmata employee

okay ? now  Landover garage is in a diffrent union than the other garages threw out the system .There will be no route movements out of that garage . Bladensburg will never share or operate there routes period. Landover pick diffrent from the other garages the runs are not the same,they only have one relief run and that is the "F12" because it relives in front of the garage. Bladensburg never operated the "T18" or any of there routes. Before Landover open the Prince Georges division had  artics 5001-5078 and other eqipment they operated into the far out areas only,but now its called the Southern Avenue bus garage. any other question please ask me the official wmata supervisor .

OrionFlyer

#61
One time when I was at Rhode Island Ave Station, I think it was sometime last year when the route was still 84, 85, there was a C40lf on the 84. It was parked right in front of me at the 81,82, 83, 84, 85, 86 stop at R I Ave Station. I was waiting for the 83. A  Bladensburg bus was the 84  route.

So my question is did Bladensburg used to do this route because I'm convinced that it did?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Perry on November 01, 2008, 11:27:58 AM
This was probably done way before it was WMATA. Most likely when all of the privates were merged into the conglomeration.  You can't just switch a union.  WMATA can't force that, there would be huge trouble if that were to happen.

They can at least "suggest" it. And sometimes "huge trouble" has to happen for the common good of a company. I would rather take the Teamsters wrath by trying to switch Landover to ATU, even if it resulted in riots, than let Landover be a snobbish exception.

I want John Catoe's job!

Perry

I don't think it's worth all of the hassle of trying to get them to switch from Teamsters to ATU. 

LandoverDivision

Quote from: Perry on November 01, 2008, 05:12:17 PM
I don't think it's worth all of the hassle of trying to get them to switch from Teamsters to ATU. 

I know this may be a dumb question to you all but what is Teamsters and ATU anyway?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Scrabbleship

Quote from: landoverdivision on November 01, 2008, 05:40:47 PM
Quote from: Perry on November 01, 2008, 05:12:17 PM
I don't think it's worth all of the hassle of trying to get them to switch from Teamsters to ATU. 

I know this may be a dumb question to you all but what is Teamsters and ATU anyway?

Different unions. ATU (or is it TWU) represents most of WMATA, Teamsters represents Landover.

Why wouldn't it be worth all of the hassle? Is it good for WMATA to have a single garage basically a fifedom within a large company?

Perry

It's up to the union members to decide if they want to switch unions or not, not WMATA.  That's the way unions operate.  There is most likely a collective bargaining agreement between them and you can't just say all of a sudden, "ATU, you are the one that is to operate Landover".  Who says it hasn't been tried in the past to get ATU to take over Landover?  I'm sure it was a topic years ago, but it was decided to keep them the same. 

NYC has or had a couple of unions too.  These operators take being in a union very seriously.  It complicates operations, but in the end, this is what was decided.

wmata employee

when Landover was built it 1988 and open in 1989 metro ask the ATU if they could support the garage  they declined and metro had to come up with another source . ATU told metro that they could not go far as that because that was MTA's area and it was cause a problem between the two. So TEAMSTERS came in with a good deal with metro and LANDOVER was a TEAMSTERS UNION in summer of 89. some operators who left PRINCE GEORGES GARAGE  had to take a vote on to be at the new garage or to go to  Southeastern ,in 1990 there were problems southeast could not handle some of the left over runs that was left .In the mid fallpick they had to reopen the PRINCE GEORGES GARAGE to be a tripper division only!! they had runs has trippers and operated school specials and other specials that was requested.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: wmata employee on November 01, 2008, 07:13:51 PM
when Landover was built it 1988 and open in 1989 metro ask the ATU if they could support the garage  they declined and metro had to come up with another source . ATU told metro that they could not go far as that because that was MTA's area and it was cause a problem between the two. So TEAMSTERS came in with a good deal with metro and LANDOVER was a TEAMSTERS UNION in summer of 89. some operators who left PRINCE GEORGES GARAGE  had to take a vote on to be at the new garage or to go to  Southeastern ,in 1990 there were problems southeast could not handle some of the left over runs that was left .In the mid fallpick they had to reopen the PRINCE GEORGES GARAGE to be a tripper division only!! they had runs has trippers and operated school specials and other specials that was requested.

MTA's area? Landover is like 5 minutes away from D.C.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

wmata employee

We all no this........ but thats a violation there routes operates in anne arundel county areas aswell.

