News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

September 2008 Observations

Started by ChristopherF, September 02, 2008, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Perry


NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: BladensburgB2 on September 23, 2008, 05:18:36 PM
Hello everyone

92-P985 9320 (which was really a good treat)
90-N932 4345
90-N915 4279
96-NJ07 2159
90-N930 4299
92-N934 4281
90-N909 2150
92-N908 2114
92-N938 9780
90-N933 4301
M5-PM55 4021
N22-FN94 2594
P2-BP14 2624
32-W313 4350
W2-PW04 3926

Does Annex do the 92 often?

Also, what ever happened to 2097?
That question you may have asked long ago...I'm guessing we all thought it was dead at CET...
that is...until I saw it at Silver Spring 2 days ago and rode it on the Q2

I couldn't believe it, I thought that bus was a goner. (I have pictures, I'll post them up later I guess)
(BTW yes it's rehabbed (rehab #1220 to be exact))
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tristan

Well I guess since they were rehabbing Orion VIs anyway, they just went ahead and rehabbed that one...albeit it was a harder job ;)

wmata employee

Annex has 4 blocks on the 90/92. 2 in the morning 2 in the afternoon.

79MetroExtraMD

Metrobus

2517 70 (N714) @ Silver Spring
5307 S2 (NS36) @ Georgia & Alaska
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

rideonrulez

#65
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 25, 2008, 11:37:29 PM
Metrobus

2517 70 (N714) @ Silver Spring

2525 70 (N714) @ Silver Spring this morning (9/26/08)
3013 Driver Training @ Silver Spring
9828 L8 @ Connecticut & Veirs Mill with "L8 Kettering" on the sign LOL That's a long route!!
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

ChristopherF

METROBUS:
9768 remains @ Montgomery.
4261 on the 3B (Falls Church Station)
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
2165 -- now with Luminator destination signs -- on the S2 (Federal Triangle) with an "N" block
2176 is now wrapped in the www.Germany.info Website ad (see that Website for more)
2525 on the 70 (Silver Spring Station) with an "F" block

OrionFlyer

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 25, 2008, 11:37:29 PM
Metrobus

2517 70 (N714) @ Silver Spring


Why does a Four Mile Run bus have an N block? I was told that the Four Mile does a run on the 70 but why is it an N block instead of an F block?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

wmata employee

The reason why your seeing those buses because Northern borrowed 3 of them just for this week,they will go back to their home garage.

wmata employee

also when the new buses come Northern will get low floor buses so the orion cng's were only there for testing on routes to see if they can handle  heavy lines.

WMATAGMOAGH

How were they fueled over the course of the week?  Did they get driven back to FMR or to Bladensburg each night?  Why did they have to send Orion VII/CNGs instead of sending a New Flyer HEV or Orion VI that requires "standard" fuel?

Tristan

I guess it depends on what garage has 3 buses they can afford to send...

WES

There maybe a NABI BRT in service already, but not on regular route.  This one, that was in the regular bus line up at Bladensburg, maybe doing a school run on possibly the M31 that runs from R.I. Ave Station to McKinley Tech High school.  It maybe either the last trip or the next to last trip leaving RI, I can't remember since I haven't exactly seen it running that run yet.  That route does use artics on it so it would be no surprise if that was on it.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

ChristopherF

Yesterday, I mentioned in this thread that WMATA Metrobus 2176 is now wrapped in the www.Germany.info Website ad.  There will be a "Spot the Bus" contest in which you can win prizes by taking a photo of that bus.  That contest will coincide with the relaunch of the www.Germany.info Website, which will happen this Friday, October 3.  Please be on the lookout for WMATA Metrobus 2176 on Western-based routes, such as the 30s.

Perry

They've done that contest before.  I wonder how many people have participated in it besides the nuts on this board?