News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

October 2008 Observations

Started by Tristan, October 01, 2008, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tristan

Sorry, don't have anything to post here.

rideonrulez

There will be ALOT of interesting sightings on the Ride On side starting today.....
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

LandoverDivision

Well, today the first of October, I saw these buses:

-2016
-9735
-63169 (The Bus)
-63141 (The Bus)
-2822 was spotted as a driver training vehicle at Cheverly Station
-6147
-6145
-2014
-9720
-63143 (The Bus)
-3909
-3905 I think.

Well that's it.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

rideonrulez

A 52XX cutaway on the 47 during PM rush going to Rockville and 5420 on the 45 to Fallsgrove today (10/1/08)

and a heads up, you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

OrionFlyer

Quote from: rideonrulez on October 01, 2008, 09:31:15 PM
you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....


As in WMATA buses doing Ride On routes?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WMATAGMOAGH

What exactly is going on causing all this commotion at Ride-On?

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: rideonrulez on October 01, 2008, 09:31:15 PM
A 52XX cutaway on the 47 during PM rush going to Rockville and 5420 on the 45 to Fallsgrove today (10/1/08)

and a heads up, you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....

wow...first some cutaways on the 16 and 5, now 47???
Are the cutaways the recently transferred buses from Nicholson, or what is going on?
Also, I'm guessing 5420 is one of the '99 Gilligs that moved to Nicholson? (could have used a bigger bus a long time ago during summer school at Rockville High!)

and yeah, what do you mean non Ride On equipment?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

1 October

Metrobus
9376 X8 @ Union Station

Ride On
543 @ Silver Spring
729 16 @ Piney Branch/Flower

2 October
Metrobus
2801 79 (The sign works again. I don't know if the operator manually puts in 79 or if it went under a programming correction to fix the 000 and TTT problem.)
2316 83 (This baby has a fine whistle for a C Gas Plus powered C40LF. Usually the S50Gs whistle)

Ride On
537 17 @ Langley Park
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

btconet

Quote from: George on October 02, 2008, 06:50:43 AMand yeah, what do you mean non Ride On equipment?

I'd peep the 70 or 100 if I was you! ;)

rideonrulez

Quote from: George on October 02, 2008, 06:50:43 AM
Quote from: rideonrulez on October 01, 2008, 09:31:15 PM
A 52XX cutaway on the 47 during PM rush going to Rockville and 5420 on the 45 to Fallsgrove today (10/1/08)

and a heads up, you might see some non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes....

wow...first some cutaways on the 16 and 5, now 47???
Are the cutaways the recently transferred buses from Nicholson, or what is going on?
Also, I'm guessing 5420 is one of the '99 Gilligs that moved to Nicholson? (could have used a bigger bus a long time ago during summer school at Rockville High!)

and yeah, what do you mean non Ride On equipment?

5285-5296 are now at Silver Spring
5417-5423 are now at Nicholson
5185-5188 are now at Nicholson

Though for the last 2 days we have had various buses running Nicholson runs. There have been everything from Orion I's, 96 Gilligs and even 02 Orion V's on some of there blocks.

and what I mean about non Ride On equipment on Ride On routes is that we had MCI's that we chartered to operate the route 100 express this afternoon. It should be that way tomorrow too. So get your free MCI rides!!
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WES

Heading home from Annapolis, and passing Bowie, I saw something interesting.  I saw DCC 1111 heading westbound on Route 50 from the Bowie area.  It might have been heading from the Cummins dealer near Marley Station Mall off of Route 100.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

ChristopherF

#11
RIDE ON:
995410, with the -paint scheme that can never, ever, ever be changed at any time-, on the 10 (Hillandale)
995705 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995709 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995717 on the 26 (Montgomery Mall)

THE BUS (PG CO.)
63168 on the 17
63170 on the 16
8036 on the 18

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
9766 remains @ Montgomery.
4208 on the R2 (Calverton)
2004 on the F8 (Cheverly Station), freshly rehabbed
2088 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station), freshly rehabbed
2099 on the C4 (Twinbrook Station), remains unrehabbed
2000-2032: LANDOVER
2033-2066: WESTERN
2067-2099: MONTGOMERY
2818 on the R2 (Calverton)
2624 on the R2 (Calverton)
2417 on the 86 (Calverton)
2318 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2348 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)

NewFlyer9736BCT

This morning I rode an MCI Coach on Ride-On's 100. The bus is pretty sweet, but I don't know if the backs of the seats can be moved because mine was too far back and I couldn't find anything to make it go up more.

I was going northbound this morning so the bus wasn't crowded, and there's so many seats on the bus that it could handle rush hour directions of the 70 and 100.

...and...

It turns out some Flxibles and Orion Is are alive...also this morning I saw 5516 and 5701 at Shady Grove Station. I was hoping to get one of those on the 100...apparently we got the coach...so yeah
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

Yep I saw an Orion 1 at Silver Spring Station earlier.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Scrabbleship

I can't remember the number since I was in transit, but I saw a 3900 on the E6 heading towards Knollwood on Western Ave last night. Rare sight to see an O5 on a route usually held down by an O2 or no?