News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Pics from The Bahamas and a couple of others

Started by WayneNYC, November 09, 2010, 09:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WayneNYC













It was a nice suprise to find these ex-NJ Transit MC-9A and 9B Jersey cruisers in Freeport.  They sounded good, but both were running without A/C.



















We rode this brand new Volvo coach in Florida.



I shot this one in Yonkers on a recent NYC trip. 

Scrabbleship

Two things that always get me (one bus-related, one not bus related):

1: The multitude of left hand drive cars in The Bahamas where people drive on the left and the fact that there seem to be next to no issues with them. Am I the only one to have felt it was slightly odd the first time I experienced it when I was there.

2: The unified image for Giant and Stop & Shop looks so much better on Giant locations than their Stop & Shop siblings. Besides, weren't those Orion VII's due for MTA Bus at one point?

WMATAGMOAGH

Great photos.  No 27 sightings this time (if you remember that photo)?

Perry

Haha, I guess that ex Ride On bus was probably retired by now!

WayneNYC

#4
Oh yeah!  It escaped me if it's there:-).  Although it was good to see the ex-NJ Transit MC-9A & 9B it wasn't too much of a suprise as there were like 1000 of those buses.  I'm sure plenty of them are still running in all sorts of places.

Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 09, 2010, 10:52:58 AM
Two things that always get me (one bus-related, one not bus related):
1: The multitude of left hand drive cars in The Bahamas where people drive on the left and the fact that there seem to be next to no issues with them. Am I the only one to have felt it was slightly odd the first time I experienced it when I was there.
2: The unified image for Giant and Stop & Shop looks so much better on Giant locations than their Stop & Shop siblings. Besides, weren't those Orion VII's due for MTA Bus at one point?

You're so right.  I think I saw more left-hand drive cars than right, and I'm not joking.  I'm a big car fan too and I saw many cars that clearly were sold on the USA-spec and I guess got shipped there at some point.  It's always interesting to see the cars that are not sold on the US market.  Most of the tour buses also were left-hand drive, so it was like the MCIs weren't totally out of place:-). 

We did ride one of the regular city routes in Nassau.  They use a bunch of little Toyotas that seem to be built on a light truck chassis.  They are right-hand drive, so passengers are able to board/alight safely from the curb.  They have small diesel engines mated to manual transmissions and they won't take on standees.