News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Favorite Engine: Diesel Series

Started by 79MetroExtraMD, September 13, 2008, 08:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Diesel side of the family.

GM/DD Series 71
4 (50%)
DD Series 92
6 (75%)
DD Series 50
2 (25%)
DD Series 60
0 (0%)
Cummins L10/ISL
3 (37.5%)
Cummins M11/ISM
2 (25%)
Cummins C8.3/ISC
0 (0%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

79MetroExtraMD

Here's the diesel one. Max 3 votes per user.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

WES

You forgot to add in the 8V71 which would have been one of my choices.  Nothing like riding a 1100 series up and down 1-395  ;D
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

MetroLinerXLZ

I'd say the Detroit Diesel Series 71's and 92's. And the scream of a Series 40-E is SOOOOOoooo musical!!!
It is whatever.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WES on September 13, 2008, 10:59:39 PM
You forgot to add in the 8V71 which would have been one of my choices.  Nothing like riding a 1100 series up and down 1-395  ;D

I put all the 71 series together since there are alot of fans who like the 6v71 and the 8v71, that way no one's choice is left out. The 71 series were the best ones. Does anyone have a liking of the Series 53?
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

rideonrulez

"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WayneNYC

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 15, 2008, 10:40:20 AM
Quote from: WES on September 13, 2008, 10:59:39 PM
You forgot to add in the 8V71 which would have been one of my choices.  Nothing like riding a 1100 series up and down 1-395  ;D

I put all the 71 series together since there are alot of fans who like the 6v71 and the 8v71, that way no one's choice is left out. The 71 series were the best ones. Does anyone have a liking of the Series 53?

I don't know.  I think 8V-71N and 6V-71N definitely need to be separate at the 6V was quite tame while the 8V had a loud powerful sound and were powerful too.

Tritransit Area

My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

LandoverDivision

The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

Love 'em but they're in short supply around here!

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on October 14, 2008, 10:06:53 AM
Love 'em but they're in short supply around here!

That's true. I'd love to hear a D40LFR with a C9 or maybe a C9/Voith combo in a bus (someday).
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06