News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

October 2008 Observations

Started by Tristan, October 01, 2008, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OrionFlyer

Every time I go to DC I always manage to see one of the 3700s. Usually on th B8 and B9. One time I saw one on the D8. I got to ride one of those one day.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

3006 on the G8 to Avondale (first time EVER seeing a 30-footer on the G8)
Ice Cream Trucks 3736 and 3742 on the B8.
9750 on the 42 (Mt. Pleasant) with a W block
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

Is a 30 footer on the N22 normal? I saw one on that line when I was in DC.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Scrabbleship

A delayed nugget from last Friday:
2423 on the D5 at Dupont Circle, heading towards Farragut Square, signed Sangamore Road. I know that Bladensburg helps out Northern and Western in peak hours, but Montgomery?

WES

#64
Just a few comments.

There is a lot of times where a 30 footer has been on the G8.

It is the first reported, but most likely a 30 footer on the N22 wouldn't be out of the question.

I might have missed the route reorganization, but the D5 was a Western based route and Bladensburg doing runs on that route.  Actually it might have been a Bladensburg route with help from Western, but I am not 100% sure.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

WayneNYC

I see the D5 quite often on my way to/from work.  These days it's usually a Western bus, with Bladensburg lending a helping hand.

ChristopherF

#66
RIDE ON:
995411 on the 10 (Twinbrook)

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
9326 on the 3B (Rosslyn)
9336 on the 3A (Annandale)
9489, still in the old-skool 2nd scheme, on the 3T
4261 on the 3B (Falls Church Sta)
4262 remains @ Northern.
4311 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4340 on the 36 & is no longer wrapped in the Friends of the Berlin Airlift 60th Anniversary ad
4366 on the 28A (King Street Station) & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2082 on the C8 (White Flint Station), remains unrehabbed
2096 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center), remains unrehabbed
2214 on the 31 & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2226 on the 36 & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2586 is now half-wrapped in the NGV ad
6032 on the K6 (Ft Totten), bike rack removed
2411 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2401 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2357 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: Scrabbleship on October 16, 2008, 10:28:27 PM
A delayed nugget from last Friday:
2423 on the D5 at Dupont Circle, heading towards Farragut Square, signed Sangamore Road. I know that Bladensburg helps out Northern and Western in peak hours, but Montgomery?


The D5 is a split operation between Western and Bladensburg.  It used to be that Bladensburg buses would terminate their D5 trips at Mass and Westbard, and then deadhead to Friendship Heights and do trips on the even 30s.  If one camped out at the right time in the right spots, that person could theoretically get photos of Bladenburg buses on Westbard Avenue or Little Falls Parkway, since those were the routes the buses took most often.

LandoverDivision

Oh did I mention 4391 is now wrapped in the Chevon ad?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

ChristopherF

Quote from: landoverdivision on October 17, 2008, 01:07:57 PM
Oh did I mention 4391 is now wrapped in the Chevon ad?
I saw 3 more Metrobuses in the Chevron ad, 4366 being the most recent.

LandoverDivision

Its weird because it's not normal to see Landover buses wrapped in the Chevron Ad
The REAL Landover Division fan!

NewFlyer9736BCT

2143, 2151, 2156, 2168, 2169, 4330, 4391...soo many buses are wrapped with the Chevron ad, it's not uncommon to see them.

As for the Mini ad, alll I can remember is 2111 and 4311 (and 4288 has a similar one, but its not Mini)
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

ChristopherF

#72
Quote from: George on October 18, 2008, 11:56:46 AM
2143, 2151, 2156, 2168, 2169, 4330, 4391...soo many buses are wrapped with the Chevron ad, it's not uncommon to see them.

As for the Mini ad, alll I can remember is 2111 and 4311 (and 4288 has a similar one, but its not Mini)

I also saw 4261 (Arlington) & 4343 (Western) in their respective MINI ads.  As for the buses wrapped in the Chevron ads, they are (in numerical order): 4254 (Arlington), 4321 (Montgomery), 4330 (Montgomery), 4366 (Royal), 4379 (Royal), 4391 (Landover), 2139 (Northern), 2143 (Northern), 2151 (Northern), 2156 (Northern), 2168 (Western), 2169 (Western), 2214 (Western) & 2226 (Western).

79MetroExtraMD

Metrobus

9412 Y9 @ Silver Spring
2446 79 @ Silver Spring
(Yeah. This one kinda caught me by surpise. I got pics to prove it)

Ride On
546 15 @ Silver Spring
(This bus keeps evading me.)
729 15 @ Silver Spring
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

landoverdivision,

Ads are not really ... limited to certain divisions.  I don't know if it's really even relevant to say "it's not usual to see x ad out of y division".  The only exception I can think of is, okay, if I saw PGCC in VA, and of course the Clean Skies Initiative NGV wraps.