WES

Quote from: wmata employee on November 01, 2008, 11:33:56 AM
okay ? now  Landover garage is in a diffrent union than the other garages threw out the system .There will be no route movements out of that garage . Bladensburg will never share or operate there routes period. Landover pick diffrent from the other garages the runs are not the same,they only have one relief run and that is the "F12" because it relives in front of the garage. Bladensburg never operated the "T18" or any of there routes. Before Landover open the Prince Georges division had  artics 5001-5078 and other eqipment they operated into the far out areas only,but now its called the Southern Avenue bus garage. any other question please ask me the official wmata supervisor .

Whoa a little error there.  5001-5045 were the artics, 5051-5079  were the 30 foot Flxible new looks.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

WES

Quote from: NGOrion on November 01, 2008, 12:15:49 PM
One time when I was at Rhode Island Ave Station, I think it was sometime last year when the route was still 84, 85, there was a C40lf on the 84. It was parked right in front of me at the 81,82, 83, 84, 85, 86 stop at R I Ave Station. I was waiting for the 83. A  Bladensburg bus was the 84  route.

So my question is did Bladensburg used to do this route because I'm convinced that it did?

Before Landover opened the 84 used to be operated by Bladensburg so was the F2, the F4,6 was operated by Montgomery during the week and Bladensburg on weekends.  But when Landover opened, those aforementioned routes went to Landover.  If you saw a C40LF on the 84 it could have been a bus to cover for a broken down bus from Landover.  The main difference between a bus loaned from one garage to cover for another and a route that is mainly run by one garage that another garage covers is the run number.  Even if say a Bladensburg bus covers a Landover route, it will still have the "L" as the first run number, because it is still a Landover route, it is just that the bus from Landover that ran that route either broke down or Landover was short a bus so they had to get any bus that could cover that run till they could get a Landover bus to take over.

If that doesn't explain that I know someone else can explain it better than I could.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

Perry

I think we're heading down the road of beating a dead horse!  Thanks for everyone clarifying things everyone.

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: WES on November 01, 2008, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on November 01, 2008, 12:15:49 PM
One time when I was at Rhode Island Ave Station, I think it was sometime last year when the route was still 84, 85, there was a C40lf on the 84. It was parked right in front of me at the 81,82, 83, 84, 85, 86 stop at R I Ave Station. I was waiting for the 83. A  Bladensburg bus was the 84  route.

So my question is did Bladensburg used to do this route because I'm convinced that it did?

Before Landover opened the 84 used to be operated by Bladensburg so was the F2, the F4,6 was operated by Montgomery during the week and Bladensburg on weekends.  But when Landover opened, those aforementioned routes went to Landover.  If you saw a C40LF on the 84 it could have been a bus to cover for a broken down bus from Landover.  The main difference between a bus loaned from one garage to cover for another and a route that is mainly run by one garage that another garage covers is the run number.  Even if say a Bladensburg bus covers a Landover route, it will still have the "L" as the first run number, because it is still a Landover route, it is just that the bus from Landover that ran that route either broke down or Landover was short a bus so they had to get any bus that could cover that run till they could get a Landover bus to take over.

If that doesn't explain that I know someone else can explain it better than I could.

How is this for an example (Bladensburg bus on a Northern route with a Northern block)?


OrionFlyer

Quote from: WES on November 01, 2008, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on November 01, 2008, 12:15:49 PM
One time when I was at Rhode Island Ave Station, I think it was sometime last year when the route was still 84, 85, there was a C40lf on the 84. It was parked right in front of me at the 81,82, 83, 84, 85, 86 stop at R I Ave Station. I was waiting for the 83. A  Bladensburg bus was the 84  route.

So my question is did Bladensburg used to do this route because I'm convinced that it did?

Before Landover opened the 84 used to be operated by Bladensburg so was the F2, the F4,6 was operated by Montgomery during the week and Bladensburg on weekends.  But when Landover opened, those aforementioned routes went to Landover.  If you saw a C40LF on the 84 it could have been a bus to cover for a broken down bus from Landover.  The main difference between a bus loaned from one garage to cover for another and a route that is mainly run by one garage that another garage covers is the run number.  Even if say a Bladensburg bus covers a Landover route, it will still have the "L" as the first run number, because it is still a Landover route, it is just that the bus from Landover that ran that route either broke down or Landover was short a bus so they had to get any bus that could cover that run till they could get a Landover bus to take over.

If that doesn't explain that I know someone else can explain it better than I could.

Now it all makes sense. Thanks.

Also I love pic. Nice.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.