News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

August 2010 Observations

Started by ChristopherF, August 02, 2010, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ChristopherF

RIDE ON:
005814 48  (Rockville)
005815 55 (Germantown Trans Cntr)
005816 55 (Rockville)
005817 48 (Wheaton)
095331 10 (Twinbrook)
095334 10 (Hillandale)

METROBUS (*asterisk indicates unrehabbed 2001-02 New Flyer C40LF buses):
6107 NH1
4020 NH1

9330 86
4217 1A (Vienna Station)
4254 R12 (New Carrollton)
4314 C8 (College Park Station)
4322 K6 (White Oak)
4338 C2 (Wheaton Station)
4351 C4 (Twinbrook Station)
4352 28A (Tysons Corner)
4371 F6 (Silver Spring Station)
4384 R12 (Deanwood Station)
2010 F4 (Silver Spring Station)
2016 F4 (New Carrollton Station)
2070 1B (Dunn Loring Station)
2170 R4 (Highview)
6014 T18 (New Carrollton Station)
6015 Z8 (Briggs Chaney Park & Ride)
6039 Y8 (Silver Spring Station)
6178 F4 (Silver Spring Station)
6196 C8 (College Park Station)
6207 C8 (White Flint Station)
6304 F6 (New Carrollton Station)
6311 F6 (Silver Spring Station)
6321 F8 (Langley Park)
6367 C8 (White Flint Station)
6376 C4 (Twinbrook Station)
6381 C8 (White Flint Station)
6393 C4 (Twinbrook Station)
6394 C4 (PG Plaza Station)
6395 1A (Ballston Station)
6484 S2 (Federal Triangle)
6502 S4 (Silver Spring Station)
6521 F8 (Cheverly Station)
6542 C4 (Twinbrook Station)
6547 K6 (Ft Totten)
6550 Z8 (Silver Spring Station)
6551 C4 (PG Plaza Station)
6559 C4 (Twinbrook Station)
5446 Y8 (Silver Spring Station)
5447 70 (Silver Spring Station)
5450 70 (Silver Spring Station)
2684 REX (Fort Belvoir)
2531 REX (King Street Station)
2510 23A (Tysons Corner Westpark)
2592 23A (Crystal City)
2724 3B (Falls Church Sta)
2638 3B (Rosslyn Station)
2617 86 (Calverton)
2618 R3 (Greenbelt Station)
2625 80 (Kennedy Center)
2626 83 (Cherry Hill)
2635 R3 (Ft Totten)
2637 R4 (Highview)
2805 83 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2807 79 (Archives)
5415 R2 (Calverton)
2455 86 (Rhode Island Avenue Station) & then the X2 (Lafayette Square)
2422 R2 (Calverton)
2407 R2, freshly rehabbed & repainted in silver/red
2427 D6, freshly rehabbed & repainted in silver/red
2462 80, freshly rehabbed & repainted in silver/red
2464* 80 (Ft Totten)
2365 86 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2382 R2 (Calverton & then to Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2389 R2 (Calverton)

WMATAGMOAGH

Was at the Montgomery County Fair today.  Unless I totally missed it somehow, there is no Ride On display this year.

NewFlyer9736BCT

today on I-270 as I was heading northbound:

confirmed: 5529 is still in service, it was on the route 79.
5735 was deadheading southbound around Clopper Rd/Muddy Branch Road
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WayneNYC


NewFlyer9736BCT

#49
2231 on the S4

and tonight it's on the H8

Quote<body copyright="All data copyright WMATA Washington 2010.">
<vehicle id="2231" routeTag="H8" dirTag="H8_H8_1" lat="38.940689" lon="-76.998299" secsSinceReport="191" predictable="true" heading="90" speedKmHr="37.008"/>
</body>
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH


WMATAGMOAGH

4044/4045 still have their original numbering, in addition to the new larger numbers.

WMATAGMOAGH

Saw 5529 on the 29 an hour ago, which I was not expecting since it is a Sunday evening.  Front and rear signs weren't working, paper sign in the front window.  Not sure about the side sign.  Bus seems to still have decent speed, I was doing the speed limit (35 MPH) and got in front of it when it made the stop between Sangamore and Cromwell (I forget the cross street there) but it had almost caught up to me by the time we reached Cape Cod Court at the top of the next hill.

