News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

New WMATA Bus Orders

Started by wmata employee, September 16, 2008, 05:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wmata employee

HI, Im a wmata supervisor and I find you all's web site very interesting we take time to thank you and the riding public of taking pride in our fleet or should I say loving our bus fleet. Im a metrobus division supervisor and as of yet we have not decided when or were the new 60ft. articulated coaches will be assigned on any route, as far as on the 5A those runs are paid for by the state of virginia so its impossible that the buses will go there on that route, virginia divisions will recieve there new fleet pretty soon when the West Ox-Arlington division opens in March 2009. Royal st. will not recieve new fleet because the authority is working on finding a replacement or space for the new garage to be built. But lets get back to the 60ft. buses they will be assigned only to Bladensburg Facility only the old fleet of the 94-95 NABI 60FT buses will retire/move to Montgomery garage. But to answer questions as of the split of the 50's not true that line is houses at Northern garage, the S1-4 is going threw a study rite now to get more feed back on the line log on to www.16thstreetbusstudy.com or go to www.metroopensdoors.com to get the correct link go to events/projects. we ask or I ask that check on our website for the next general managers on line chat he will be glad to ask any of ur questions or concerns about the "BRT FLEET". If u have any question per bus or any other bus related question email me on dowellantonio@yahoo.com my personel email.

LandoverDivision

Quote from: wmata employee on September 16, 2008, 05:13:44 PM
HI, Im a wmata supervisor and I find you all's web site very interesting we take time to thank you and the riding public of taking pride in our fleet or should I say loving our bus fleet. Im a metrobus division supervisor and as of yet we have not decided when or were the new 60ft. articulated coaches will be assigned on any route, as far as on the 5A those runs are paid for by the state of virginia so its impossible that the buses will go there on that route, virginia divisions will recieve there new fleet pretty soon when the West Ox-Arlington division opens in March 2009. Royal st. will not recieve new fleet because the authority is working on finding a replacement or space for the new garage to be built. But lets get back to the 60ft. buses they will be assigned only to Bladensburg Facility only the old fleet of the 94-95 NABI 60FT buses will retire/move to Montgomery garage. But to answer questions as of the split of the 50's not true that line is houses at Northern garage, the S1-4 is going threw a study rite now to get more feed back on the line log on to www.16thstreetbusstudy.com or go to www.metroopensdoors.com to get the correct link go to events/projects. we ask or I ask that check on our website for the next general managers on line chat he will be glad to ask any of ur questions or concerns about the "BRT FLEET". If u have any question per bus or any other bus related question email me on dowellantonio@yahoo.com my personel email.

Well, I don't know what's going on with the 5A or the BRT buses, but I was told by someone that they were going to be put on there.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

wmata employee

well sir or mam that is not true they will be tested on dc routes only. virginia is not going to get any 60ft brt buses any time soon.

Tristan

I'm pretty sure the 5A started as a demo route paid for with DC funds to get job seekers out to the Dulles area, then after 18 months became a compact route (meaning all jurisdictions share the burden, like with most other bus routes).  Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, however, the possibility of the 5A getting the relief it needs is still open.

LandoverDivision

If you are right, we could be seeing those BRT buses hitting the 5A. The 60 foots that is.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

wmata employee

NO!! ur wrong the 5A,5B CAME APART OF VIRGINIA FUNDS ONLY THEN THEY DISCONTINUED THE ROUTE 5B AND ADDED MORE BUSES TO THE 5A SO IM LETTING YOU NO AS A WMATA 15YRS.ON THE JOB SUPERVISOR AND EMPLOYEE THAT THIS IS NOT PAID 4 BY DC FUNDS VIRGINIA OWNS THAT ROUTE

Tristan

Okay again we're going to have to stop the capital letters.  I don't mind being wrong but again, capital letters means shouting, so you're shouting to me that I'm wrong.  This is not the impression you are trying to make, I'm sure.  Just check your caps lock.

wmata employee

LOL.... thanks for the welcome ............... but check check our website for updates on the

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: Tristan on September 16, 2008, 05:52:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the 5A started as a demo route paid for with DC funds to get job seekers out to the Dulles area, then after 18 months became a compact route (meaning all jurisdictions share the burden, like with most other bus routes).  Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, however, the possibility of the 5A getting the relief it needs is still open.

That is what I recall as well.  Too many airport travelers and not enough reverse commuters for DC to foot the bill on its own.

Perry

It started off as a regular fare bus route, but so many commuters were using it from Herndon to DC that I remember some of the politicians getting mad and forcing the fare to be the express rate.  I don't think it had as much to do with airport travelers as much as it was the commuters using it to go to DC in the AM and from DC in the PM.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Perry on September 17, 2008, 10:55:07 AM
It started off as a regular fare bus route, but so many commuters were using it from Herndon to DC that I remember some of the politicians getting mad and forcing the fare to be the express rate.  I don't think it had as much to do with airport travelers as much as it was the commuters using it to go to DC in the AM and from DC in the PM.

What if they did some morning and evening turnbacks at Hernon-Monroe? Would that cut down on the overcrowding on some runs coming from/going to Dulles?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

Doesn't 99% of the ridership go to Dulles?

79MetroExtraMD

#12
You'd think it'd be like that :D.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Perry

Maybe now it does since there is an express charge for it, but when it was a regular local fare it was much cheaper than taking the FFX Connector to WFC and the Metro from there.

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: Perry on September 17, 2008, 10:55:07 AM
It started off as a regular fare bus route, but so many commuters were using it from Herndon to DC that I remember some of the politicians getting mad and forcing the fare to be the express rate.  I don't think it had as much to do with airport travelers as much as it was the commuters using it to go to DC in the AM and from DC in the PM.

Now that you mention it, that sounds better.  I've been scatterbrained the past few days, you don't want to know why.