News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

August 2010 Photos

Started by 79MetroExtraMD, August 02, 2010, 10:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 10, 2010, 11:58:09 AM
I actually think MT PLEASANT VIA ADAMS MORGAN is an improvement.  Adams Morgan is an area that isn't served by the Red Line directly and is a major destination for that line.
It only works given if its programmed into the sign. It's still not on alot of Orions at Western.

hmm...most of the buses I see on the 42 these days have that extra "via Adams Morgan" bit.
I mean...Adams Morgan has plenty of other buses that run through there, like the 90, 92, 93, 96, H1, L2, X3, and Circulator. So I don't think it's VERY necessary to add that bit of info on the sign, just a bit of a convenience.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Transport

I think any of the 90s buses terminating at Duke Ellington Bridge should instead be signed "ADAMS MORGAN" instead of "DUKE ELLINGTON BRIDGE."  I suspect more people know where Ad Mo is vs. the Ellington Bridge.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Transport on August 10, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
I think any of the 90s buses terminating at Duke Ellington Bridge should instead be signed "ADAMS MORGAN" instead of "DUKE ELLINGTON BRIDGE."  I suspect more people know where Ad Mo is vs. the Ellington Bridge.
Adams Morgan is a broad area. If they had signed them for Adams Morgan, some people would confuse it for the Woodley Park terminus. Ellington Bridge is technically the correct name for the terminus because it ends at that loop before the bridge.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 10, 2010, 05:59:55 PM
Quote from: Transport on August 10, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
I think any of the 90s buses terminating at Duke Ellington Bridge should instead be signed "ADAMS MORGAN" instead of "DUKE ELLINGTON BRIDGE."  I suspect more people know where Ad Mo is vs. the Ellington Bridge.
Adams Morgan is a broad area. If they had signed them for Adams Morgan, some people would confuse it for the Woodley Park terminus. Ellington Bridge is technically the correct name for the terminus because it ends at that loop before the bridge.

I don't know anyone who considers the area by Calvert and Connecticut to be part of Adams Morgan.  When someone says Adams Morgan to me, I think of 18th and Columbia.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if that headsign said ADAMS MORGAN.

79MetroExtraMD

I just don't see it happening. Why change up something that's been the same for years along the 90s. I do wish they could change the 42's terminus to not read Metro Center and should say 9th & G or something of the sort since technically that terminus is situated closer to Gallery Place than Metro Center.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Check this out!!! From what I heard from a friend who's going to work for Ride-On soon, there's gonna be even more of these Gillig Advantages moving up to Gaithersburg.






oh, and the reason why these photos are only 640x480 is because I wasn't aware it was set to that resolution, it wasn't before I was in Silver Spring when I realized why my pictures weren't in good quality.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

NewFlyer9736BCT

Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

#22
Love that shot of 2072 on the 13B.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Flxible

It's great to see so many Flxes are still in service despite the sudden influx of LFAs.  I like the B&W effect on some of those.
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

Nabinut

Here are mine from this Saturday:
This past Saturday I visited DC on a whim and here are the results:
Metrobus:
New Flyer DE40LF #6037:

New Flyer DE62LFA #5436:

Orion VII CNG #2607:

Orion VI #2055:

New Flyer C40LF #2385 with the Capitol Building in the Background:

Orion V #4290:

DE42LFA #6482 at Anacostia Station:

6539 at Greenbelt Station

New Flyer D40LF Suburban #6216:


Montgomery County Ride-On:
New Flyer C40LF #5826:

Gillig Advantage #5751:

Gillig Advantage 29 footer #5024:

Gillig Advantage Hybrid #5341:



79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

79MetroExtraMD

I have a ton of pics from yesterday that I won't spend time posting all of them. I'm just gonna post the goods.
Link to the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/flyerD4001/23Aug



























"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Nice pics yall. Hey Ken do Shuttle's hybrids have the Voith hybrid of the Allison ones?
The REAL Landover Division fan!