Also saw 3003 on the D4, not sure what length buses the D4 typically gets these days though.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 22, 2010, 07:47:18 PM
Saw 5529 on the 29 an hour ago, which I was not expecting since it is a Sunday evening.  Front and rear signs weren't working, paper sign in the front window.  Not sure about the side sign.  Bus seems to still have decent speed, I was doing the speed limit (35 MPH) and got in front of it when it made the stop between Sangamore and Cromwell (I forget the cross street there) but it had almost caught up to me by the time we reached Cape Cod Court at the top of the next hill.

Also saw 3003 on the D4, not sure what length buses the D4 typically gets these days though.

The signs on 5529 haven't worked for a very long time. Plus the D4 almost always gets 30-ft buses. It's the D8 that used to be almost all 30-footers and now are almost all 40-footers.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

Another thing to note is that the D4 does not show FRANKLIN SQUARE at all on the signs. It still hasn't been programmed into the signs.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Scrabbleship

Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 22, 2010, 09:51:30 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 22, 2010, 07:47:18 PM
Saw 5529 on the 29 an hour ago, which I was not expecting since it is a Sunday evening.  Front and rear signs weren't working, paper sign in the front window.  Not sure about the side sign.  Bus seems to still have decent speed, I was doing the speed limit (35 MPH) and got in front of it when it made the stop between Sangamore and Cromwell (I forget the cross street there) but it had almost caught up to me by the time we reached Cape Cod Court at the top of the next hill.

Also saw 3003 on the D4, not sure what length buses the D4 typically gets these days though.

The signs on 5529 haven't worked for a very long time. Plus the D4 almost always gets 30-ft buses. It's the D8 that used to be almost all 30-footers and now are almost all 40-footers.

5529 seen this morning laying over at White Flint before going on the last 81 of the morning.

RideOn5905

I went on an outing today to Montgomery Mall (I swear, the signs at the bus shelters need a major update; they still show the N7, the Smartmover routes, and the 47 to Grosvenor) and some major sights include:

5907 on the 55 (not too unusual, it was crowded as always, but that bus makes some VERY high-pitched noises, especially when braking)
While on 5907, I saw 9404 on the Q6 to Shady Grove (mind you, this wasn't during rush hour or anything; it was close to 11)
Ride On must've fixed the announcers on some of their buses; buses that didn't announce stops before (5828, 5942, 5926, 5718) were now announcing stops. This couldn't have happened too long ago; I rode 5828 a couple of weeks ago (on the 55), and it was a totally silent ride.
6205 on the C2, then the J2, and 6207 on the J7; D40LFRs are dropping like flies here in Montgomery County.
5305 on the 47; this bus was 15 minutes late. You know, that loud noise the hybrids make when they brake always amuses me. I don't know why, but I always liked it when the bus is almost at a full stop, and it's still making those loud sounds.
And I saved the best for last...

A ride on 5735 on the 61 home! (By the time we left Lakeforest, the bus was full; I swear, Ride On needs to increase the frequency on this route.)

WayneNYC

#57
6443 on the D6.

8/24/10 - 5529 sighting.  It was on the 23.  Ride On is certainly getting their money's worth out of this bus.   

Annex4421

Ok hopefully somebody can confirm but today I saw some 40 versons of the A300ks for the DC Circulator. I was near Navy Yard on the V7 and noticed one of the #s was 1147 then I noticed that they were 40fts there was about 3 of them I'm guess new buses for the new Rosslyn route?



79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Southern Avenue Annex on August 24, 2010, 02:34:57 PM
Ok hopefully somebody can confirm but today I saw some 40 versons of the A300ks for the DC Circulator. I was near Navy Yard on the V7 and noticed one of the #s was 1147 then I noticed that they were 40fts there was about 3 of them I'm guess new buses for the new Rosslyn route?
Not just for Rosslyn but for most of the other routes. I've seen them shift around a few of the 40 footers for the Woodley Park route recently and most of the 30 footers have been showing up on the Waterfront route since it's not that busy as the other two. I'll check to see how high the numbers go.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06