News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Huge Bus Bridge coming Labor Day Weekend

Started by WMATAGMOAGH, August 03, 2010, 11:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SchuminWeb

I just realized one upside to this - we'll get to see the Red Line to Fort Totten destination sign...

Ride On 51 to Norbeck Park and Ride

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: SchuminWeb on August 19, 2010, 11:23:49 PM
I just realized one upside to this - we'll get to see the Red Line to Fort Totten destination sign...

What about the "upside" of maintaining the infrastructure? 

SchuminWeb

I meant for the railfan - I might have to do something just to see that destination in revenue service.

Ride On 51 to Norbeck Park and Ride

Scrabbleship

Quote from: SchuminWeb on August 20, 2010, 12:49:48 PM
I meant for the railfan - I might have to do something just to see that destination in revenue service.

Seen around 7:40 AM going through Foggy Bottom heading towards Virginia: A train signed up as Red to Fort Totten, in service, heading probably to Franconia.

WMATAGMOAGH

Way to go WMATA. 

I wonder why they didn't release the bus stop locations for the bus bridge this weekend wasn't released until 9:59 am this morning, about 12 hours after the bridge was implemented. 

79MetroExtraMD

I was up at both Silver Spring and Fort Totten today and caught a load of action at both spots. Got a bunch of snaps too. There seemed to be a little bit of confusion at Silver Spring on which side of Dixon buses going up or down were loading. At Fort Totten, alot of the buses seemed to pull past their designated stops to load and offload. Also FYI, heres a list of what I've seen so far: Four Mile Run, Bladensburg, Western, Northern, Montgomery, Landover, and Annex are running shuttles. NABI and New Flyer tics are out as well on some runs. There were a few express LFAs out as well. Made for some really interesting shots. Most of the shuttles seem to be devoted to the Fort Totten-Glenmont route. I haven't seen any Fort Totten-Silver Spring shuttles just mainly red and green signed shuttles.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Sand Box John

SchuminWeb
I just realized one upside to this - we'll get to see the Red Line to Fort Totten destination sign...


A little trivia for you. Fort Totten is the only 90 degree crossing transfer station with destination codes assigned to it. Red 14, Yellow 29, Green 41 and Blue 67.

Gallery Place had a Yellow destination code in the first version of the destination code table, Metro Center and L'Enfant Plaza never had destination codes assigned to them, however L'Enfant Plaza has No Passenger destination codes for executing diverging routes through the double crossover north of the station.
John in the sand box of Maryland's eastern shore.

WayneNYC

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 04, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
I was up at both Silver Spring and Fort Totten today and caught a load of action at both spots. Got a bunch of snaps too. There seemed to be a little bit of confusion at Silver Spring on which side of Dixon buses going up or down were loading. At Fort Totten, alot of the buses seemed to pull past their designated stops to load and offload. Also FYI, heres a list of what I've seen so far: Four Mile Run, Bladensburg, Western, Northern, Montgomery, Landover, and Annex are running shuttles. NABI and New Flyer tics are out as well on some runs. There were a few express LFAs out as well. Made for some really interesting shots. Most of the shuttles seem to be devoted to the Fort Totten-Glenmont route. I haven't seen any Fort Totten-Silver Spring shuttles just mainly red and green signed shuttles.

I was out there in the late AM/early PM hours.  Looks like Four Mile and the Annex had the most buses today.  I noticed that most of the Northern buses were "Express" LFA's, which makes sense (to me) as those buses would normally be in the garage on weekends.  I expected to see more Bladensburg buses, but I was happy to have ridden a C40LF through along Georgia Ave with some decent speed.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WayneNYC on September 04, 2010, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 04, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
I was up at both Silver Spring and Fort Totten today and caught a load of action at both spots. Got a bunch of snaps too. There seemed to be a little bit of confusion at Silver Spring on which side of Dixon buses going up or down were loading. At Fort Totten, alot of the buses seemed to pull past their designated stops to load and offload. Also FYI, heres a list of what I've seen so far: Four Mile Run, Bladensburg, Western, Northern, Montgomery, Landover, and Annex are running shuttles. NABI and New Flyer tics are out as well on some runs. There were a few express LFAs out as well. Made for some really interesting shots. Most of the shuttles seem to be devoted to the Fort Totten-Glenmont route. I haven't seen any Fort Totten-Silver Spring shuttles just mainly red and green signed shuttles.

I was out there in the late AM/early PM hours.  Looks like Four Mile and the Annex had the most buses today.  I noticed that most of the Northern buses were "Express" LFA's, which makes sense (to me) as those buses would normally be in the garage on weekends.  I expected to see more Bladensburg buses, but I was happy to have ridden a C40LF through along Georgia Ave with some decent speed.
I took a NABI tic down to Fort Totten. Pretty nice ride heading down through Butternut and Blair Road. The turn from Cedar Street onto Blair Road was an interesting sort of u-turn. All in all, nice scenic route.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WayneNYC

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 05, 2010, 01:42:22 AM
Quote from: WayneNYC on September 04, 2010, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 04, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
I was up at both Silver Spring and Fort Totten today and caught a load of action at both spots. Got a bunch of snaps too. There seemed to be a little bit of confusion at Silver Spring on which side of Dixon buses going up or down were loading. At Fort Totten, alot of the buses seemed to pull past their designated stops to load and offload. Also FYI, heres a list of what I've seen so far: Four Mile Run, Bladensburg, Western, Northern, Montgomery, Landover, and Annex are running shuttles. NABI and New Flyer tics are out as well on some runs. There were a few express LFAs out as well. Made for some really interesting shots. Most of the shuttles seem to be devoted to the Fort Totten-Glenmont route. I haven't seen any Fort Totten-Silver Spring shuttles just mainly red and green signed shuttles.

I was out there in the late AM/early PM hours.  Looks like Four Mile and the Annex had the most buses today.  I noticed that most of the Northern buses were "Express" LFA's, which makes sense (to me) as those buses would normally be in the garage on weekends.  I expected to see more Bladensburg buses, but I was happy to have ridden a C40LF through along Georgia Ave with some decent speed.
I took a NABI tic down to Fort Totten. Pretty nice ride heading down through Butternut and Blair Road. The turn from Cedar Street onto Blair Road was an interesting sort of u-turn. All in all, nice scenic route.

Like this one from the bus bridge last year?