News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

October 2008 Observations

Started by Tristan, October 01, 2008, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rideonrulez

#75
Saw NABI artic #5203 broke down this morning (10/20/08) on Georgia Ave (SB) @ Niles St with a Maintenance (BMNT) truck and a Street Supervisor (BTRA). Also the Glenmont Station loop being closed is a good opportunity to get pics of WMATA buses on streets they don't regularly use like Glenallan Ave and Layhill Rd.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

LandoverDivision

#76
I saw 2822 as a driver training vehicle. It looks as though it could've been the T18 going to New Carrollton.  It also diverted into Capital Plaza for some odd reason.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WES

Depending on what time it was, it might have been starting a W4 run.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

It wasn't it said DRIVER TRAINING on the sign, plus it passed New Carrollton Station. It was following the T18 I was on, but it didn't divert into New Carrollton.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

#80
Hmm. You know when I was in PG county last Tuesday I did see quite a lot of Bladensburg buses with Driver Training on the sign. I'm starting to wonder if Bladensburg operaters are being trained for some Landover routes, all were C40lfs. I was on the F14 going towards Addison Rd Station and we at the light at the intersection of MLK Hwy & Sheriff Rd and I saw it cross MLK going in the same direction the F14 goes. So I'm starting to wonder if Bladensburg is going to be doing some Landover routes soon.

I did see in another topic that there is going to be a major garage/route switch, bus movement and bus route changes soon.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

I think the Driver Training thing is at CET. I saw 2822 twice in the past 3 weeks here in P.G. Once at Cheverly Station, then again by my school and then it passed Capital Plaza then went to New Carollton Station.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

LandoverDivision

#82
Here are some pics from my some of my observations as of 10/21/08. These pics are either from Addison Road Station, or New Carrollton Station.








The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: NGOrion on October 22, 2008, 06:45:44 AM
Nice pictures Brandon.

Thanks, I'll have pictures from my observations today too.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

LandoverDivision

Another question I want to ask is, why the heck does Montgomery have so many buses? They don't need a lot of the buses they have. But correct me if i'm wrong.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Quote from: landoverdivision on October 22, 2008, 10:37:45 AM
Another question I want to ask is, why the heck does Montgomery have so many buses? They don't need a lot of the buses they have. But correct me if i'm wrong.

That's what I've been wondering. Also, that J11 shot is nice
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WayneNYC

#87
Quote from: NGOrion on October 22, 2008, 11:03:36 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on October 22, 2008, 10:37:45 AM
Another question I want to ask is, why the heck does Montgomery have so many buses? They don't need a lot of the buses they have. But correct me if i'm wrong.

That's what I've been wondering. Also, that J11 shot is nice

It sounds like you two are thinking that Montgomery may have more buses than it needs.  If so, how did you come to that conclusion?  I know many of the fleets at other WMATA divisions are rather small when compared to Montgomery, but they also have less work to cover.  Remember, most of Montgomery's routes are serious workhorse lines which require plenty of buses even during base periods.  Montgomery also has tons of rush hour service and this was the case even before the Southeast closing.  I'm sure they need every bus in their house (and the other divisions too) which is why see 16-year old Flixbles still on the road.  Also - each division also needs to have some spares.

ChristopherF

#88
PRTC OMINRIDE:
315 on the West Falls Church route
345 on the Manassas route

RIDE ON:
975409, with the -paint scheme that can never, ever, ever be changed at any time-, on the 16 (Silver Spring)
995709 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995710 on the 10 (Hillandale)
025606 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
065752 on the 10 (Twinbrook), now with a different bike rack on front
085728 on the 15 (Silver Spring), now with logos on windows

METROBUS:
6110 on the NH1
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9318 on the 3B (Rosslyn)
9411 remains @ Montgomery.
9772 remains @ Bladensburg.
4204 on the R2 (Calverton)
4212 on the X2 (Minnesota Avenue Station)
4218 on the 80 (Ft Totten)

4239 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4240 remains @ Arlington.
4247 on the 3T & is now wrapped in the Chevron ad
4261 on the 3B (Falls Church Sta)
4262 remains @ Northern.
4311 on the C2 (Greenbelt Center)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4331 on the 31 (Potomac Park)
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4337 on the 36 & is now wrapped in the MINI ad
4388 remains @ Landover.
4392 on the B30 with an "L" block
4396 remains @ Montgomery.
4397 remains @ Montgomery.
4398 remains @ Montgomery.
4399 remains @ Montgomery.
2082 on the C8 (White Flint Station), remains unrehabbed
2085 on the J2 (Montgomery Mall), freshly rehabbed
2218 on the 31, now wrapped in the Chevron ad
2622 remains @ FMR.
6032 now has a replacement bike rack on front
2343 on the R2 (Calverton)
2318 on the R2 (Calverton)

LandoverDivision

#89
Here are pics of some of my observations as of 10/22/08. These pics are either at New Carrollton Station, College Park Station, or Cheverly Station. The C40LFR is on Paint Branch Parkway.







The REAL Landover Division fan!