News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

October 2008 Observations

Started by Tristan, October 01, 2008, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OrionFlyer

The F4, F6, and 86 pics are nice. Some of my favorite routes.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: NGOrion on October 22, 2008, 07:23:05 PM
The F4, F6, and 86 pics are nice. Some of my favorite routes.

Thanks. if you are interested in viewing them all, yu can go to my photobucket and view them. My username is bjb91.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WMATAGMOAGH

Could we perhaps create a separate thread for people to post their pictures from a specific day that aren't directly related to text based observations? 

Tristan

Read the other thread before I saw this one...let's carry on with the discussion in that thread and keep this one on track.

Link: http://www.dctransit.info/forums/transit-today/october-2008-observation-photos/

ChristopherF

RIDE ON:
995718 on the 20 (Silver Spring) with a new coat of paint
075755 on the 10 (Twinbrook)

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9338 on the R2 (Ft Totten) with a "B" block
4239 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4240 remains @ Arlington.
2006 on the R12, freshly rehabbed
2096 on the C8, remains unrehabbed
2097 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
2098 on the C8, freshly rehabbed
2514 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2460 on the R2 (Calverton)
2344 on the 86 (Calverton)
2401 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2821 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?

LandoverDivision

Unusual Observation of the day (even though it's not really unusual).

BRT bus STILL at Landover Division. I thought for a minute it was a DE40LFR but then I saw the orange paint and I was like hold up...WOW!
The REAL Landover Division fan!

rideonrulez

WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

LandoverDivision

Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 07:46:09 PM
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.

I don't get the winows either. I'm going to show off my pics from today. rideonrulez if you want to show off your pics, go to the topic October 2008 observation photos.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

rideonrulez

Quote from: landoverdivision on October 24, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 07:46:09 PM
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.

I don't get the winows either. I'm going to show off my pics from today. rideonrulez if you want to show off your pics, go to the topic October 2008 observation photos.

Hey landoverdivision, I didn't take much pics this month because I've been doing video due to the competition. Now I do have ALOT of pics that I can put up from the past....
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

LandoverDivision

Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 24, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 24, 2008, 07:46:09 PM
WTF is up with these windows?? This was #4103 at Rockville Station this afternoon (10/24/08) on the Q2.

I don't get the winows either. I'm going to show off my pics from today. rideonrulez if you want to show off your pics, go to the topic October 2008 observation photos.

Hey landoverdivision, I didn't take much pics this month because I've been doing video due to the competition. Now I do have ALOT of pics that I can put up from the past....

Oh ok. I needed more time to prepare my video, but unfortunately the compitition is in a few days so I can't compete. :(
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Scrabbleship

Not an equipment observation, but an observation nonetheless: One of the schedule racks at Columbia Heights has schedules for the H5/H7, dated 10/3/05. Seeing the route was discontinued over two years ago, it seems very weird especially since the stack was full.
(As for the route, what was the point of it? Might work now with DCUSA though).

Tristan

I guess it's full because no one is taking the schedules!

[/useless joke]

ChristopherF

RIDE ON:
025610 on the 20 (Silver Spring)

METROBUS:
6110 on the NH1
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
2610 on the 9A (Pentagon)
2517 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
2312 on the 80 (Ft Totten)

NewFlyer9736BCT

Today:

5527, 5529, and 5543 at Shady Grove Station (5543 on the 100 - it was packed)

I'm so glad to see some hammerheads back in Gaithersburg
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

WMATA #5205 rear ended by a car this afternoon (10/27/08) at Georgia Ave & MD 108.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"