News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Which division/facility paints the buses?

Started by LandoverDivision, October 02, 2008, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Which division or facility paints WMATA's buses? It confuses me because I was told the Carmen E. Turner Facility did it, but then I was told Bladensburg Division did them. I was also told they were painted before they are delivered to WMATA? I just want to know the truth.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WayneNYC

I don't know for sure, but I thought WMATA's paint shop was at Bladensburg along with the shops for heavy maintenance.  Perhaps the CET facility has a paint shop too???

Yes, new buses are aready painted when delivered.  Once they arrive, the transit agency/company will put the bus through an acceptance trial.  The bus gets prepped for service by adding necessary stuff like license plates, inspection stickers, farebox, drivers and mechanics are trained etc.

Tristan

Remember that CET used to be the Hechinger warehouse - it's only been in WMATA's hands for a short while.  Bladensburg was the original paint shop and then they opened a new one at CET.  Both of them will probably keep busy with all this new paint stuff going on.

wmata employee

only Bladensburg does some paints and rehabs for some dc divisions, Turner does the vice verser things such as new bus approvals and acceptance,rebuilds of buses,operator classroom training,vehicle assignments.They are pretty much a storage facilty aswell. Landover has a paint shop inside their division so its done at a number of places.

LandoverDivision

So basically, the buses are painted at CET, Landover, and Bladensburg?
The REAL Landover Division fan!