News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Planned MetroExtra Routes

Started by LandoverDivision, October 03, 2008, 09:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Here are some MetroExtra Routes that are planned:

Potomac Yard 
University Boulevard / East-West Highway (Montgomery County)
16th Street
Veirs Mill Road
Leesburg Pike
New Hampshire Avenue
H Street / Benning Road
Eastover / Addison Road
Little River Turnpike / Duke Street
East-West Highway (Prince George's County)
Greenbelt-Twinbrook
Massachusetts Avenue / U Street / Florida Avenue / 8th Street / MLK Avenue
14th Street
Colesville Road
Anacostia Congress Heights
Georgia Avenue (in Montgomery County)
North Capitol Street
Rhode Island Avenue
Rhode Island Avenue Metro to Laurel
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

The REAL Landover Division fan!

wmata employee

some of the information is not planned as of yet but the 14th street is going threw meetings as of now the others has long to come.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: landoverdivision on October 03, 2008, 05:56:41 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 03, 2008, 03:58:20 PM
Where did you get that from?

I have my sources  :P

I know exactly where you got it from cause I have the same file. I think 16th Street is next on the list for improvements. I would love to see a limited stop line (S3) along the S4 branch. It'll give me two ways to get downtown faster :D.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.


OrionFlyer

Oh that? I remember that file. I just didn't read it all.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 03, 2008, 08:58:16 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 03, 2008, 05:56:41 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 03, 2008, 03:58:20 PM
Where did you get that from?

I have my sources  :P

I know exactly where you got it from cause I have the same file. I think 16th Street is next on the list for improvements. I would love to see a limited stop line (S3) along the S4 branch. It'll give me two ways to get downtown faster :D.

Actually I didn't get it from there. LOL.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

RailBus63

Quote from: WayneNYC on October 03, 2008, 11:59:55 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 03, 2008, 09:34:27 PM

Link please? I want to find out more.

http://www.wmata.com/board_gm/board_docs/052208_BusPrioritypresentation.pdf



Check out the photo on page 14 with the New Looks, an Old Look and a Continental Trailways Eagle - now that's an improvement plan I could get excited about!

Tritransit Area

Hmm...what are the criteria for creating Metro Extra corridors?  Some roads seem a little questionable to me...
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...